“excellent venue”

Red Lion Hotel Wenatchee
Ranked #11 of 15 Hotels in Wenatchee
Reviewed August 5, 2014

Comfortable and clean rooms, bountiful breakfast, accommodating staff, beautiful grounds and pool water temperature was perfect. I've never seen such great accommodations for the disabled in a pool setting anywhere. We'll be back.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family

Reviewed August 5, 2014

This was a last minute booking - so we took what was available. The lower level double Queen room was spacious, clean and relatively quiet even though it faced the pool and courtyard. Air conditioner and Fridge were cold. Coffee pot worked. We didn't try the microwave but I bet it was ok. The TV is the old style and dated but worked for our needs. We weren't in the room much except to sleep and clean up.
One nice thing the hotel did that I don't see everywhere is the addition of electrical outlet strips that are easy to get to. We didn't have to move furniture or unplug clocks to plug in our accessories to charge. Service was good. It appears that someone is doing their best to repair wallpaper tears and do maintenance as needed. If you're looking for functional safe and convenience this could be a good choice.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Cathy B
Reviewed July 28, 2014

Upon check-in I asked if I was given the government rate as I am a state employee. The young gal working the desk acted like she had no idea what I was asking for and eventually told me the group rate I was given was less expensive but it turned out to be much more. I was also told at check-in as a Rewards member I would receive free breakfast but the next day I was told that was not in my reservation. I went to the front desk the next day and was told I was not given the government rate nor was it noted that I should get free breakfast. The lady at the desk that day was helpful in fixing this problem but I was charged full price for my first night.

Additionally, the first room I was in was infested with ants. I had to quickly check-in and run to a meeting in town so didn't see the ant problem until I returned to my room at approximately 9:30pm. I was given another room but was forced to pack up everything and move. The original room I had was a king and I was required to move to a 2 queen room. After moving to a new room, the television had a constant humming/buzzing sound when it was on.

I asked for some sort of reparation like an upgrade, free meal, something, anything, but was told they could not do anything for me.

As a Red Lion Rewards member who stays at Red Lion establishments often, I can say this is the worst one I've been to and I will never stay there again, nor will I recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Red Lion Hotels
Roger P, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel Wenatchee, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2014

Ms Phedra Q. Thank you for taking the time to submit your review.

As we discussed on the phone yesterday your experience was the exception and not the rule. We have taken action to immediately correct the level of Customer Service we are delivering. All members of the staff are empowered and encouraged to help all guests and "make it right".

It is my expectation that our staff is delivering top level customer service and a clean and comfortable product. In addition, I have communicated my expectation that we need to continue to recognize and appreciate each guest who stays with us, especially our returning loyal Red Lion Members.

Thank you again for sharing your experience with the Trip Advisor community and allowing us to serve you again next time.

Reviewed July 24, 2014 via mobile

The Red Lion is just okay. The rooms are very spacious and they have all the amenities you could need (refrigerator, microwave, business desk, etc), but the TVs lack the modern appeal. The beds are comfy and the room and hotel In general were clean. The hotel features an amazing breakfast! Make sure to have you walking boots on as it takes quite a bit of walking to get your rooms. Hotel is near many food and shopping places!

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Murph_17
Reviewed July 20, 2014 via mobile

I stayed in room 326. The bed wS delightfully wonderful as we're the pillows. The arm chair in the room had stains on the arm rests. The shower didn't worked well and could use a good descaling. The little coffee pot handle was ready to fall off. We ate dinner in the Grizzly Lounge and was quite surprised at the food quality. I had fish and chips, my son had a wonderful chicken and artichoke penne that was the bomb! Very flavorful!

Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed July 17, 2014

Located on hotel row on Wenatchee Avenue this property may not be as grandiose as some other Red Lions but it has all the necessities for a comfortable stay. It's your basic three story walkup in white with brown trim and has indian motifs around the roof tops. There is a hot tub and a swimming pool equipped with a disabled lift and a bottom scouring roomba. Plenty of big box stores, a variety of restaurants, pawn shops and second hand stores are within walking distance. Columbia River waterfront park is just the other side of the busy BNSF railway tracks.

Room Tip: For railfans ask for a room facing the tracks. Expect train traffic at all hours.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ajaceman
Reviewed July 13, 2014

We arrived at 6 pm and had to wait in a line for 1/2 hour to check in as they only had 1 person at the counter. This is an older hotel with wide hallways, large rooms including bathroom but very clean with good beds. They have microwave, refrigerators, the old tube TV's.
Wifi speed and connectivity was very good.

Room Tip: There are train tracks on the north side of the hotel but they did not run after 8 pm. Breakfast is...
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple