“Nothing's changed since 2005, and that's OK”

Red Lion Hotel Wenatchee
Ranked #11 of 15 Hotels in Wenatchee
Reviewed July 8, 2011

I stayed here on my last trip to Wenatchee in April 2005, and the review I wrote then is just as valid now. Clearly, they've got a good maintenance program, as everything seems to be looking and functioning just as it was six years ago. It's a 3-star hotel, and provides everything you'd expect from that level. Free wi-fi, no free breakfast, free parking. Trains outside are noticable but I was able to easily sleep through them. I said in 2005 that I wouldn't hesitate to return on my next trip. I did, and I will again.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled solo
There are newer reviews for Red Lion Hotel Wenatchee

Reviewed May 30, 2011

Stayed here several years ago and found the property clean and quiet. This trip revealed a number of problems:

the bathroom door would not shut; shower nozzle required replacement; shower control on the tub nozzle was broken; bathroom sink was partially clogged

the cheap breakfast buffet featured inedible food and luke-warm coffee

exercise gear in the fitness room was not well-maintained

Would recommend trying the Coast Hotel down Wenatchee Ave; similar pricing and the property looked better

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank dhodun
Reviewed March 28, 2011

My family no longer lives in Wenatchee, however, that is where the family cemetery is located. Therefore, we needed a place to hold a family celebration for my father. The staff was great in helping us with a block of rooms located together and connecting for families with small children. The banquet food was amazing. The General Manager woke up on Saturday and noticed it was raining out. She called the banquet staff and asked them to come in an hour early, expecting the service at the cemetery would be cut short due to weather. And she was right. What great thoughtfulness and action. The banquet facilities were great with large windows and natural light. And the breakfast buffett was very good - with hot food and continental fare. I would stay here again and definitely use the banquet and catering facilities again.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
CarlFletcher, Guest Relations Manager at Red Lion Hotel Wenatchee, responded to this reviewResponded May 11, 2011

This kind of review makes us all so happy. I cannot say how glad we were to have you here and host your event. We will continue to deliver the same level of service each and every time you return. Thank you for your kind words and we look forward to seeing you here again and again!

Reviewed March 28, 2011

Good Stuff: The room was large, clean and quiet. We loved the split bathroom setup. The beds were ultra comfy and we had a great night's sleep. The front desk staff were all very friendly and professional and quick! The breakfast buffet (at $4.95) was a super deal! Very tasty and the staff in the dining area were very helpful.
Suggested Improvements: More washcloths needed for the bath and the door to our room did not close completely by itself - we had to make sure & pull it shut. At one point, the wi-fi stopped working for a period of time.
Overall, it was a great stay and I would not hesitate to book a room here in the future.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business

Oh thank you so much for leaving this review for us. We love to see that our efforts of service, cleanliness and a helpful staff are all being received by our guests. We invite you back anytime you are in our area and we will extend the same service you have come to expect from us at Red Lion Hotels. Thank you!!

Reviewed February 23, 2011

I was really quite disappointed with the Red Lion Wenatchee. The hotel may have certainly been considered 3-Star at some point, but not anymore. We booked the hotel on Priceline.com for $70/night which I didn’t think was a great deal to begin with, but the hotel looked decent on the website, and we needed a hotel in Wenatchee for just one night while doing a weekend Red Wine and Chocolate tour. I don’t consider myself very picky when it comes to hotels, but this Red Lion was just unacceptable. I’ll start with the (few) good things:

Positives:
o Our room had a balcony which was nice and we were able to get some fresh air.
o The toiletries are from Bath and Body Works which is a nice change from other mediocre brands at most hotels
o We were able to check out an extra hour later without a fee
o The location was fairly central to other restaurants and stores. Having an Albertsons across the street was convenient.

And now the Negatives:
o Walls are very thin and you can hear everything going on in the hall and next door. We were lucky enough to be staying there during some kind of sports tournament, so there were throngs of tween-age boys running around with their shirts off. The parents had no problem with letting their kids run up and down the hallways, apparently for exercise.
o The room (and the rest of the property) was very outdated. The carpet had spots and stains, most of the furniture was scratched, nicked, and even had some chunks missing. The TV and alarm clock were extremely outdated….I’m talking possibly the late 90’s here! The doors and big handles just made me laugh. It does look like the bathroom was renovated recently, however…..
o The bathroom (and rest of the room) was extremely dirty! The first thing my boyfriend did when we got into the room was throw the grungy comforter on the floor. Who knows when that thing was cleaned last! It looks like coffee or some other brown liquid splashed on the bathroom floor, and was wiped off the floor, but not off the side of the tub or the door jamb. There were also some nice reddish brown particles floating in the toilet up our arrival. Also as an arrival gift, a trash that had not been emptied! There was a used coffee filter and cup in the trash, either from the person who occupied the room before us, or from the maid who took a coffee break while (not) cleaning the room.
o And my favorite part……as I turned on the water in the tub to start a shower, the water came out a lovely brown color for the first minute. Just delightful.

Overall, I was not satisfied with my stay at the Red Lion and I would recommend future travelers to stay elsewhere. As we were driving around town, we saw a Holiday Inn, Marriott Spring Suites, and a Comfort Suites that looked more up to date and to be much better options for a hotel stay in Wenatchee.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
CarlFletcher, Guest Relations Manager at Red Lion Hotel Wenatchee, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2011

First off I would like to say thank you for leaving us this feedback and highlighting the good & the bad you had while staying with us. I also want to extend my apologies for the lack of service you pointed out here in this review and will be noting this for future guest to be sure they do not share this experience. This is an unacceptable stay to my vantage point and I only hope that you will allow us either at this or another Red Lion to show you the level of service I know we can provide. We thank you very much for this feedback and will ensure that these changes are implemented.

Reviewed December 24, 2010

Friendly service but the hotel is old and needs updating. Pool was not open as it was outdoor. La Quinta has a pool.

Noisy, could hear the other rooms upstairs.

No breakfast, Laquinta is a better deal.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family

I want to say thank you for leaving us this feedback. We are looking very closely at the upgrades needed to be made based on your and others reviews of our hotel and want to thank you for you input on this as it helps guide us as to what matters most to our valued guests. All feedback is good feedback and helps us grow.

Reviewed December 7, 2010

Lovely room, wonderful night's sleep. We were planning on having breakfast there but slept a bit too late.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple

I am so glad that you had a nice relaxing stay with us and that you received the gracious service for us that I know we are capable of providing! Thank you so much for leaving us feedback.