“Dependable Comfort & Class”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Waterville
Waterville Historic Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Waterville
Salem, Oregon
“Dependable Comfort & Class”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2010

I stay here fairly frequently, and it is such a welcome respite to have a comfortable oasis to depend on. Dave and Amy are always pleasant and accommodating, and they really are experts in running a great business in a small town: they know the great places to eat & visit, and they are full of tips for travelers.

The hotel is a remodeled historic building in a superb setting. As you can see from the reviews, Waterville is a great stop on a long highway and just right for the weary traveler who might want something special. No, it's not the fanciest hotel you'll ever stay at, but it is extremely clean, well-appointed with historical artifacts, and with friendly service.

Highly recommended!!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank NWRoadie60

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Bellingham, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2010

Quite simply, one of the most enjoyable stays I have ever experienced! From the courtesy extended by the hosts to the tasteful appointments in every room, truly a hidden gem in Eastern Washington.

If you want to experience a slowed down pace in the midst of your hectic travels, this is it.
Wonderful rooms with a great brass bed and a clawfoot bathtub and vintage conch shell decorative lamp in the bathroom. Thankfully, no TV in the room but there is one in the downstairs lounge for you media junkies.

Very reasonable prices for a night's stay has put the Waterville Historic Hotel on my mandatory lodging stop when traveling across the state.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2010

Me and my wife are very thankful for this little old Hotel! We were traveling west and couldn't find any rooms in Leavenworth, Wenatchee, or anywhere else in between due to Octoberfest. It was about 11 o'clock on Saturday night when we drove thru the little town and saw the words hotel with the vacancy sign lit up. It being late, and we being tired was very happy to find a bed for the night. When I walked in I found Dave at the front desk happy to help. He showed me the room options for the night before I made my decision (something all hotels should do) then he made my night when he told me how much it was! It felt like we had made it 'home' after traveling all day. He went out of his way to be a friend. My wife was sleeping in the car while I checked in and he wanted to know her name and made sure we had dinner before we went to sleep. You wouldn't know you shared a bathroom with the other guests because they kept everything so clean. We're excited to come back for another night......or two!

• Stayed October 2010
2 Thank rodycodes
Pacific Northwest
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2009

I travel to Waterville on a regular basis, and what the town and hotel offer is becoming increasingly rare in rural America: a charming place to stay in a town that reminds a Baby Boomer like myself what small towns were once all about. A slower pace of life, friendly folks, good service, an emphasis on cleanliness, and an overall attitude of charm. If you close your eyes, you can almost imagine (like Christopher Reeves in Somewhere in Time) you've gone back in time, to another, simpler era.

The Hotel is a 1903-vintage hotel on historic Highway 2, which was the only east-west highway across the state before I-90. It stands on the edge of the town as you approach from the west, and it's easy to imagine travelers sighing with relief when the Welcome sign came into view. Most rooms are on the second floor, and most share a bath--although all rooms (as far as I know) have their own sinks. The hotel works so well because of its location, and its inkeepers Dave and Amy are continually working to make improvements, and to imsure that your stay is a pleasant one. Although there is no TV in the rooms, the Hotel does have wi-fi and, if you must, there is TV in the sitting room next to the lobby. Another perk is that there are always yogurts, juices, and muffins available, and great walks through the historic town are only as far as the front door. And the town itself is something of a rarity these days amongst small towns, it seems to have more businesses each year! There are at least four (and possibly five) places to get a latte or espresso in town, great lunch spots, and Badger Mountain's hikes are just five miles away. This is the perfect example of a lodging matching its surroundings. Like the advice given in the movie Holida Inn, "Just go!" You'll be glad you did....

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Salem, OR
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2009

The restored Waterville Historic Hotel has high aesthetic appeal to me -- lovely brick building, spacious porch w/ plenty of chairs, small but charming rooms. The prices are terrific too. The big surprise was how clean it was, not an easy feat for owners of an older hotel. Often fondly referred to as the Felix Unger of the household, I'm pretty picky about where I stay, especially in a shared bath situation, which is what we had at this hotel (a few rooms have their own bathrooms, but many share). It passed my "will my feet touch the carpet" test with flying colors, and somehow the bathroom appeared to have just been cleaned every time I used it. The owners, Dave & Amy, were also helpful w/ restaurant suggestions. Dinner at the Checkered Tablecloth was wonderful, as was lunch the next day at Coyote Pass. I was skeptical about staying here, esp. with a shared bath, but would go again with pleasure.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank beehappyNW
Florence, OR
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2009

This is a wonderfully restored 1903 hotel. The attention to detail by Dave in the restoration is evidenced at every turn.

Dave and Amy, the owners, are an excellent source of information about the hotel and the surrounding area - their generous sharing of time and stories on the front porch in the evening is well worth the trip.

They have gone out of their way to make us feel comfortable there and we had the feeling that they really care that we enjoyed it. They did a splendid job.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with friends
Eastern Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2009

Someone described the hitting the "travelers wall" midway through Washington State, and that is precisely why I chose the Waterville. Traveling alone I wasn't comfortable pressing on to the coast, and wanted a safe, clean, interesting place to spend the night. I was rewarded with a spotless room, interesting hosts, excellent morning coffee and fresh bakery goodies, and was treated well by proprietors Dave and Amy.
They have labored long and hard to make this place accessible, friendly, and restored in a way that is not cutesy, but clever. And...get this... it is happily free from ghosts! Trust me on this.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank Rezgirl

Been to Waterville Historic Hotel? Share your experiences!