“My husband's 30th Class Reunion”

Red Lion Hotel Wenatchee
Ranked #12 of 16 Hotels in Wenatchee
East Wenatchee, Washington
“My husband's 30th Class Reunion”
Reviewed August 5, 2011

My husband and I attended his 30th Class Reunion at the Red Lion Inn, in Wenatchee. We did not stay at the hotel for lodging. We attended the formal dinner in a banquet room. When we entered the hotel, the front desk lady was friendly and quick to direct us to the appropriate banquet room. At the reunion, we had "heavy appetizers". I am pretty sure my husband and I tried them all ! The appetizers were all very good. The waiters cleaned our plates efficiently and with a smile. We had a very nice time.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed July 27, 2011

I stayed here to get out of town. I arrived in my room and went to use the bathroom and flushed it and out came this shreiking high pitched scream came from the toilet and it just ran and ran. I tried to fix it myself. I called the front desk once in the morning on Sat., they fixed the shreiking noise but it kept on running and leaking. i called again they sent someone to jiggle the handle but not fix the problem. On Sunday morning it ran all morning and I called again. They said their maintenance person was somewhere else and wouldn't be back till later. They offered to move to another room but I was checking out as soon as I could pack. I couldn't stand the nosie of the toilet constantly filling and couldn't wait to check out. The front desk girls said "I'm sorry for the inconvenince." I said, "me too." I wouldn't stay here again, I would rather go to the comfort inn down the road.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo

Travelers are raving about these Wenatchee hotels

Tasmania, Australia
Reviewed July 23, 2011

Stayed here on a business trip. Reception staff very friendly and knowledgeable about area, and places to eat. Grizzly bar has a good dinner menu if you don't want to go out and eat. Breakfast average. Rooms a little dated but clean and comfortable. Room has a small fridge, microwave and coffee maker. Has a nice pool area and free Wi-Fi. There is a hotel shuttle bus, but is not always available for trips to and from airport.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed July 10, 2011

We have stayed at this Red Lion for two weekends over the past month for my son's baseball tournaments. The main reason we stayed here was for the outdoor pool area. The hotel has a good size pool and plenty of lounge chairs. Our room was on the first floor facing the pool. It was convenient to be able to sit on our patio and watch our kids swim in the pool. It would be nice to have a access point from the patio to the sidewalk instead of having to jump over the railing. The hotel serves an average hot breakfast. Be sure to get there early enough or you might not get food. The rooms are in need of some major updating. Beds were not as comfortable as other hotel chains we have stayed at. For the price, the hotel met our basic needs I would say.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Tacoma, WA
Reviewed July 8, 2011

I stayed here on my last trip to Wenatchee in April 2005, and the review I wrote then is just as valid now. Clearly, they've got a good maintenance program, as everything seems to be looking and functioning just as it was six years ago. It's a 3-star hotel, and provides everything you'd expect from that level. Free wi-fi, no free breakfast, free parking. Trains outside are noticable but I was able to easily sleep through them. I said in 2005 that I wouldn't hesitate to return on my next trip. I did, and I will again.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled solo
seattle
Reviewed May 30, 2011

Stayed here several years ago and found the property clean and quiet. This trip revealed a number of problems:

the bathroom door would not shut; shower nozzle required replacement; shower control on the tub nozzle was broken; bathroom sink was partially clogged

the cheap breakfast buffet featured inedible food and luke-warm coffee

exercise gear in the fitness room was not well-maintained

Would recommend trying the Coast Hotel down Wenatchee Ave; similar pricing and the property looked better

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank dhodun
Spokane, Washington
Reviewed March 28, 2011

My family no longer lives in Wenatchee, however, that is where the family cemetery is located. Therefore, we needed a place to hold a family celebration for my father. The staff was great in helping us with a block of rooms located together and connecting for families with small children. The banquet food was amazing. The General Manager woke up on Saturday and noticed it was raining out. She called the banquet staff and asked them to come in an hour early, expecting the service at the cemetery would be cut short due to weather. And she was right. What great thoughtfulness and action. The banquet facilities were great with large windows and natural light. And the breakfast buffett was very good - with hot food and continental fare. I would stay here again and definitely use the banquet and catering facilities again.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
CarlFletcher, Guest Relations Manager at Red Lion Hotel Wenatchee, responded to this review, May 11, 2011
This kind of review makes us all so happy. I cannot say how glad we were to have you here and host your event. We will continue to deliver the same level of service each and every time you return. Thank you for your kind words and we look forward to seeing you here again and again!

Carl Fletcher