Red Lion Hotel Wenatchee
$117
$64
$99
Best Western Chieftain Inn(Wenatchee)(Great Value!)
$100
Comfort Inn Downtown Wenatchee(Wenatchee)(Great Value!)
$84
$105
$159
SpringHill Suites
$51
La Quinta Inn & Suites Wenatchee(Wenatchee)(Great Value!)
$76
$66
  • Pool
All reviewsroaring start breakfastbreakfast staffbit datedfront desk staffup to datebed was very comfortablemission ridgeloungeapple
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 25, 2009

We wanted a clean, reputable hotel with an outdoor pool for Memorial Day weekend. Paid in advance online and called ahead since we'd be getting in after the normal check-in time to make sure our room would still be ready. The manager was super helpful and friendly and eager to answer questions. He assured me the room was good to go.

Arrived, check-in was quick and easy. Found our room, opened the door and were surprised at how big it was. We got a room with two queens overlooking the pool. I was concerned we wouldn't get any sleep because of pool noise but it closed promptly at ten so no worries. The room and bathroom were large and clean, and the A/C was running when we got in so we were instantly comfortable. The sliding door to the balcony (which was an unexpected bonus) has an effective security bar. The bathroom is tiled and updated and big.

The pool opened at 9:00am the next day - I have to say I was impressed with how well the pool area is secured. No kid is getting in there unless they're a good climber. The busy holiday weekend left the pool water cloudy and pretty unappealing to adults. The kids, however, didn't hesitate whatsoever and swam for hours. I would urge the hotel to be a little more intentional with pool maintenance even when it's busy because it did look pretty nasty. But a good time was had by all nonetheless.

The hotel puts towels in the pool area for guests and there are plenty of reclining lounge chairs. I brought pillows out and extra towels to make things extra comfortable.

The staff is eager to help but easy going. I know where we're staying next time.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed December 26, 2008

Stayed at this property for one night in late December just before the Christmas Holiday. The hotel was nearly vacant but just right for our party of four (two adults and two small children).

We arrived late (after 8 pm) and were quickly checked in to our well equipped two queen room. The room was close walk from the front desk. We asked for a roll-a-way and it was waiting for us as we came to the room.

Room was large with two full queens and comfy pillow top beds. There was an old 27 inch tube tv, coffee station, desk (complimentary wireless that we did not try) and a lounge chair. Plenty of room for use. There was a sliding glass door (that we did not open) and a small balcony.

Typical Red lion set up and linens.

The bathroom had two sinks one outside the bathroom and one inside with standard tub/shower and toilet. Water pressure was pretty pathetic, but it is an older hotel that could use some love-as expected.

we had a great rate of 90 through AAA. probably could have got it cheaper through priceline but didn't want to get stuck at the other 3 star down the road (coast-gateway). Didn't see the pool, or use food services, but I'm sure they are more than adequate.

Staff was friendly and efficient, but I can't imagine their occupancy rate was more that 5 percent full. Heard the train roll through on two occasions during the night but was able to quickly go back to sleep.

I will stay here again if I ever need to stay in Wenatchee.

T

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed October 14, 2008

We booked 2 rooms from Oct 8-13, 2008 and were very pleased with the room, staff and restaurant.
The room is a typical Red Lion room, large with a sliding glass door, balcony, desk, reading chair, dual vanities, large closet, fridge and coffee maker.
The staff from the front desk to the cleaners to the restaurant and bar were all so nice and went out of their way to please us.
The restaurant was awesome! The food was consistantly good and the prices were cheap compared to the other places we visited. The French Onion Soup & Salad @ $6.25 was so good I had it 2 nights. We had the same waitress each time, brown hair in a pony tail, who was so nice and welcoming she made us feel right at home.
The only drawback is the train that runs in back of the hotel, but after the first night we were used to the rumbling and the beds were so comfortable I could have slept thru anything!

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed September 17, 2008

Red Lions are usually reliably decent, and this one is not an exception. Clean, reasonably appointed, this did all I needed while working in town for a week. The pool was clean, the hot tub very good, and the staff attentive and quick. Having the many food choices nearby was good too. All things considered, its a very good hotel.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed September 3, 2008

I was a little excited about staying here because I have never stayed in a Red Lion before and I paid a little more than usual because I thought it was going to be very fancy. Well it wasn't so fancy and the house cleaning and my room disappointed me. I booked my room, two queens no smoking, on their website and was told upon my arrival that they did not have one for me. Not because they sold out but because the house cleaning staff neglected to clean one for us. I was then told that the house cleaning had gone home for the evening and they could offer me a room with 1 queen. When I explained that there were 3 of us and I would prefer to have two beds they said they would give me a roll away at no cost. So I agreed and went off to my room. After we were in the room for an hour or two my wife discovered one of the end table drawers had garbage in it. By this time it was late and I knew that the cleaning staff had gone home so we just emptied it and went to bed. My 2-year-old daughter woke up in the middle of the night and when my wife took her to the bathroom found that our invoice had been slid under the door and they had charged me for the roll away. Very frustrating. Being the middle of the night I told my wife I would discuss it with them upon check out. Then the next morning when I was getting out of the shower I noticed something under the bathroom sink. When I got closer I realized it was one of the drinking glasses had been shattered on the floor and swept under the counter and left by the cleaning staff. I checked with my wife to confirm her or my daughter didn’t break it and she was as surprised as I was. Good thing none of us had stepped on it. The next morning when I checked out I told the person at the desk about all of the issues I had and she removed the roll away bed from the bill. She then told me I should have called them and they would have removed the garbage from the end table for me. She said she would notify the cleaning staff. I hope she did. The rest of my 4-night stay was spent at a little cheaper hotel down the road and I had no further issues. This hotel was not worth the extra cash for me.

Stayed: August 2008