“Wenatchee Red Lion”

Ranked #12 of 16 Hotels in Wenatchee
Omak, Washington
“Wenatchee Red Lion”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2012

My wife and I stayed here to attend a party. We actually elected to stay here because it was the only room left in town. We were pleasantly surprised as the room was very large and the staff, both morning and night, were extremely polite. We will stay here again

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2012

We travel with our golden retriever and we found this hotel through www.hotels.petswelcome.com where we booked on-line. The on-line site advised that we should call the hotel prior to arrival to let them know we had a dog with us. We tried calling but the hotel has an automated answering system which is not OnStar friendly (OnStar, are you listening!!??) so we sent an e-mail to advise that we had a dog. If using a cell phone, you can get through the automated system. On arrival, we found out the hotel did not receive the e-mail but the front desk staff (esp.Lyn) was very helpful, regardless. We had a nice, clean, large room on the ground floor at the back of the hotel. There are grassy areas for pets around the parking lot (take your poo-bags!!). Note: there is a railroad track just behind the hotel. There are no train whistles, just the rumbling, so keep the fan running at night. There is a surcharge for pets - we never expect "free" although the hotel discounts the fee if you are a loyalty club member. On that note, if you are travelling with your pet, please keep your pet with you and do not leave it in the room by itself. The best pet in the world can become upset and whine or howl if left alone which is very disturbing to other guests - one of the biggest beefs that hotels have with allowing pets.
In the am, Lyn was able to recommend a good bookstore which turned out to have a great coffee shop as well. Thanks to the Red Lion, we had a nice overnight stay.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Washington
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2012

The beds in the rooms are really nice.. I like the selection of pillows that happened to be available..I don't know if this is common.
CONS: Housekeeping knocking on our door at 8:45 in the morning.. We didn't even get in until after 10PM.. This really irked me as we were sound asleep and I was having Surgery that day.
The other thing is WHY in heaven's sake do they close the Cafe down at 9AM ???? No coffee maker visible in the room either!!! My poor hubby!!!
The room could use some TLC.. hide extension cords..don't put stained sheets on where the stain is visible.. I work at a resort and these are just a few ittle things that would help..

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
RL_Customer_Care, Corporate Customer Care Department at Red Lion Hotel Wenatchee, responded to this review, November 11, 2012
Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to write a review. I want to apologize that your latest visit was a disappointment in comparison to your first. I am happy to hear you appreciate our beds and pillows and we hope that all of our guests get a good night’s sleep. I have talked to the housekeeping team and asked them to be more cautious during the early hours, I apologize that you were disturbed especially on your day of surgery. I do apologize if our front desk agents did not recap the breakfast buffet hours for you at check in as well. Thank you again for your comments, we appreciate your business, but mostly the relationships we build with our repeat guests.
Burlington, WA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2012

My husband and I decided to "Get Out of Dodge" in our Dodge and headed to Wenatchee to the Red Lion Inn. We had stayed there before, but it had been years ago. We took our dog, a Mini Schnauzer, with us. Because we belong to Red Lion's R&R Club, our dog, Missy, got to stay for $1 a day -- a whole lot cheaper than having her stay at a kennel!! Our room was so nice and comfy. Breakfast was wonderful both days! I think my favorite part of the room?? You're not going to believe this -- the shower head!! It was about 4 or 5 inches in diameter, and the water was soft to the touch -- neither one of us wanted to get out!! Very, very nice.

We did have one minor glitch in the bathroom. On our 2nd day, when we got back to our room after going to Lake Chelan, the sink drain plug was stuck. A call to the desk, 2-3 minutes later the maintenance man arrived and the problem was instantly taken care of!! Very impressive!!

We'll be back, but at this time, we just don't know when. My husband's cancer has returned after getting rid of it with chemo, radiation and a massive surgery. He is now Stage 4 and listed as "chronic" and his only recourse is chemo every two weeks, until further notice. He's had 2 treatments and so far, so good. Hopefully we'll be able to get back over there before the snow comes. We just don't know yet. Highly recommend the Red Lion Hotel Wenatchee!! You will love it!!

Room Tip: I think you'd be good with any room there. Ours was room 248 and we had a view of the pool and...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Redmond, Washington, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2012

My father and I quite enjoyed our stay at the Red Lion Hotel in Wenatchee. We had come into town to enjoy the nearby festivities and tourist locales, namely the Oktoberfest (Leavenworth) and Liberty Orchards (Cashmere). The hotel has a nice look and feel to it, and I felt right at home with the room and breakfast.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Puyallup, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2012

My stay at the Red Lion in Wenatchee was great. My room was immaculate, the staff was friendly and helpful. The food was delicious and the portions were generous. The conference meeting room was spacious and well ventilated. Considering the fires that were going on in the Wenatchee area at the time, the rooms were not smokey. The catering service was great, coffee was excellent and there was plenty of it!

Room Tip: I chose a room with two beds overlooking the pool area on the third floor. It is a perfect location...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
SPOKANE
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2012

Enjoyed my weekend stay here. The room was clean, the coplimentary breakfast was very good and the dining area was clean and spacious. However, the best asset of the Red Lion in Wenatchee is its staff. They are very friendly, accommodating and eager to please.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends