“Amazing experience...Everything was perfect”

and 1 more site!
Alderbrook Resort & Spa
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Union
Reviewed January 2, 2013

From the moment we arrived until the moment we left we felt very pampered. It was the perfect NYE event. The room was beautiful, the beds were very comfortable, and all the little added extras made the trip perfect. The view of the Puget Sound made for a very nice walk around the resort. The restaurant was very nice, the staff very knowledgeable, and the food was amazing (a little expensive but worth the cost). Overall I would highly recommend taking the time to visit.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank justwondering2100
FrankJKenny, Public Relations Manager at Alderbrook Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2013

justwondering2100, Thank you for staying at the Resort. We are so glad you had a wonderful time. We are looking forward to having you as a guest again very soon. ~Frank for Alderbrook

There are newer reviews for Alderbrook Resort & Spa

Reviewed December 27, 2012

We went over for the night for a special gradution. Was a fabulous dinner and so pretty for the holidays and very relaxing. We plan to go back in May 2013 Would recommend to everyone. Rooms were large, nice and cozy. Loved this resort. Will try golf and spa next trip

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Janine B

Janine B, Thank you for being our guest. And thank you for the comments and review. Can't wait to see you and yours again in May. ~Frank for Alderbrook Resort and Spa

Reviewed December 24, 2012

We had a harrowing drive to the hotel as an unexpected snowfall made getting to the resort tricky with a couple of slides into the ditch and guardrail and so stuck in the snow once we had to be towed out. It was scary and they closed the road after we arrived. We made it to the resort and we utilized the valet service, we were happy to get into the hotel and were able to check in an hour early. It turns out that the day we arrived, that night and the next day as we were checking out, the hotel was on a generator so the lobby could be used as a refuge from our flashlghted room. They gave us a room on the first floor so we could avoid the stairs and served us a tray of coffee since we could not use any electricity in our room. The restaurant had power and we had a nice dinner in the bar and took a glass of wine into the lobby to sit by the fire. The staff could not have been more accomodating, they made popcorn and hot cider and took the kids that were there down to a showing of The Incredibles. They opened up an outlet so we could charge our cell phones for the drive out the next day. Guests were friendly and most had similar stories on how hard it was to get there that night. Lots of trees were down which made the drive double or triple the amount of time. The staff some of whom had to stay, were happy to show us the property and bring out extra blankets since the rooms did not have heat. It was our anniversary and turned out to be a nice unplugged getaway. Unfortunately some of the amenitiies like the pool and the hot tub were not electrified so we could not use them. We paid full price for the night but would love to have been offered a discount on a return trip. We would gladly come back when the weather is better.

Room Tip: I am not sure if we had the room that we booked as it seemed if there had not been snow all over we...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple

Linda D, Thank you so much for your comment and review. And your perseverance in getting to the resort. You sound like real troopers. Thanks again for being our guests and creating "unique" memories Washington Style. ~Frank for Alderbrook

Reviewed December 10, 2012

My family and I thourghly enjoyed our stay at alderbrook. We stayed there in December so the whole place was lit up in Christmas lights. It was so beautiful. They welcomed our dog as well. It was a very enjoyable weekend that we can not wait to repeat

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Marian D
FrankJKenny, Public Relations Manager at Alderbrook Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded December 23, 2012

Dear Marian D, Thank you so much for your review. Sounds like you had a great time. That is what we aim for everytime. Looking forward to seeing you again soon. Frank for Alderbrook

Reviewed December 4, 2012

As an Event Planner I have traveled to many different venues on the west coast, and Alderbrook is now in my top 2 places I've ever stayed for a group event. This place is really special. I was floored by how lovely my guest room was. On my first night I never even turned on the tv; I just listened to the sound radio at my bedside. The dinner I had at the restaurant was delicious. And our meeting was executed perfectly. Every single staff person I had contact with made me feel as though we were valued guests. Last minute requests were taken care of immediately, and the meeting space is very nice.
I was so pleased with this resort. I really hope to have the opportunity to bring my husband and our dog back sometime for a relaxing weekend by the water.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Groupeventplanner
FrankJKenny, Public Relations Manager at Alderbrook Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2012

Groupeventplanner, Wow. Thanks so much. I will be sure to share this generous review with the meetings staff and all the management. Again, thank you. And see you, your husband, and puppy soon! ~Frank for Alderbrook Resort and Spa

Reviewed November 24, 2012

It's NOT hard to believe that The Alderbrook Resort is an amazing hideaway as every review that my wife and I read prior to arriving was nothing but positive, but let me just say; Every word of it was TRUE!!! My family travels extensively and I am very ecstatic to report that of the many, many locations that the wife and I have enjoyed, The Alderbrook ranks amongst the highest!! That is definitely saying a lot!!

I'm going to get the negative point out of the way, since most, not all, people look for downsides to make decisions: IF THERE WAS ANY NEGATIVE point that I'd have to give the Alderbrook Resort and Spa it was simply the lack of a microwave to warm our baby's warm milk at night. But if that is not a necessity of yours, the resort is a hidden gem in Washington State.

We went for the "Escape to Alderbrook" package on Thanksgiving Day and that was well worth it! The moment we arrived, we were greeted by NICK (NICK WAS AWESOMMMMMMMMEE) in valet and whisked to “Check-in” that took all of 5 minutes. The lobby was decorated in a Christmas theme with a roaring fireplace and the place smelled of candy canes and cider.. yummm!!

With our car in valet and Nick with our bags taken to the room (Did I mention how awesome Nick was??? NEVER in my life have I ever tipped a guy $20.00 before), walking the Hotel grounds was a breathtaking experience. EVERYTHING was so pristine and dare I say contemporarily rustic. The tranquility of the lake and grounds was out of a postcard!!! We went to our Room and was very delighted that they had jazz playing on the bedside radio and the heater was already going (remember it's November in Washington). We went on the patio to look at the Hotel grounds and immediately fell in love with the Alderbrook Resort!! We had a room with a King bed, however, there was a sitting area that doubled as a day bed for our 6 year old and we requested a Pack-n-play for our 1 year old so everyone was able to sleep soundly for our 2 day excursion!!

Thanksgiving dinner was INCREDIBLE and worth every penny! Our package included a $70.00 credit so it was almost like buying 1 dinner and getting the other for free!! Happy happy joy joy!!

The next day we spent at the pool and in the whirlpool as well as frequented the Sauna/Steam room area. It was raining cats and dogs, however, with the pool encased in a glass building, it was an awesome experience swimming inside while watching the rain outside.

WIFI: Astounding!!!!! There aren't many hotels that I’ve been to that I’m able to stream movies on my Ipad. Everywhere we went in the hotel, wifi NEVER missed a beat!! That alone garners heavy praise in a family of three Ipad users!!!

The Xbox360 room is a teens Dream come true!! I watched in amazement that my 6 year old played game after game for two straight hours; much needed downtime for my wife and toddler to nap.

Friday night was the tree lighting ceremony and it was the best experience with Santa coming in on the pier after being transported in with fireworks from the "Ladybrook" yacht! Every child was amaze to see Santa walking down the pier handing out Candy canes. They had Christmas dancers, hot chocolate and cider!! Man what an awesome experience that was!!

No more 6 hour drive to the Sunriver Resort in Bend, Oregon. No no!! Alderbrook, you are the Howard family's new 1 hour away, Thanksgiving tradition for sure!!

I’ve attached some pics for review. Enjoy!! :-)

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank blkpylut
FrankJKenny, Public Relations Manager at Alderbrook Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2012

Blkpylut, Thank you so much for the thoughtful review. It really speaks for itself so I won't go into great detail. I will just say thank you, again, for being our guest and sharing your experience. We are looking forward to having you back again. ~Frank for Alderbrook Resort and Spa

Reviewed November 17, 2012

This resort really treated us well. We drove a long way to visit and they offered us a nice canal view corner suite upgrade. Rooms are quite spacious but the bathrooms not so much. The lobby is quite attractive and the two resident cats seemed to take full advantage.
The food was top notch, we especially enjoyed the orange juice and waffles for breakfast. My lunch favorite was the clam chowder.
The only complaint I had were the high prices for the spa which were quite frankly over the moon. The resort was not busy and should have offered guests some specials with the weather being what it was.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

monarg, Thank you so much for staying with us. We really appreciate all the comments and feedback so we can continue to offer our guests the best possible stay. We are so glad you felt treated well, enjoyed the spa, and the restaurant. See you again soon! ~Frank for Alderbrook

Also consider these accommodations in or near Union
Robin Hood Village Resort
#2 of 4 in Shelton
Waterfront Inn
Waterfront Inn
#4 of 5 in Gig Harbor

Been to Alderbrook Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!