“Cool old place in the middle of no where”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Waterville
Waterville Historic Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Waterville
Reviewed July 6, 2011

This is a great place to get away and drive around eastern washington. this hotel is 100 years old and Dave has rennovated it with lots of love and care. I would recommend coming here just to chill.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank travelsoloSeattle

Reviewed June 13, 2011

If you plan to visit the Waterville Historic Hotel, and we definitely recommend that you do, it is best to stay for more than a day. The peaceful ambience, the cleanliness and comfort of the fascinating decor, and the history of this beautiful stately old hotel will slowly seep into your soul until you are breathing a bit deeper. You will discover that life has slowed down enough for you to savor every precious moment.

We stayed in one of the larger rooms with a huge clawfoot bath en suite, which I found incredibly luxuriant and worth the extra money. I even got my 6'4" hubby to take a bath, as for once we had a tub big enough for his comfort. The shower down the hall worked well for our morning rinse-off and hair washing. I'm not usually much of a sleeper, but we both slept really well in the comfy queen-sized bed in the beautiful quiet room.

Waterville Historical Museum, right across the street from the hotel, is definitely worth a couple of hours or more of your time and is another good reason to stay for an extra night at the hotel since it doesn't open until 11:00 A.M. The town has lots of wonderful old buildings with an interesting history and is set on a high plateau with lovely rolling hills and wheat fields, but don't expect to find a lot of modern conveniences here.

In fact hours and days of services in Waterville are a bit unusual. Finding good places to eat was a struggle as we seemed to keep missing open days and hours of our few chosen restaurants. When we go back again, we will plan the timing of our area explorations of Orondo, Lake Chelan, and perhaps even Wenatchee, so that we can eat meals while we are out and about, if preferred restaurants in Waterville are not available. We will also take along with us a cooler of picnic goodies and wine so that we can enjoy a quiet picnic meal on the splendid front porch of the hotel, or across the street in the park, or somewhere out on the rolling hills. A bit of creativity is called for here. If the weather is bad, picnic meals can be eaten at the cozy dining table over a raucous game of Scrabble. You could also bring in a pizza as the town does have a pizza parlor, though we didn't try it.

We would agree that the owner, Dave, is a bit brusque in the people skills department, but his multiplicity of other skills are evident in the intricate remodeling and management of this graceful old hotel and the good he has done for the town of Waterville. He was also great about remembering names and details. Amy was very warm and pleasant and graciously made sure we had what we needed and even took time from her busy schedule our last morning to sit and chat with us over coffee as we ate our delicious breakfast pastries. Other than that we were left to our own devices which is just the way we like it.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 24, 2010

I stay here fairly frequently, and it is such a welcome respite to have a comfortable oasis to depend on. Dave and Amy are always pleasant and accommodating, and they really are experts in running a great business in a small town: they know the great places to eat & visit, and they are full of tips for travelers.

The hotel is a remodeled historic building in a superb setting. As you can see from the reviews, Waterville is a great stop on a long highway and just right for the weary traveler who might want something special. No, it's not the fanciest hotel you'll ever stay at, but it is extremely clean, well-appointed with historical artifacts, and with friendly service.

Highly recommended!!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank NWRoadie60
Reviewed October 13, 2010

Quite simply, one of the most enjoyable stays I have ever experienced! From the courtesy extended by the hosts to the tasteful appointments in every room, truly a hidden gem in Eastern Washington.

If you want to experience a slowed down pace in the midst of your hectic travels, this is it.
Wonderful rooms with a great brass bed and a clawfoot bathtub and vintage conch shell decorative lamp in the bathroom. Thankfully, no TV in the room but there is one in the downstairs lounge for you media junkies.

Very reasonable prices for a night's stay has put the Waterville Historic Hotel on my mandatory lodging stop when traveling across the state.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 3, 2010

Me and my wife are very thankful for this little old Hotel! We were traveling west and couldn't find any rooms in Leavenworth, Wenatchee, or anywhere else in between due to Octoberfest. It was about 11 o'clock on Saturday night when we drove thru the little town and saw the words hotel with the vacancy sign lit up. It being late, and we being tired was very happy to find a bed for the night. When I walked in I found Dave at the front desk happy to help. He showed me the room options for the night before I made my decision (something all hotels should do) then he made my night when he told me how much it was! It felt like we had made it 'home' after traveling all day. He went out of his way to be a friend. My wife was sleeping in the car while I checked in and he wanted to know her name and made sure we had dinner before we went to sleep. You wouldn't know you shared a bathroom with the other guests because they kept everything so clean. We're excited to come back for another night......or two!

• Stayed: October 2010
2  Thank rodycodes
Reviewed August 18, 2009

I travel to Waterville on a regular basis, and what the town and hotel offer is becoming increasingly rare in rural America: a charming place to stay in a town that reminds a Baby Boomer like myself what small towns were once all about. A slower pace of life, friendly folks, good service, an emphasis on cleanliness, and an overall attitude of charm. If you close your eyes, you can almost imagine (like Christopher Reeves in Somewhere in Time) you've gone back in time, to another, simpler era.

The Hotel is a 1903-vintage hotel on historic Highway 2, which was the only east-west highway across the state before I-90. It stands on the edge of the town as you approach from the west, and it's easy to imagine travelers sighing with relief when the Welcome sign came into view. Most rooms are on the second floor, and most share a bath--although all rooms (as far as I know) have their own sinks. The hotel works so well because of its location, and its inkeepers Dave and Amy are continually working to make improvements, and to imsure that your stay is a pleasant one. Although there is no TV in the rooms, the Hotel does have wi-fi and, if you must, there is TV in the sitting room next to the lobby. Another perk is that there are always yogurts, juices, and muffins available, and great walks through the historic town are only as far as the front door. And the town itself is something of a rarity these days amongst small towns, it seems to have more businesses each year! There are at least four (and possibly five) places to get a latte or espresso in town, great lunch spots, and Badger Mountain's hikes are just five miles away. This is the perfect example of a lodging matching its surroundings. Like the advice given in the movie Holida Inn, "Just go!" You'll be glad you did....

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 16, 2009

The restored Waterville Historic Hotel has high aesthetic appeal to me -- lovely brick building, spacious porch w/ plenty of chairs, small but charming rooms. The prices are terrific too. The big surprise was how clean it was, not an easy feat for owners of an older hotel. Often fondly referred to as the Felix Unger of the household, I'm pretty picky about where I stay, especially in a shared bath situation, which is what we had at this hotel (a few rooms have their own bathrooms, but many share). It passed my "will my feet touch the carpet" test with flying colors, and somehow the bathroom appeared to have just been cleaned every time I used it. The owners, Dave & Amy, were also helpful w/ restaurant suggestions. Dinner at the Checkered Tablecloth was wonderful, as was lunch the next day at Coyote Pass. I was skeptical about staying here, esp. with a shared bath, but would go again with pleasure.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank beehappyNW
Also consider these accommodations in or near Waterville
SpringHill Suites Wenatchee
Coast Wenatchee Center Hotel
Best Western Chieftain Inn
Best Western Chieftain Inn
#4 of 15 in Wenatchee

Been to Waterville Historic Hotel? Share your experiences!