“Home Away From Home!”

Ranked #12 of 16 Hotels in Wenatchee
Burlington, WA
“Home Away From Home!”
Reviewed October 11, 2012

My husband and I decided to "Get Out of Dodge" in our Dodge and headed to Wenatchee to the Red Lion Inn. We had stayed there before, but it had been years ago. We took our dog, a Mini Schnauzer, with us. Because we belong to Red Lion's R&R Club, our dog, Missy, got to stay for $1 a day -- a whole lot cheaper than having her stay at a kennel!! Our room was so nice and comfy. Breakfast was wonderful both days! I think my favorite part of the room?? You're not going to believe this -- the shower head!! It was about 4 or 5 inches in diameter, and the water was soft to the touch -- neither one of us wanted to get out!! Very, very nice.

We did have one minor glitch in the bathroom. On our 2nd day, when we got back to our room after going to Lake Chelan, the sink drain plug was stuck. A call to the desk, 2-3 minutes later the maintenance man arrived and the problem was instantly taken care of!! Very impressive!!

We'll be back, but at this time, we just don't know when. My husband's cancer has returned after getting rid of it with chemo, radiation and a massive surgery. He is now Stage 4 and listed as "chronic" and his only recourse is chemo every two weeks, until further notice. He's had 2 treatments and so far, so good. Hopefully we'll be able to get back over there before the snow comes. We just don't know yet. Highly recommend the Red Lion Hotel Wenatchee!! You will love it!!

Room Tip: I think you'd be good with any room there. Ours was room 248 and we had a view of the pool and...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Redmond, Washington, United States
Reviewed October 8, 2012

My father and I quite enjoyed our stay at the Red Lion Hotel in Wenatchee. We had come into town to enjoy the nearby festivities and tourist locales, namely the Oktoberfest (Leavenworth) and Liberty Orchards (Cashmere). The hotel has a nice look and feel to it, and I felt right at home with the room and breakfast.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Puyallup, Washington
Reviewed October 4, 2012

My stay at the Red Lion in Wenatchee was great. My room was immaculate, the staff was friendly and helpful. The food was delicious and the portions were generous. The conference meeting room was spacious and well ventilated. Considering the fires that were going on in the Wenatchee area at the time, the rooms were not smokey. The catering service was great, coffee was excellent and there was plenty of it!

Room Tip: I chose a room with two beds overlooking the pool area on the third floor. It is a perfect location...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
SPOKANE
Reviewed October 3, 2012

Enjoyed my weekend stay here. The room was clean, the coplimentary breakfast was very good and the dining area was clean and spacious. However, the best asset of the Red Lion in Wenatchee is its staff. They are very friendly, accommodating and eager to please.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Spokane, Washington
Reviewed October 3, 2012

coordinated 14 golfers for a three day golf tournament in Wenatchee - the staff was fantastic - everything was ready for all of us when we arrived - they made my job easy - they were proactive with the wildfires in the area with masks in the lobby if a guest needed one and fans in the hallway - that's extra effort! Great communication during the planning stages

Room Tip: near the pool entrances
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Vancouver, Washington
Reviewed October 3, 2012

I recently stayed one night at this hotel. My stay happened to coincide with a nearby forest fire and the town lingered with smoke. The hotel provided free hospital masks and had fans running. However, when I stepped into my room, it was like all of that disappeared. No signs of smoke, the room was quiet, I had a small patio (which I would have used in a nicer situation) and the room was clean. I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Coldstream BC
Reviewed September 7, 2012

Really enjoyed our stay. The staff is efficient, accommodating, polite and helpful. The rooms are clean and the hot buffet breakfast is perfect. The pool area was nice and clean with lots of lounge chairs for the guests. We will definitely be back to this hotel

Room Tip: There are rooms with a pool view.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends