“Great place to stay!”

Red Lion Hotel Wenatchee
Ranked #12 of 15 Hotels in Wenatchee
Reviewed May 18, 2012 via mobile

Got here after a long day of driving, LOVE the warm pool, the amazing hot tub, nice room. Would definitely stay here again! The only issue we had was with mapquest directions! :)

• Stayed: May 2012

Reviewed May 15, 2012

Nice size room, very clean and super quiet, except for the trains, which were kind of cool to watch. Love the roomy shower, no tub. YES! We were cycling on a weekend trip and enjoyed the hot tub and pool after. Staff very accomodating when we asked for a ground floor room. We really appreciated the staff when they accomodated our needs by letting us leave the car and freshen up after our Sunday ride. Would definitely stay here again. Food was perfect.

Room Tip: If you really don't like trains then ask for a room away from the tracks. We didn't care an...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 8, 2012

From check in to check out, the staff was pleasant, professional yet personable, and knowledgeable.

I was pleasantly surprised when I first walked into my room to see how BIG it was. I had a standard 2 queen room and it was enormous! It felt good to be in a hotel room that I could actually walk around in without stubbing a toe, running into an armoire, or maneuvering around a night stand. Space is very important to me when I am travelling because it keeps me comfortable and feel at home. I had a spacious balconey that overlooked the pool. It was very nice.

My room was very clean and the towels were so fresh! I especially enjoyed the Eco-Friendly bath products, they smelled great and the soap left my skin so soft. Never heard of that brand of toilettries, but it felt nice that the environment and I could both enjoy them!

I also had the pleasure of joining in at breakfast. Yummy, yummy, yummy. Everything down to the salsa was amazing. I was really impressed by the service as well. Mt boyfriend always says that the potatoes can make or break a breakfast buffet, and their potatoes set the standard for yumminess!

I will definitely be back at Red lion!

Room Tip: Go Poolside!
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 29, 2012

My room was a fair size and very clean. Workout room had lots of cardio machines to pick from, but could use some lifting machines as well. Excellent location in the heart of downtown and easily accessible to everything. This was not my first time staying here and it was just as I remembered. I stayed here on a business trip but I would love to bring the family sometime and experience all it has to offer. I'd highly recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a nice place to stay in Wenatchee!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed April 27, 2012

My weekend started off with a 20% off "spring special" at the Red Lion. My room was lovely and immaculate, and in the evening I enjoyed using the hot tub. The next morning I had a delicious breakfast from the varied menu of the Red Lion buffet. The next morning was the same, assisted by the Red Lion's wonderful host and hostess - they were kind and cheerful and made me feel at home. I highly recommend the Red Lion if you are taking a trip to Wenatchee.

Room Tip: I think all the rooms must be quiet, because they do not face the street. Mine was very quiet, even...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed April 26, 2012 via mobile

Rooms were great, food was good and the servers were friendly, but service for the hotel conference room I was using for the day seemed inexperienced and it took them awhile to respond to a couple things. Which makes sense because I heard one of the employees saying there had been a lot of turn-over lately.

• Stayed: April 2012
Reviewed April 21, 2012

Me: Loyal Red Lion customer.

Pros: Clean, spacious room. Older facility that has been well maintained. Place had very low guests/vacancy the nights I stayed so privacy was nice. Free wireless Internet. Felt safe and secure, good basic amenities, etc. Front desk person at check in was very friendly. TV should be upgraded but it was no big deal.

Cons: 1) Has nice decks but the views .... of the trailer park, parking lot, the rail road tracks, and the neighboring building. Perhaps "back in the day" it had sweeping views of the cliffs and river/lake (which you can still see but now there are the annoyances listed above). 2) Morning service at the restaurant --- terrible. Was it all the waitresses first day? Did the Chef quit midway through his shift? Food was excellent (after about a 25 minute wait) but the restaurant was about 1/3 full, with five waitresses/staff (ample amount of staff to serve everyone). One waitress I overhead saying to another frustrated customer "...oh, we're just so slammed" and after looking up, seeing the empty seats, counting the # of waitresses, I was still a bit confused. Rarely did they refill coffee or water after repeated requests. After asking for my check two times at the end, I finally got up and went to the counter where another waitress/staff person rang me up.

Overall, a solid Average. I liked the price I paid through a popular online travel service operated by William Shatner and if I'm in the area again would have no regrets staying here another time. If I were to stay here again, I wouldn't pay the rates quoted by the hotel.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business