“Comfy stay and awesome staff!!!”

Red Lion Hotel Wenatchee
Ranked #12 of 15 Hotels in Wenatchee
Reviewed August 7, 2011

I totally enjoyed my stay at the Red Lion - Wenatchee. From the comfy bed, to the excellent food in the City Side Cafe, and the wonderful staff that ALWAYS welcomed you - coming and/or going and were helpful in answering your questions..... The room was spacious and very clean. Great location to get anywhere quickly and will recommend to all that might come out this way!!!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled solo

Reviewed August 7, 2011

I did a little research before I went, and discovered that the "discount" rooms are on the outside perimeter of the building, while the "premium" rooms are on the inside, facing the pool/courtyard.

I got a room on the top (3rd) floor. It was extra big, with 2 queen beds. It had a large, kind of walk-in closet, and a big bathroom, and adjoining basin area, both done in granite top. The shower was great!---extra, extra water pressure! Lots of room to put toiletries, etc.

There was a tube TV in the room, and a TV guide paper, with an enameled card list of available channels that didn't synch-up to what channels were really available. I had the sliding glass doors open most of the time (top floor) and still felt private, with the privacy-balcony (walls on the sides). The sun shone in, and there were "shears" that I could draw in the evening.

The lounge had a happy hour meal menu that was great. A full-size home-cooked cheeseburger for $1.98, and a ceasar salad with chicken breast for $5.99! Both were yummy and tender!

My 3 day stay was relaxing, and quiet. The staff was helpful. Parking was a breeze, but I did get lost in the hallways a couple of times----it's a big hotel. Microwave, wi-fi, and fridge in room (the fridge actually got really cold, yeah!), wi-fi good. Beds OK, could be better. Large desk for computer. Overall, a large, relaxing "roomy" feel to the big, sunny room.

Room Tip: Ask for "premium" rooms on the inside perimeter, facing the pool.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed August 6, 2011

Room was updated and modern. Really liked the small patio, as did our dog. Front desk staff was friendly and helpful. Grounds very well kept up and attractive. Like the location within downtown. Easy to get in and out of, close to parks and the river. Really appreciated being able to bring our pet with us. When we checked out, she even got a dog biscuit at the front desk. We will definitely be back!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 5, 2011

My husband and I attended his 30th Class Reunion at the Red Lion Inn, in Wenatchee. We did not stay at the hotel for lodging. We attended the formal dinner in a banquet room. When we entered the hotel, the front desk lady was friendly and quick to direct us to the appropriate banquet room. At the reunion, we had "heavy appetizers". I am pretty sure my husband and I tried them all ! The appetizers were all very good. The waiters cleaned our plates efficiently and with a smile. We had a very nice time.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 27, 2011

I stayed here to get out of town. I arrived in my room and went to use the bathroom and flushed it and out came this shreiking high pitched scream came from the toilet and it just ran and ran. I tried to fix it myself. I called the front desk once in the morning on Sat., they fixed the shreiking noise but it kept on running and leaking. i called again they sent someone to jiggle the handle but not fix the problem. On Sunday morning it ran all morning and I called again. They said their maintenance person was somewhere else and wouldn't be back till later. They offered to move to another room but I was checking out as soon as I could pack. I couldn't stand the nosie of the toilet constantly filling and couldn't wait to check out. The front desk girls said "I'm sorry for the inconvenince." I said, "me too." I wouldn't stay here again, I would rather go to the comfort inn down the road.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed July 23, 2011

Stayed here on a business trip. Reception staff very friendly and knowledgeable about area, and places to eat. Grizzly bar has a good dinner menu if you don't want to go out and eat. Breakfast average. Rooms a little dated but clean and comfortable. Room has a small fridge, microwave and coffee maker. Has a nice pool area and free Wi-Fi. There is a hotel shuttle bus, but is not always available for trips to and from airport.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed July 10, 2011

We have stayed at this Red Lion for two weekends over the past month for my son's baseball tournaments. The main reason we stayed here was for the outdoor pool area. The hotel has a good size pool and plenty of lounge chairs. Our room was on the first floor facing the pool. It was convenient to be able to sit on our patio and watch our kids swim in the pool. It would be nice to have a access point from the patio to the sidewalk instead of having to jump over the railing. The hotel serves an average hot breakfast. Be sure to get there early enough or you might not get food. The rooms are in need of some major updating. Beds were not as comfortable as other hotel chains we have stayed at. For the price, the hotel met our basic needs I would say.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family