New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Union
Columbus, GA
“Nice, Relaxing Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2009

My husband is stationed at a nearby army post and won a free night at the resort playing in a military golf scramble. We saved our trip until a few days before we left for the east to visit our families for Christmas. The trip was just what we needed. The lodge is beautiful, and the staff was very accommodating. We were surprised at how well we were treated, especially since we weren't paying to stay.
We brought our dog (basset/ beagle) and the staff very generously waived the pet fee for us. Other guests had their dog out in the lobby while they played board games. For a pet lover, such as myself, it created a very cozy atmosphere.
The room was very nice. The bed was very comfortable, and the room was beautifully decorated. The bathroom was very nice. It had a garden tub and separate walk in shower. My favorite element was the french press and premium coffee set up next to a window seat, overlooking one of the most spectacular views I have ever seen. We arrived after dark, so waking up to find the amazing view from our room window was definitely a treat.
We ate in the restaurant. The food was excellent, but of course very expensive.
All in all, the trip was excellent and we hope we can make it back someday.

• Stayed December 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MeganEDavis7

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (197)
Olympia, Wa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2009

My gals book club had been planning a spa overnight trip for two months. We were really just going for spa treatments and enjoying each others company. I booked a 2 bedroom cottage for the six of us. The morning we arrived the front desk person "a bit rough around the edges" preceeded to tell us there had been some miscommunication and we could only get a one bedroom cottage, and a room in the hotel. Our mouths dropped, as the purpose of the trip was to enjoy our friendship! As part of our package we were suppose to each get a cocktail at dinner. We got four until we came back later and spoke to someone else who was at the desk who was very nice. The one bedroom cottage is suppose to sleep four. We split the groups in the evening-three in the cottage/ three in hotel room. When we tried to open the sofa/sleeper we discovered it was basically springs. We then needed to order a roll-away bed. The spa treatments and personel there were very good. The majority of our meals at the restuarant were good. The location is beautiful. There was an outdoor wedding while we were there. They rent kyacks, and the gal working there was great. We had a great time, however, we felt tha the service of some of the staff was lacking.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank teacher34
Seattle
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2009

From the valet, to the restaurant I just expected a lot more. I was very disappointed when I left, the staff just did not work to make me want to return. My biggest annoyance- the food at the restaurant sucked.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2009

My wife and I stayed at the Alderbrook Resort for 1 night for our baby-moon --- our last trip before baby shows up in a couple of months. We were not the only couple there doing the same thing, we saw 4 other couples there who were late in their pregnancy, taking a little R&R. The resort amenities are just fantastic - comfortable, beautifully appointed rooms, and very comfortable beds. We especially enjoyed the window nook where you could just sit by the window and stretch out and look outside at the Hood Canal. The towels were large and soft, and each room came with 2 oversize bathrobes. Oh, and the soaps smelled great too! All of the rooms have a small deck to sit out on. The resort also has several very nicely appointed 2 bedroom cabins for rent, that come with a small kitchen (stove/fridge/microwave), which we may use next time when we go with more of our extended family. The resort grounds were neatly kept. There is a new golf club (Alderbrook Golf Club) being built directly behind and above the resort, about 1 mile from the resort. The towns of Hoodsport and Shelton are about a 20-30 minute drive to the west, and Belfair is about 20 minutes east, where you can find shopping centers, since there is very little in the way of food or shopping near the resort. We ate at the restaurant at the resort, and it was one of the best meals we have ever had! I enjoyed an exquisitely done beef tenderloin with polenta and fresh spinach, and my wife enjoyed open-faced ravioli. This resort is all about pampering, enjoyment, and relaxation, and we came home feeling refreshed, having thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. We can't wait to go back again to the Alderbrook!

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank KenCarol
justdoinmypart
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2009

This is such a relaxing resort. If you are looking for a spa getaway with the girls or a romantic week-end with your spouse... this is the place. Very quiet and peaceful. Amazing views of the olympics and hood canal. Beautiful grounds. Wonderful Spa. Nice restaurant. Can't get enough.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled with friends
Seattle
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2009

I wont spend alot of time on this review. I have been here before, and try to go once a year. If you are on their email list, you will receive a coupon once a year or so...usually in Dec. or Jan. for a screaming deal. Well, I got my coupon, and booked a weekend with friends. I took the passage package and found it to be a fantastic value. As always, the staff is so well trained, and likeable here, it pains me to leave. The cottage was fun as usual...clean and well appointed. The grounds were well kept this visit, and made me feel as though the maintenance team has really been keeping an eye on things.

We ate in the restraunt for dinner.....so, heres the bad. The restraunt itself is cozy, well appointed and comfortable. Staff is great...the chef? I dont know man.....We ordered different items, tried one anothers food....we all know good food......so here is my best shot at the dinner review:
the food was well prepared with fresh and interesting ingreients.however, each dish had a rathor different and savory sauce...making the real taste of the food all but disappear. I know this sounds nit picky, but you can only put so much sauce on a rib eye, before you kill it....and...I am sorry to say...you killed it. In tasting the other dishes, we all agreed the food was too masked. I know good chefs who make great sauces...but just tone it down a bit here, and you might be able to sell more dinners. Breakfast in the same restraunt was good.actually very good..but then again, how much sauce can you throw onto french toast.....
In any eveny, this is, was, and will be a favorite spot for us...I recomend to anyone! Kids, dogs, couples, whatever.you will like it here.and it is still a fair value! Bon voyage

• Stayed January 2009, traveled with friends
3 Thank DaveFrancis
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2009

We stayed here for my best friend's birthday. Absolutely loved the spa, had the signature massage and it was well worth the money even though I thought it was priced pretty high at $130 for a hour. The whole experience was worth the price. Pool and hot tub were not too fancy, but were nice and enjoyable. Service was good. Down side was you had to do a lot of walking out doors, rooms even face outdoors vice interior to the hotel...which I didn't expect. It was okay because the weather was alright, but thought it would've been bad if the weather was worse. It was also very noisy in our room, the air or the fridge or something kept us both awake all night and our phone didn't work. I never did tell the front desk because when I went to check out we'd been double billed for the room. They did fix it and they were very nice the whole trip.

Had excellent drinks at the hotels bar, but never ate there due to the reviews from Trip advisor. We did eat at the Robinhood restaurant just down the road (less than a mile) because of the reviews we read. It was definitely worth it! Love the atmosphere and the food was most excellent! Try the lemon drop prawns for sure.

• Liked — The Spa
  • Stayed February 2009, traveled with friends
      Check in / front desk
1 Thank olytrvlr
Also consider these accommodations in or near Union
Robin Hood Village Resort
#2 of 4 in Shelton
3.5 of 5 stars 223 reviews
Hotel RL Olympia by Red Lion
DoubleTree by Hilton Olympia

Been to Alderbrook Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!