“It was not an unpleasant stay”

Red Lion Hotel Wenatchee
Ranked #12 of 16 Hotels in Wenatchee
A TripAdvisor Member
“It was not an unpleasant stay”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2005

I read the reviews and thought I would find a horrilbe old hotel in need of repair. It was not as bad as I had feared. The room was clean and there is a restuarant on site. You are within walking distance to grocery stores, beauty shops, bakeries, etc. There is a fitness facility but no laundry. You can send clothes out for dry cleaning. I had numerous television channels and free daily and Sunday newspapers. I would stay again.

• Stayed April 2005, traveled on business
1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
Tacoma, WA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2005

I'm a cheapskate, so even though I'd read these frightening reviews, I decided to take my chances with Priceline's $46 per night deal on this hotel. I was very, very pleasantly surprised. I figured I'd be getting a Motel 6 quality experience, but the Wenatchee Red Lion seemed (gasp!) a bit elegant. Check-in was quick and simple, and my second floor room was clean and had that hotel-room smell.

The only down sides: The toilet was leaking a bit, but it was easily fixed with a coat hanger. (I suppose I could have called the desk to fix it, but I was happy with the room and feared they'd send me to a new taco-bed room!) Trains do indeed run past the hotel, shaking the building a bit, but I grew up in a house with trains nearby, so this was oddly comforting.

• Stayed April 2005
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2004

After driving 5 hours to reach Wenatcche I showed up at Red Lion and got a room.

I am a busines traveler and the $50 Holiday Inn in Yakima has more class than this $100 a night hotel. I am sure in its day it was the bomb, but not in todays class of hotels.

The wireless internet is a joke, I took me 45 minutes to fill out their stupid sign up sheet before I can access it. I was going to call other hotels and move, but there isnt even a phone book in the room.

I would NOT recommend this hotel.

4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Travelers are raving about these Wenatchee hotels

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2004

The mattresses were old and uneven. It gullied out in the middle. I felt like I was sleeping in a taco. The furniture was stained and the drawers did not operate properly. The pool needed cleaning.

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2004

I spent 2 nights in the Red Lion in Wenatchee. I was very disappointed. First they had no light in the room that ran off a switch. You had to cut the lights off/on individually. There were lights over by the patio door, but there was no switch to cut them on. I have sleep apnea and I have to have a machine to sleep with at night. There was only one switch by the bed that I could use, which I had to unplug the lamps to use. Which inturn made it a little more difficult if I had to get up in the middle of the night as there was no light that I could cut on. For being a well know hotel, I felt the rooms were not up to the what everyone things of when you say Red Lion. There was no parking available by our rooms, we had to park up and around the corner (yet the front was really bare, as if they were booking everyone to the back of the hotel. The last time I stayed in this same hotel, years ago, the fire alarms kept going off so we had to move to another hotel. If I had to rate my stay it would be a 2 out of 5 (if that).

3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2004

We arrived in our room after a six hour drive hoping for a little bit of romance added to an errand that could not be avoided.

We were greeted by the back of a Lowes Home Improvement store (view from our "Balcony") and train tracks with litter and a chain link fence.

The bathroom toilet was dirty, the water backed up two inches in the bathtub when showering, even after having maintenance come up and pour industrial strength drain cleaner down the drain and letting is sit all night.

The bed was so hard I did not sleep and was also made so poorly that the bottom sheet was entirely off of the bed by the time we "woke up".

The only bright side was the very friendly staff. I suppose it is not their fault that the Corporate Headquarters has them working in a dilapidated place.

5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2004

i made a reservation one week in advance and when i arrived, there was no vacancy because of overbooking. the red lion sent me to the best western ( the best western went out of their way to make us comfortable) and i think the overbooking policy you are using is unjust. i will be staying at best western hotels from now on.

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member