“Better than ho-hum.”

Red Lion Hotel Wenatchee
Ranked #11 of 15 Hotels in Wenatchee
Reviewed May 17, 2013

Things I liked: the staff is friendly, the beds are comfy (the pillows are only okay), decent shower, good towels. CLEAN. It's convenient to the Riverfront Trail and restaurants, shopping, etc. The pool chairs are quality. Hot or cold breakfast is included. It's nice to have a fridge.

Things I didn't like: my view of a trailer park, busy train tracks, noisy conference rooms, the ancient fuzzy television. The location is not scenic. The location is nothing-special-strip mall-ish.

The Red Lion is the Red Lion and it's never going to dazzle me. The good outweighs the mediocre @ Wenatchee. I'd stay again.

• Stayed: May 2013
There are newer reviews for Red Lion Hotel Wenatchee

Reviewed May 7, 2013

We checked in on a Wednesday and stayed through Sunday. So let's start with the pros of the visit :)
First, the front desk staff was simply amazing. They were friendly, courteous, and quick to respond if we needed anything.
Breakfast: It was good. The breakfast is 6.95, that is a definite deal when you think what you have to pay when you go out to breakfast. My husband and I if we were to go to McDonald's would have to pay about $13.00 for meal and drinks.
Rooms: Were adequate, but I'm not picky. I go to my hotel room to sleep, not take in the atmosphere of the hotel. I mean we are on vacation, who spends their time in their room the whole time? It was clean and stocked.
Location: the location of this property is actually pretty central, you can get to anywhere you need to go via the main road that this is located on.
Cons: Bar not so great. On Friday they closed by 10pm and had to leave by 11pm. Really on a Friday night? Standard hours of x time to x time would be appreciated, we'd at least know what to expect. The previous year we were there until 1am playing pool, drinking and having a good time with our friends that we only get to see when we come into town. Nope, had to pack that in early... disappointed for sure.

Room Tip: Ask for a room up front and on the second floor, it makes loading and unloading easier.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Simone W
Reviewed April 16, 2013

This was our second stay at this hotel. The hotel itself is good. Rooms are spacious and have balconies. The bathroom is a good size, with a vanity inside and outside. Breakfast was included in our stay. It was ok; eggs, bacon, sausage, potatoes, cereal and muffins. If it wasn't included in my stay I wouldn't have eaten at the hotel. The pool area is nice. The hotel is located around tons of food places and a Safeway/Starbucks is very close.

My issues were with the staff and decisions they made with a pool closure and also a late night phone call to my room from the front desk. They were asking if we were up making noise (which we were not) and after I told them we were in bed she was still accusatory about it.

Other than that, the hotel is a good place to stay.

Room Tip: Don't get a room at the back end of the hotel because a train goes by there.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 14, 2013

Stayed here a Friday and Saturday nights, for a large baseball tournament that filled all the rooms in the city. Nice hotel, convenient location, helpful staff, clean, huge double queen rooms, great heated outdoor pool and hot tub, lots of hot water in the shower. The only real negative was the hallway noise. Some kids running up and down the halls and shouting, but given that the hotel was completely packed with baseball kids, I expected this, and it was quiet by 11pm (stayed on the 3rd/top floor). Heat/fan worked great and I was able to leave it on all night for white noise. Had a connecting door but never heard the family on the other side. TV was old but who cares? My room rate did not include the hot buffet breakfast but could be added for $5.99 (10 & under eat free) and well worth the price. Will stay here again if we return to Wenatchee.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 8, 2013

This was your standard Red Lion Hotel. It was conveniently located on one of the main roads through Wenatchee. Our room was located right off the main lobby, but was very quiet. Room was good size and very clean.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 27, 2013

I was very impressed with the quality of the Red Lion Hotel in Wenatchee, WA. This was my first trip to Wenatchee that I can remember; the last time I was there, I was just a teen. The hotel is quite pleasant, the main entrance is warm, inviting and is decorated in such a way you feel like you're walking into a very expensive hotel. The staff was very friendly, polite and happy to assist. The carpets, walls and decorations were in excellent condition.

The room was exceptionally spacious, clean and exceeded my expectations. The bed was comfortable, which is unfortunately pretty rare in the hotel world these days. The pillows were sufficient and the bath towels were soft and absorbent. It's refreshing to take a shower and dry off with a towel that doesn't feel like it was bleached and dried in the sun.

What I appreciated most about this trip was the room was complimentary. The Red Lion Hotel - Wenatchee is a proud supporter of the Miss America Scholarship Organization and was gracious in providing the local pageant judges (Miss East Cascades) with a room. I traveled over 300 miles first thing Saturday morning so that I could arrive by 10:30 am. I was checked into my room in under 10 minutes and my room was available for me to relax and change clothes - even though I was almost 5 hours early for check-in. The other 4 judges arrived the night before, and from what they shared, their experience of the Red Lion staff was equally as pleasant.

The interview portion of my judging was completed by 2:30 pm and I was able to lay down and take a quick nap before heading out for the rest of the pageant production. I checked out the next morning by 8:30 and was on my way back home again. Having some place to rest and get a decent night's sleep was very important to me, and Red Lion's willingness to support the judges for the pageant was greatly appreciated.

I would definitely recommend staying at the Red Lion Hotel in Wenatchee if you're there for business, pleasure, or just stopping through. The room was spacious, clean, odor-free, and had a huge window that overlooked the pool area, and yet the drapes could be closed to block out daylight completely. I'm confident you'll be treated well.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 25, 2013

I wish I had employee names to attach to this review, but I did not note them. I am a frequent Red Lion customer (platinum member) so I have many experiences for comparison. I recently stayed at this Red Lion for one night after my spouse and I spent a fantastic day skiing Mission Ridge. We were tired and there was a long line at check-in but the staff were friendly, courteous and efficient. Sometimes platinum members get a free appetizer in the hotel lounges so I asked about this once it was our turn to check in. I was told I just had to show the wait staff my member card (which of course I didn't bring). She said, "no problem" and that I should just come by the front desk before going to the lounge and she would call to say I was coming. We didn't end up doing this, but it was still very nice of her to offer. Once we got to the room, we realized we both thought the other person was bringing the toothpaste, so we went to the front desk to request toothpaste. They said the truck that delievers the bottled water and other supplies did not come so they were out of toothpaste. However, 5 minutes after returning to the room, there was a knock at our door and the front desk attendant was there with a box of toothpaste, she managed to find. Later that night when I woke with a terrible migraine, the hotel staff helped us locate pain reliever extremely quickly and it saved me hours of headache torture. The staff during a very busy breakfast were both extremely pleasant and they kept the buffet well stocked. The room was clean, comfortable and quiet but what made our stay was the service. I grew up in the area and I felt particularly proud of the friendly, guest-oriented staff. Go Red Lion Wenatchee!!!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple