“Fine Dinning”

Cross street: Route 106
Port Orchard, Washington
“Fine Dinning”
Reviewed March 2, 2011

If you know good food and good wine and are sick and tired of meatloaf and burgers, this is the place to go. A chef who knows how to cook with wine, heavy cream and truffles is a chef worth spending time with. The Alderbrook Restaurant is such a restaurant.
It doesn't hurt that the view is awesome as well.

• Visited September 2010
1 Thank RobVajko

Forks, Washington
“Fantastic!”
Reviewed February 28, 2011

I have to say I am surprised at all of the negative reviews. I recently brought my family to the Alderbrook and it was wonderful beyond what I expected. The food was incredible and the service was so great. They were both professional and personable. I had the salmon and it was by far the best I have ever had. If you ever need a peaceful quiet place away, come here! My sister is getting married next year and I hope we can come back. It would be perfect for her.

• Visited December 2010
Olympia, Washington
“STAY HOME.........THE FOOD IS BETTER !!!!!!!!”
Reviewed January 12, 2011

Went to Alderbrook Restaurant in January 2011. Will NEVER go again !
1st the moment myself and my friends entered the restaurant, we had to wait to be seated and it didn't even seem that busy. Once seated we had to wait 10-12 minutes just to get a menu and water. Once we got our food it was cold and seemed very greasy.
We asked to speak to a manager we got some tall, bigger man that acted like he knew it all.
Seemed to take the waitresses side. I thought the customer was always right.
Got his name on the way out. It was Mack. Tried to get the waitresses, but when we left she seemed to have disappeared. Probably in the back with the manager "Thanking Him".
NOT AT THIS PLACE......STAY AWAY !!!!!!!!!!!

• Visited January 2011
1 Thank MBrooks77
Seattle, Washington
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Disgusting Food, poorly prepared”
Reviewed October 26, 2010

We own a cabin on Hood Canal, and spend several weeks there each summer. We decided to celebrate my birthday at the Alderbrook Resort restaurant this year, so we booked a table one evening. Although the setting and facility are gorgeous, the establishment is strictly amateur hour from start to finish. At what clearly desires to be an upscale restaurant, the food must be top-rate. I ordered "pan-fried" oysters, fresh from Hood Canal, and received several inedible globs of burned, deep-fried goo. It sickens me still to remenber the slimy texture and rancid taste of the horrible flavor of the grease these unfortunate creatures were seared in. [And I love oysters!] Halfway through our meal the fire alarm went off, with a piercing, pulsating shriek that lasted ten minutes. No one appeared especially disturbed by it; when asked, our waiter indicated that "it happens all the time-it seems there is an issue in the laundry"! Finally, our dessert was supposeed to be a creme brulee, which I generally enjoy warm, but what we received was right out of the fridge and resembled nothing so much as very hard, slightly sweetened butter. Yecchh! That was sent back to the kitchen with the oysters! Although we complained at the time, and complained about the alarm, no replacement food was proferred nor was any adjustment made to our bill. When we followed up with a request for an explanantion from the management the next day via email, we never received a response. The lesson: go enjoy a before-dinner drink at Alderbrook, but don't stay for dinner!! If you do, you will probably vomit!

1 Thank mcm12
Sumner, Washington
“Not wonderful”
Reviewed September 15, 2010

My husband and I had dinner at the restaurant. We thought the food overpriced and I didn't enjoy the salads. The waitress ignored me, paying a lot more attention to my husband. The view was nice. Bar was nice. But we would not eat at the restaurant again.

1 Thank kiddocort