“The Perfect Getaway” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Artist's Studio Loft Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Vashon
Artist's Studio Loft Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 6 Vashon B&B and Inns
Chicago, Illinois
“The Perfect Getaway”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2011

Having just completed my fourth consecutive stay at the Artist's Studio Loft, there is no other place I would stay while visiting family on Vashon Island. The beauty, peacefullness and tranquility of this B&B are unsurpassed. The proprieter, Jacqueline is a wonderful person, and I so enjoy our chats over a bountiful homemade breakfast. I usually stay in the Master Suite, where the balcony overlooks the spacious, gorgeous and well-maintaned property. If you are looking for the 'perfect getaway', I would highly recommend the Artist's Studio Loft. Try it - you'll like it!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank racegirl916

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2011

What a great place. We loved our stay at the Artist's Studio Loft on Vashon Island. We were there for 3 relaxing days this September. It's beautiful place with lovely gardens and very clean, wonderfully decorated rooms. The gates and bells and artistic touches everywhere were so inspirational. The entire place had a very spiritual feel about it. Our cottage had everything we wanted, a 2 person tub, fireplace and was warm, inviting and comfortable. Jacqueline, the owner, was very friendly and welcoming also very helpful about places to eat. Vashon is a pretty fun place to go. We left feeling relaxed and renewed. We look forward to returning.

Room Tip: The cottages have fireplaces. All rooms have access to the outdoor hot tub.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank mtlmn61
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2010

A great place to get away from it all. Quiet and serene, a wonderful place to get away for a romantic get away. This was our second time to stay at the Artist's Loft and we recommend it. The ''Hardware Store'' is also great place for dinner. Not much in the way of shopping, but a great spot to kick back with a glass of wine, a good book, and the one that you love.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Aiea, Hawaii
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2010

I stayed 5 days in the Ivy room during the last week of January and Feb 1 2010. My trip wasn't a pleasure trip but one involving a family crisis. I found the Ivy room spacious, scrupously clean and well appointed. Breakfast with Jackie were good and the conversation pleasent, the topics we discussed were widely varried. The Artist Studio was the perfect place to go to relax after a day dealing with the problems of ageing parents and let the stresses of the day fade away. I plan to stay at the Artist Studio with my wife next time I get a chance to visit my parents.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
Suffolk, UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2009

Leaving Seattle on the twenty minute Fauntleroy ferry, followed by a leisurely five mile drive is the perfect way on a beautiful autumnal afternoon led four 'seasoned' travelers to Jacqui's delightful and inspirational accommodation at the Artist's Loft studio.
This haven of peace and inspiration, together with her attention to detail and artists perspective provided the perfect base for two easy days of rest, great conversation and exploration of the 12 mile long by 5 mile wide island. The wonderful accommodation, and great breakfast's provided an ideal foundation for the day which was complemented by the local artisans comment that 'it is difficult to find a bad meal on this island'.

Centrally located on the island, the main population centre (Vashon), provides the widest restaurant choice, but sitting alongside the main intersection, 'The Hardware Store' stands out like a beacon with wonderful food, service and atmosphera.

All four of us were delighted with our two nights stay on the island in general, but Jacqui's 'Inn' deserves its No 1 spot and we look forward to returning.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with friends
Monterey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2008

The wonderful feedback from a friend about this lovely serene setting promted me to book a 4 day stay as a romantic get-a-way at the end of a business trip in nearby Seattle, that my sweetie had joined me on.
It was everything and more than I had been told. We stayed in one of the cottages. They have a couple of B&B rooms; but we opted for a cottage that was reached by a short stroll through an artistic gate and past garden areas of lovely trees and flowers. We loved the quiet and the privacy of just the two of us. Rising in the morning to the warmth of the fireplace, smell of coffee brewing and a lovely breakfast, which we enjoyed on the porch in our pjs and robes. After a somewhat stressful work week, the whirlpool tub was such a treat.
Our hostess was kind and helpful and we had fun sharing travel. stories. She told us about the restuarants and cute shops. They have really good food on the island.
We got a kick out the horses next door, who came to the fence looking for handouts.

• Liked — the quiet romantisim and beauty of the place
  • Disliked — everything was fine
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
      Check in / front desk
1 Thank MontereyTravelcat
Tacoma, wa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2008

Having experienced a number of bed and breakfasts, I would like to note that this is clearly the best I have ever experienced.
The grounds are spectacularly beautiful and the rooms are decorated professionally.
I don't think my stay could have been more lovely.
The hostess, Jaquelaine, was not gabby as some hostesses I have interacted with. She was brief and to the point.
She knew the best restaurants and took the time to go over each of them with us, explaining the good and bad points of each.
I was impressed with the lucid directions on how to get to her place.
It is definitely out in the country, and the peace and quiet was very much appreciated by my wife and myself.
She and her partner, Lance, were very interesting people who could converse on just about any subject you cared to bring up.
But did not go on and on. She was very perceptive and seemed to know when to stop talking.. that was very much appreciated also.

• Liked — The professionalism of the hosts. The location and ambience.
  • Disliked — A little hard to find, but thanks to the superb directions given by the hostess, o.k.
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
      Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Vashon
Cedarbrook Lodge
Cedarbrook Lodge
#1 of 34 in SeaTac
5.0 of 5 bubbles 2,206 reviews
Silver Cloud Inn Tacoma - Waterfront
BEST WESTERN PLUS Bainbridge Island Suites
BEST WESTERN PLUS Bainbridge Isl...
#1 of 5 in Bainbridge Island
Hampton Inn & Suites Bremerton
Georgetown Inn
Georgetown Inn
#18 of 100 in Seattle
Three Tree Point Bed and Breakfast

Been to Artist's Studio Loft Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!