“I Would Do It Again” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Super 8 Union Gap Yakima Area

Super 8 Union Gap Yakima Area
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Union Gap

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
campbell river, bc
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2012

Comfortable non-smoking room. Friendly and courteous staff. I liked the breakfast.

Only complaint I had was that the air fresher was a bit heavy-handed.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Liz B
Brandy S, General Manager at Super 8 Union Gap Yakima Area, responded to this review, April 12, 2012
Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to complete a Tripadvisor review regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

Again, thank you for completing our survey and if I can be of assistance to you, don't hesitate to contact us directly at 509-248-8880.
Clarksville, Indiana
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2012

This Super 8 is average. The walls are very thin. The television and the coughing of the room next to our kept us awake until midnight. Knocking on doors and conversations could be heard throughout the night. There is a very strong smoke smell in the halls and in the nonsmoking rooms. If you are very effected by smoke then I suggest you do not stay at this hotel. The beds were comfortable. The shower was decent. The staff was friendly. It's location is very good. Overall it's not worth $70 a night, but it's better than sleeping in our van.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Brandy S, Manager at Super 8 Union Gap Yakima Area, responded to this review, March 18, 2012
Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to complete a Trip advisor review. I apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2012

My name is David Schmack and I have now stayed at super 8 Union Gap for lengthy stays of 3 times over the last 18 months.I would recommend this place to everyone world wide that needs to stay at Yakima W A USA. At most places you stay you don't get the customer service,clean rooms, friendly staff and an awesome free breakfast. The place is close to all shops and services and everyone that works here is proffesional, courteous with great smiles and most important if something goes wrong on your stay they don't see problems just solutions and it all starts from the wonderful leadership of the general manager B Summers who has created a great atmosphere for all staff and guests. Well done to all the staff I will be back.

• Stayed February 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Brandy S, General Manager at Super 8 Union Gap Yakima Area, responded to this review, March 6, 2012
Thank you David. We are always happy to see your reservations and hope to see you soon. Glad to hear your trip back went smooth.

Brandy Summers
Yakima, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2012

We have stayed here several times and been pleased with our visits. Staff is very friendly and helpful. Rooms are clean and comfortable. A nice place and a great price.
Will be visiting again!!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Brandy S, General Manager at Super 8 Union Gap Yakima Area, responded to this review, October 5, 2012

Houston
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2011

I stayed here for one night in a nonsmoking 2nd floor room. The floor was a mix of nonsmoking and smoking rooms. There was no elevator. As I made my way to the stairs I smelled cigarette smoke and the smell was there all along the 2nd floor and into my room. As time passed and the air conditioner was turned on the smoke dissipated. Breakfast was minimal and not nutricious. I ate none of it. Although conveniently located on the main highway, the price was right and room amenities were basically fine. Even though I had supposedly confirmed a first floor room, it was not in my record on arrival and with a lot of equipment I had to trudge back and forth up the stairs. Overall I would not recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: If you are a dedicated, nonsmoker your best bet is to find a different hotel.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled solo

Travelers are raving about these Union Gap hotels

Lynnwood, Washington
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2011

I wasn't looking for anything fancy, but I was willing to pay a little more for a decent place to stay and finally decided on the Super 8. It is right off from I-82 so it was pretty easy to find. Coming into the Union Gap area, they are still doing construction and they just put in two roundabouts. The Super 8 is right next to the main road but you have to take a side road in order to get to it (which was kind of confusing).

The lady at the desk was nice and helpful. A double room was $85.81 (plus tax) for the night and there was also a $100 deposit because I paid cash. You just have go back to collect the deposit when you check out.

The hallways are also really smoky and my first impression of the room wasn't very good, the room smelled pretty smoky too despite the fact I had a nonsmoking room. There were cigarette burns and stains in the carpet, and the room just had a dirty feel to it in general. The beds and bathroom was pretty clean and the air conditioning worked well so I can't complain too much. The pool area is nice and continental breakfast was decent, which was a plus.

It was ok, but not the greatest. I probably wouldn't stay here again. If you are looking for something special, Super 8 is not the place. Otherwise, the price and amenities were about right.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
#13 of 24 in Yakima
Holiday Inn Yakima
Holiday Inn Yakima
#8 of 24 in Yakima

Been to Super 8 Union Gap Yakima Area? Share your experiences!