“MetHOW Valley getaway”

and 1 more site!
Twisp River Suites
Ranked #1 of 5 Twisp B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 23, 2013

What a nice surprise! The suite was brand-new, beautifully finished and furnished, and the staff was the best. A true gem, the kind of place you hope you're going to find. ...kevin

ps. Is Joe really as old as he says he is? And he rode his bicycle most of the way to Mystery and back just to keep me company last Saturday, just on a whim?!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed May 20, 2013

My friend and I booked this place site unseen. Only hearing rumors about a swanky new place in Twisp! Well, swanky is pretty darn close to the best term used for Twisp River Suites! First off the staff was amazing! Super friendly, knowledgeable about local things to do, Joe is a great host and super friendly (DO NOT miss the evening fireplace chats down by the river!). Speaking of the river, don't miss having your cup of freshly ground Blue Star coffee (tub refilled daily) down in the hammock down by the river!! Just don't forget to look up....you'll get what I mean if you do!!

We were blessed with an upgrade (minimal charge) to Suite 101. Memory foam pillows?!? Two person shower!!? Separate soaker tub?! Wow!! The whole suite was nicer than my lil condo and it's pretty nice! The screened in porch might come in handy during buggy months, but we were out and about!

The whole place was really wonderful! the layout and design is well thought out and the Core-10 exterior really works well with the surroundings. Really....if I had any gripe it's that suite 101 was next door to all the HVAC units so that could get loud if those are all running. Oh, and an 'instruction manual' for the TV/DVD/Cable controls. I'm an idiot if there are more than two remotes.....

All in all I really do give this a 5 star, or five green circles, for a place to stay. Not to toot my own horn, but in a previous life, I stayed in some pretty nice places. What really kicked this one off though was the staff. Everyone was truly friendly, which counts for a lot these days. There was no pretention or any feelings of "Great, another guest with special needs probably..."

Everyone was great. I have to say that the owner probably broke the bank when he conceived this place and it's well worth the extra coin to stay here. Plus it's literally across the parking lot from the Twisp River Brewery!! (just don't order the Buffalo Burger.....have a burger at the Old School House brewery in Winthrop)

Room Tip: 101 might might get loud due to HVAC equipment. That's all I can say about rooms. If they offer...
Reviewed May 13, 2013

We booked the last available room here to break up a long drive home. Judging from the pictures and reviews, I had high expectations.

And for the most part, those expectations were met or exceeded. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. Our room was immaculate, with a bathroom that my wife wants to replicate at home. Breakfast was (for the most part) included in the price of the room. The bed was one of those memory foam mattresses, which was terrific.

I have three nits to pick, all of which are fairly minor:

1. This was the tiniest hotel room we've ever stayed in, including notoriously mall rooms in London. It held a queen bed with about a foot of space on either side, and maybe three feet of space on the end. There was no closet - just a bar to hang some of your clothes on. But we were just there for one night, so it worked out fine. I'm pretty sure that the other rooms are bigger, and have Twisp River views. As I said, this was the last available room.

2. There was no outside window in the room. There *was* a window, but it opened onto the interior stairway from the first to the second floors. That meant that we heard every person going up or down the stairs, and what they were talking about. Perhaps a small sign on the outside of the window, telling the other guests that there are people trying to sleep? Once everyone was in for the night, it got very quiet.

3. I loved that memory foam mattress, but the memory foam pillow seems way too soft. I'm a side sleeper, and it just wouldn't hold my head up. So I slept poorly. But that's just me. My wife slept like a log.

As I said, three minor nits that really didn't affect our enjoyment of the place. We'd recommend it, as long as you don't have claustrophobia.

Reviewed May 4, 2013

Planning for a quick cross-state visit, just happened on the Twisp River ad online. From the moment we entered the front door to the time we sadly said goodbye, our visit was delightful. From the owner's friendly greeting, to the staff's suggestions and assistance, we felt welcomed as old-new friends. The murmurring of the river--the soaking tub--the gas fireplace--the fully equipped kitchen--the special touches throughout were great. I almost hate to say how much we enjoyed our stay for fear of so many others taking our recommendation that we won't be able to find room the next time we want to stay in Twisp. By the way, the town itself was fun with good eateries all around.

Reviewed April 30, 2013

Pleasantly surprised to stumble upon this quality hotel on the river. Super comfortable beds, nice big bathtubs, good TV and extensive cable channels, high quality bedding, etc. Selfishly reluctant to give this review because I don't want too many people to know about it!

Room Tip: One side sits right next to river, so if you want to pay for a view you can.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed April 25, 2013

We were not planning to stay in Twisp but made a last minute decision to spend the night and found this great hoyel right next to the pub. The service was excellent! Super friendly staff. The room was wonderful and everything is still new! Many comforts: great bed, refridgerator, lighting, big bathtub. The best part was that we needed to leave super early to ski so the staff brought us a fantastic breakfast the night before including fresh berries and yogurt. I highky recommend the Twisp River Suites.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 22, 2013

This is a great little boutique hotel nestled in backyard America along a beautiful river. The rooms are awesome we had a suite and my wife said if it ever turns condo we'll buy one. Joe and his staff are fabulous people and did everything you could think of to make our stay a real joy. It had a full kitchen with all the equipment you need to cook you own meals. There are even reading glasses in various spots in the suite for us geezers and geezetes. We plan to go back during the summer for a longer stay. And breakfast is included as is free parking. Short walks to the grocery, butcher shop, bakery and many restaurants. I won't tell you about Hanks grocery but if you don't go there you're missing a real treat. You can buy the same coffee at Hanks that they have in the hotel, when you taste it you'll want to bring some home.

Room Tip: Second floor suite with balcony over river. Bigger then most apartments that I have lived in.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank janmarcy
Also consider these accommodations in or near Twisp
Mt Gardner Inn
Methow River Lodge & Cabins
The Virginian Resort
The Virginian Resort
#7 of 8 in Winthrop

Been to Twisp River Suites? Share your experiences!