“Overall terrible experience”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Veradale
Renton
“Overall terrible experience”
Reviewed May 10, 2012

My friends and I stayed 3 nights for Bloomsday. The room was not clean, wrappers behind night stands, stained towels and VERY Dirty carpet! Our toilette ran all night, bath tub was clogged and no maintenence person on staff to fix it? The breakfast bar gal was completely rude when I asked it there was more coffee coming, she seemed angry every morning! Each day after the housekeeper serviced our room it stunk of cigarette smoke, I observed the housekeepers on brake outside smoking bringing the awfull smell into the halls and rooms as they cleaned. I witnessed a red head employee smoking from a pipe in a vehicle in the parking lot! When I complained to the front desk the gentlemen blew me off like I was crazy! I was very upset my issues were not confronted! By far the worst hotel experience I've ever had! Oh and the fitness room machines didn't work, I came to find out they had to unplug the machines so they didn't blow a braker?

Room Tip: Tip: Find a different hotel!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Portland, Oregon, United States
Reviewed April 29, 2012

Family with two kids (5&6) and a service dog. Booked online through their website, requested handicap room. Stayed in the separate building on the ground floor.

The maintenance on the room was poor, the trim on the heater was falling off, there were long extra lengths of cords around the room (tv/lamp cords), I worried about the dog and kids messing with them, and they got tangled on my boyfriends cane at one point. The bathroom seemed to be halfway through renovations, there were rough plaster spots, bare boards supporting the new counter top, which was already sagging. Also had luke-warm water AT BEST the entire stay. Couldn't seem to get the WiFi to work, so didn't get any work done there. Sheets were too small for the bed and kept pulling off the corners. TV had very few channels, and hardly any volume at all. Also had to get new key-cards halfway through the stay because they only activated them for 2 days even though I paid ahead for 4. Oh - and the pool is outside(was closed in march), while the hot tub and dry sauna are on the second floor of the main building, so that was a pain.

All that probably would have been ignored, and I would have accepted our stay as not the best but not the worst, had it not been for this -

Housekeeping came in one day (we were there for 4 nights) while we were on our way out, and left the window wide open when they left!!! I was told that opening the windows while they are cleaning is regular practice. We returned at about 9:30 that night to find a freezing cold room, and had to quick make sure all our things were still there. We had a ground floor room, and had left all our personal things, laptops, etc. in the room, where we thought they were secure, imagine our surprise and upset at learning our room had been left open all afternoon! We're lucky someone didn't see the open window and take the opportunity, housekeeping should be a little more careful than that - and they seemed very unprofessional, lots of chatting, heard some cursing.

Did appreciate the breakfast(could last a little longer), the front desk staff was friendly, and they were perfectly accommodating of our family dog, though a couple of other guests' dogs were a little aggressive/noisy, and they have a neighbor by the parking lot with a dog that likes to bark at anyone who goes past.

Overall a pretty disappointing stay, if I hadn't paid ahead of time for the entire stay I would have moved to a different hotel. I only picked the Spokane Valley Ramada when I was shopping for a room online because it seemed the most reasonable priced(had a special "discounted price" that put it at the lower end of average), and looked "fancy" with lots of amenities on the website. I probably wont stay there again, it's not worth the price, and it's actually further from town than it seems, so you make up for the low-average price by paying for gas if you spend any time downtown or on South Hill.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Veradale hotels

Kelowna, BC
Reviewed April 23, 2012

We always stay here. The location is great and the rooms are nice. The only negative thing is the beds as they are not the most comfortable but not the worst I have slept on. The staff is always friendly and helpful. Over all a great place to stay. Kelowna, BC

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Mary B
East Wenatchee, Washington
Reviewed April 12, 2012

This hotel is located a very short distance from Spokane Valley Mall shopping, movies, restaurants etc.

The breakfast was awful. They tried to provide a nice breakfast but both my husband and I found it to be inedible. Stay away from the biscuits and gravy!

• Stayed April 2012
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed March 16, 2012

Just passing through. Large room and beds. Very clean room and liens. Paid $68/nt, with tax and no frig? I've paid less in the most expensive county in the US (Loudoun in VA) and have had a frig, so that is why I did not give it a better rating. But didn't say pour as was clean, comfy beds and had a great breakfast. Felt safe and was quiet. Was right by I-90.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
LEWISTON
Reviewed January 24, 2012

I find myself in Spokane, WA, quite often...sometimes on business, but mostly for pleasure. Having been born and raised in the area, I'm quite familiar with the Lilac City, and all its quirks and intricacies. My latest venture was during the winter of 2012 (specifically, January). At least a foot of snow on the ground, treacherous driving (with more on the way)...but I digress.

This Ramada is located just off Interstate 90 (and a few blocks from where I attended my very first Star Trek Convention about 25 years ago). The front desk staff here was very accomodating, even going so far as to ask me, "Will a room on the second floor be all right?" Hey, I'm not picky...I've slept in a lot of hotels and motels across the country...Spokane's no different than, say, Peoria, IL, or Kearney, NE, Sioux Falls, SD, or even Billings, MT.

I checked in with no problem, received my room "keys" (electronic locks with cards that had an advertisement for a local pizzeria :D ), then went upstairs to my room. I go to my room in the main building, and I notice it's pretty cold. Turning on the heat to let the room warm up took awhile (remember, it's the middle of winter, so of course it's going to take a bit...had to figure out the correct heat setting). The room looks great, everything looks and smells pretty clean, it's also quite a bit larger than what I'm used to (which, for me, is a bonus. I could almost put two queen-sized beds from one of the "numbered" motels in this room alone.) The bathroom, for instance, feels like the one at home, not like one that was seemingly added as an afterthought.

Access to shopping was very easy...two malls within walking distance (if you chose to do so, that is), a plethora of services nearby (two gas stations, a few restaurants, banks, ATMs, etc., also within walking distance). Of course, being the big city Spokane is, all the major entertainment venues are downtown...about 10 miles or so. I had to go take care of my errands, but when I got back, I had a nice toasty-warm room just in time to go downtown to attend a convention/dinner I'd paid for months in advance.

They also take security at the motel very seriously...I counted no less than six security cameras in the hallways. Of course, I never travel anywhere without packing heat, so it was reassuring to know if there were any unsavory charlatains on the property, their antics would have been caught on camera long before I ever had to turn on my laser sight.

The drawback to this excursion was the internet, or, more accurately, the lack of it. It was explained to me that this particular Ramada used Dish Network for their internet access. I was re-connecting to their service more than I was actually using it (about every 10 minutes), not to mention the poor to non-existent signals I was getting. I'd even asked the nice young lady at the front desk to reset the router, which worked briefly. Overall, though, I really wasn't there to surf the 'net, but having a reliable connection so I could update my social network status and upload the pictures from the show I had taken would have made this trip much better. I did suggest to the management that they drop Dish Network and go to good old cable (which is far more reliable), and boost their wireless router signal to at least "Good".

I will say this...Ramada has a far better value than the other "numbered" motels just down the freeway. While this particular stay could have been much better, it was decidedly much better than the rest, and I will be staying here again.

Room Tip: TURN ON THE HEAT/AC FIRST THING UPON ARRIVAL, then let it run for a few hours. You'll be glad yo...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank kb7rky
Moscow, Idaho
Reviewed August 25, 2011

We submitted the following comment card to the hotel front desk. I think it says everything about this hotel:
I was afraid for my safety while staying at your hotel! The appearance of a *bullet* hole in the window of the west bedroom was entirely un-nerving. The windows in both bedrooms are broken. The bathroom with the broken tiles and mildew is disgusting!!! The furniture is dirty and I didn't want to sit down anywhere. It also appears that you rent rooms by the month here. The thermostat in the east bedroom is broken. There is a pan burn mark on the counter in the kitchen. I honestly don't know how you can even rent this room.

Room Tip: Don't ask for a two room suite as they are old converted apartments in horrible shape.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Veradale
Comfort Inn & Suites
Quality Inn Valley Suites
Quality Inn Valley Suites
#8 of 13 in Spokane Valley
Baymont Inn & Suites Spokane Valley
Baymont Inn & Suites Spokane Val...
#11 of 13 in Spokane Valley

Been to Ramada Spokane Valley? Share your experiences!