“Nice service... food is OK. Best are the pancakes.”
Review of Pine Cone Cafe

Pine Cone Cafe
Cuisines: American
Gig Harbor, Washington
“Nice service... food is OK. Best are the pancakes.”
Reviewed July 24, 2012

A little tired but the service is sweet & this is a local favorite. Note that there is only one Pine Cone Cafe but three listings, due to some peeps saying it's in Tacoma, some say it's in Fircrest, and some who say it is in University Place. It is in University Place!!! Endless coffee & lots of choices for pancakes. I've been there lots but only for breakfast, however I checked & they have lunch & dinner menus, too! Who knew? Also, they have senior rates for those over 60.

Visited June 2012

University Place, Washington
“nice breakfast”
Reviewed June 28, 2012

This was an ok place for breakfast..my ex-boyfriend took me there with his ill-behaved daughter. The place maybe wasn't so bad as was the kids and noise?

Visited July 2011
Tacoma, Washington
“turkey dinner on sundays”
Reviewed May 29, 2012

Their turkey dinners on sundays are great. They cook real whole turkeys..like you would on Thanksgiving, with all the trimmings. This place is what you would call "An Old Peoples" place, but with great food.

Visited January 2012
Seattle
“Surprisingly good”
Reviewed April 25, 2012

I have their burgers. Very tasty. The others have their dinners. Good reports from everyone. Great service and inexpensive. We come back here more often now.

• Visited April 2012
Pacific Northwest
“Very disappointed!”
Reviewed April 3, 2012

I had breakfast here before and although it is a bit pricey, but the breakfasts were large and it was fairly good. Today we were in a hurry due to my lunch hour and it is close to my work, so I suggested we go here. Because there was only one waitress, we thought the salad bar would be fastest. Unfortunately, we did not ask the price first. She brought us salad sized plates and when we got to the salad bar we discovered we were sorry. My mother is a vegetarian and there was very little option for her (ham in the pea salad, ham in the macaroni salad, bacon bits in most everything else) so she just had plain salad. It really was not a very good salad bar. When we got the check it was $8.75 each and the plates were very small. The total was $22 for two small salad plate sized salads that were wretched. We mentioned to the waitress the lack of veggie options and she argued that only the macaroni had ham. Not true unless you consider bacon vegetarian. It was in everything. I didn't bother arguing back. Breakfast is good, but don't waste your time on anything else.

• Visited April 2012