“not bad for the price”

Ranked #12 of 16 Hotels in Wenatchee
Wenatchee
“not bad for the price”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2014

The hotel looks a bit old and dated. The staff is nice and works hard to be accomidating. If you room on the back side of the hotel the train noise is very loud in the middle of the night. Our mattress was very uncomfortable.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Red Lion Hotels

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
Twisp, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2014

While this hotel needs a bit of freshening up (like the bed comforter and the TV), the staff more than makes up for this deficiency. Friendly and VERY helpful. They made my stay so much easier! I was having to catch the westbound Amtrak in the morning that was running behind schedule. The staff kept me updated on my shuttle departure time to the train which was very much appreciated. The hotel also provides shuttle service to and from Pangborn airport.

There is a lounge in the hotel that I used for dinner. Food was not bad at all. The small breakfast buffet the next morning in the cafe was okay, too.

Although my bed comforter was showing signs of age, the bed itself was comfortable.

I would stay here again based on the staff alone.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Spokane, Washington
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2014

I have always liked any Red Lion that I have stayed at -- this particular stay -- I got a great price on Priceline at $55. My husband & I were in town for a death in the family. The hotel is old and the lobby could use some new furniture and the ancient TV in our room needs to be replaced with a flat screen along with some remodeling. However, you can't beat the Happy Hour in the Lounge with inexpensive drinks and free chips and salsa (you get a coupon when you check in!) The room was a lot smaller than I expected. When we checked in -- I asked if we could get a reduced rate for at least 7 rooms for the following weekend for the funeral. The clerk left and came back and said we needed to book 10+ rooms. That is so sad -- I would think you would want to fill up rooms no matter what -- we all ended going down the street to the Best Western Chieftan Inn for a GREAT deal which included breakfast.

Room Tip: Book a room on the north side if you need an elevator.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2014

The hotel room is clean and tidy. Came in a Group Tour and yet the breakfast served was great with lots of food displayed at counter for everyone! Would likely recommend to anyone visiting Watnachee!!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Red Lion Hotels

oxnard
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2013

Wenatchee is the Apple Capital of the World...so...when you come here to have the delicious red apples, be sure tol stay at the Red Lion!!! They will make you feel right at home! Very nice rooms, great location, and yummy breakfast! Everyone that works here has a smile on their face and are ready to do whatever it takes to make your stay the best! Kelly, at the Front Desk, went above and beyond to make our stay the BEST!!!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2013

We booked this hotel on name ur price, so we got a real good deal. I was a little worried after reading the past reviews but was pleasantly surprised. The hotel and rooms were very clean and updated. Our room did smell a little stuffy but overall we enjoyed our stay. The receptionist was very nice and welcoming. We stayed on a Fri after visiting Leavenworth, easy to get to and from.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Hong Kong, null, Hong Kong
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 23, 2013

For the price I would say this hotel was comfortable, reasonable value but very basic. There Is something about the décor the furniture and the colour scheme which is incredibly forgettable. It felt like staying a night at my grandparents house where everything is a little bit old and passed its sell by date that you put up with it because your related and hey it's only one night stay anyway. The TV look like it belongs in the museum and I was fascinated by how big TVs used to be in terms of mass not screen size. I was surprised to find the microwave in one of the cupboards however I haven't seen that before in other hotels. In complete contrast however was the very strong Wi-Fi signal which I could still pick up even in the parking lot.

The Hotel seemed to be rather understaffed, there was only one young guy on reception when we arrived and he spent a few minutes answering a telephone call before you get to us. Other than the reception guy we only saw one waitress at breakfast the following day. It felt like something out of the Martian Chronicles this strangely empty and vacuous place.

The breakfast was very basic but at only six dollars I suppose we can't be too choosy. There were three trays containing scrambled egg and hash browns bacon and sausages (sausages were empty by the time we arrived) but there was plenty of juice and coffee and we found the empty table near the window to admire the morning view and the hillsides that's surround the town of Wenatchee. But I found I was forgetting the place even as I was still there.! Overall this place is okay for a very short stay but no longer than that.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple