“Great Bargain”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Union Gap
Yakima, Washington
“Great Bargain”
Reviewed February 16, 2012

We have stayed here several times and been pleased with our visits. Staff is very friendly and helpful. Rooms are clean and comfortable. A nice place and a great price.
Will be visiting again!!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Brandy S, General Manager at Super 8 Union Gap Yakima Area, responded to this review, October 5, 2012
Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to complete a Tripadvisor review regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

Again, thank you for completing our survey and if I can be of assistance to you, don't hesitate to contact us directly at 509-248-8880.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Houston
Reviewed October 24, 2011

I stayed here for one night in a nonsmoking 2nd floor room. The floor was a mix of nonsmoking and smoking rooms. There was no elevator. As I made my way to the stairs I smelled cigarette smoke and the smell was there all along the 2nd floor and into my room. As time passed and the air conditioner was turned on the smoke dissipated. Breakfast was minimal and not nutricious. I ate none of it. Although conveniently located on the main highway, the price was right and room amenities were basically fine. Even though I had supposedly confirmed a first floor room, it was not in my record on arrival and with a lot of equipment I had to trudge back and forth up the stairs. Overall I would not recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: If you are a dedicated, nonsmoker your best bet is to find a different hotel.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled solo

Travelers are raving about these Union Gap hotels

Lynnwood, Washington
Reviewed July 30, 2011

I wasn't looking for anything fancy, but I was willing to pay a little more for a decent place to stay and finally decided on the Super 8. It is right off from I-82 so it was pretty easy to find. Coming into the Union Gap area, they are still doing construction and they just put in two roundabouts. The Super 8 is right next to the main road but you have to take a side road in order to get to it (which was kind of confusing).

The lady at the desk was nice and helpful. A double room was $85.81 (plus tax) for the night and there was also a $100 deposit because I paid cash. You just have go back to collect the deposit when you check out.

The hallways are also really smoky and my first impression of the room wasn't very good, the room smelled pretty smoky too despite the fact I had a nonsmoking room. There were cigarette burns and stains in the carpet, and the room just had a dirty feel to it in general. The beds and bathroom was pretty clean and the air conditioning worked well so I can't complain too much. The pool area is nice and continental breakfast was decent, which was a plus.

It was ok, but not the greatest. I probably wouldn't stay here again. If you are looking for something special, Super 8 is not the place. Otherwise, the price and amenities were about right.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
Langley, BC
Reviewed June 29, 2010

We stayed on June 16 and it was not worth it.
First it took forever to get a room because they had a new computer system installed hours before and not used to it. The rate was $101.00 for the night and then to be placed on the backside of the hotel where they are rebuilding the road. They started work before 6:00AM so needless to say sleep ended at that point.
The room itself had a fridge and microwave.
Room had some issues with repair as the desk had the molding sticking out like a spear.
The quick start breakfast wasn't bad and the day staff appeared better than the night staff.
I would stay away from this hotel till they get the road finished or make sure you get a room elsewhere in the hotel.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Forks, Washington
Reviewed July 14, 2008

Rude check in lady. The room was very worn but clean. The a/c unit sounded like it was on it's last legs but kept the room comfortable. The curtains on the window didn't cover the bottom of the window and didn't close all the way. Pool area was good. Check out took forever.

• Liked — pool
  • Disliked — everything else
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
Washington State
Reviewed April 5, 2008

We were looking for a decent place to stay (not fancy or expensive) with an indoor pool. From looking online, this looked like a decent enough hotel. YUCK! We had to stay on the 3rd floor and the stairs were covered with filthy carpet and spilled coffee stains all the way up to the 3rd floor. When we got ready to go to bed, I pulled back the comforter on the bed and there were blood stains and hair all over the comforter. NASTY! There was hair in the shower as well. There were two dead bugs smashed on the wall and ceiling that looked like they'd been there awhile. The hair dryer in the bathroom was about 500 watts and a throwback from the 1970s . Air drying was faster. There was a coffee maker but no coffee pot in the coffee maker. About the only redeeming quality of this place was the pool, which was quite nice. The continental breakfast was adequate but nothing noteworthy. Do yourself a favor and stay elsewhere - this hotel was disgusting.

• Liked — The pool
  • Disliked — Filthy!
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Washington
Reviewed February 25, 2007

We checked out the hotel on line and the photos were nice and the rooms looked nice and clean.. What a shock when we got there and it was gross. Our room smelled so bad when we walked in and there was a cigarette butt under the corner of the bed. Nicotine running down the walls in the bathroom and on the heat light part. The furniture was gross and needed to be replaced very bad. I called Expedia to try and check out to get a refund for the other three days and the guy told me that it was not refundable. My husband and I only went to the room to sleep and spent the rest of our time at the SunDome watching basketball games. One morning we were down at the cont. breakfast (what a joke that was) and the lady behind the desk told the maintence guy someone said the pool needed to be cleaned and he opened the door and said "I guess it does it's turning green". I am sorry but we have stayed at the Super 8 in Ellensburg, Tri-Cities and numerous other towns because of our kids in sports and this was the most disguesting place ever. You need to update your photos and be honest. If you are thinking of staying here don't. We don't smoke but were put in a smoking room and there is still no excuse for the way the room smelt and looked..

• Liked — It was close to shopping-food est.-Sun Dome
  • Disliked — Rooms were gross and the hotel was not a very nice one... Parking was not that great either.
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank basketballmom-40
#13 of 24 in Yakima
Oxford Inn Yakima
Oxford Inn Yakima
#2 of 24 in Yakima

Been to Super 8 Union Gap Yakima Area? Share your experiences!