“STAY AWAY AT ALL COSTS”
Review of Idle-a-While Motel

Idle-a-While Motel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Twisp
Idle-a-While Motel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Twisp
Reviewed September 5, 2010

Any positive reviews found under this motel have more than likely been written in an attempt to offset the accurate portrayals of a more than repugnant accommodation. Having traveled extensively, I can honestly say that "Idle-A-While" was the worst experience to date. From the rude and arrogant front staff who appeared to detest not only her job but, as noted in other reviews, the paying customers as well, to the over priced cost for a room - this is truly a place you must avoid at all costs. Why then did I stay there you might ask? Having arrived in Twisp late at night and fatigued beyond belief - all I wanted was a bed. Sadly, as I found out the next morning, Twisp has more than its fair share of lovely accommodations that are fairly priced, employ polite and mannerly staff - AND - actually clean their rooms. Given the alternatives, please save yourself the trouble and STAY AWAY from "Idle-A-While". Trust me on this one. You'll be glad that you chose another lodging to rest your weary head.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
4  Thank insightfully-yours

Reviewed August 7, 2010

We arrived about 4:00 PM and was able to check right in. We even were able to upgrade our room to a cabin. We were politely given our senior discount. The cabin was the only one left and had been used for smokers yet my wife checked the room for odor before we accepted it and said it was very clean and non smelly. My nose can't smell perfume at 2' feet LOL. The room had two double beds, a living room with TV and a full kitchen. The kitchen had all plates, silverware and cooking needs. The refrigerator even had frozen ice ready. The bath was remodeled with a new shower stall. The water was hot and plenty of it. we plan on staying there when ever we stop through Twisp. It is not a four star resort but the value is great. They have a hot tub, tennis court and a huge lawn. There is no road noise inside the cabins. There coffee is good too.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 24, 2010

From the first surly greeting to the final snarl our stay at Idle-a-While was a terrible experience. The staff were so unpleasant I can't beleive they stay in business.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank lurkcatty
Reviewed July 12, 2009

Excellent stay in Twisp. Room was clean, staff friendly, and Blueberry Bread for breakfast was wonderful.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 19, 2009

Idle-A-While isn't for the traveling snob but is a perfect place to kick back and let the time go by. We had a very nice cabin... two beds, bath, living room with cable TV and kitchen.... all for $80. Lots of places to ramble around in the beautiful Methow Valley. Our only complaint was, while the beds were extremely comfortable, the mattress covers were not. (The management says they are being replaced as we speak.) Would make a wonderful place for a family reunion with all the separate cabins and communal grounds.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with friends
1  Thank SeattleAvidtraveler
Reviewed September 15, 2008

great place my partner and I while on our yearly hunting trip had some car problems and to make a long story short we walked seven miles to the highway, then after about 2 hour in the dark walking along highway 20 we were picked up. she took us to twisp and at 10.00pm we called idle-a-while and the gals there put us up for the night. they also gave us the hard luck discount of 10%. this happened in 2004 and we have been there every year since.and this year we are setting up my parents to stay in one of the cabins. its a short distance to the antler saloon & resturant which we found a great place to eat. just make sure you bring a snack for the great dane behind the front desk .

Stayed: October 2007
Reviewed July 17, 2008

I cannot recommend this place. The woman at the front desk just didn't seem happy to see us from the moment my husband and I walked in. She became more irritated when we corrected her by telling her our reservations were for two people, not four. As she ran our VISA through the machine I realized we hadn't asked for our AAA discount. 'I've already run it through,' she said in what I can only describe as a snotty tone. She handed us back our card. 'You mean we can't get our discount?' my husband asked. 'I've already run it through,' she reiterated in the same tone. 'That's alright,' my husband said politely, 'You can run it through again.' This really made her angry. She grabbed the card out of my husband's hand, turned away from us and very forcibly slammed her fist into the machine. My husband and I were shocked and really didn't know how to react. I felt like just walking out but it was my husband's birthday so I didn't want to make things any worse. We ended up staying the night there, but the incident pretty much ruined our trip.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
2  Thank travelingtabman
idleawhile, owner at Idle-a-While Motel, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2009

To my knowledge no one has ever been refused the AAA discount, except during Holiday or 'Special' weekends. We offer this 10% AAA discount as a courtesy to AAA members. We are not associated with AAA in any way and the discount is not manditory. If this person would care to share their name, I am sure I could prove they did indeed receive the discount. We try to be courteous to all customers. Unfortunately, when a guest is himself or herself having bad day, they do not feel the need to treat the establishment with good graces.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Twisp
Methow River Lodge & Cabins
The Virginian Resort
The Virginian Resort
#7 of 8 in Winthrop
Twisp River Suites
Twisp River Suites
#1 of 5 in Twisp

Been to Idle-a-While Motel? Share your experiences!