“Not a bad motel with a great breakfast and next to an amazing resteraunt”

Best Western Tumwater-Olympia Inn
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Tumwater
Reviewed February 10, 2009

This motel is so so, but it's proximity to a fantastic Mexican restaurant next door makes it my favorite spot to stay in southern Washington. Frankly I would probably rate the motel higher, but for the fact that it's a little pricey (we used a coupon and it was still about $80.00 a night). That said the room was quite spacious for wife and myself and our two preschoolers (two queen beds). There was a microwave and fridge and a sink and vanity separate from the bathroom which was nice. They also serve a great continental breakfast with lots of fresh fruit and those yummy make your own waffles (whoever came up with that concept has probably made a few bucks as it seems all motel have them now). Beware that there are not many tables in the breakfast area and it tends to fill up with business people who seems to hang out there for long periods of time. To end on a positive note, the staff are friendly and they have free newspapers.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Best Western Tumwater-Olympia Inn

Reviewed January 17, 2009

Hotel is close to I5 and across from a Costco and Fred Meyer. Nice size clean rooms. Continetal breakfast plus make your own waffels. Staff was friendly. Overall good value.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 4, 2008

We liked the hotel and the area so much that we stayed another night! We were traveling with extended family around the state of Washington.
We had had a bad experience with a chain hotel other than Best Western in another city the night before related to bad customer service. We found the Best Western Tumwater to be a refreshing experience that revived our belief in good customer service!
Upon arrival, we were greeted by a mature, experienced desk clerk. Throughout our two night stay, this desk clerk helped me on several occasions and had a "do what it takes" attitude with not only me and my family, but all of the other customers that I was able to observe his interactions with. (Extra pillows, help with laundry detergant and change for the laundry machines, mailing letters, suggestions for nearby eating establishments, etc).
Although the hotel is located behind a gas station, it was quiet and inviting. The gas station did not effect the appeal of the hotel to us at all.
The facility and rooms were fresh and clean. The staff (maids, morning desk clerks, breakfast hostess) were very warm and friendly. Their needs did not come before those of the customers (as I have found at other establishments).'
In the lobby were THREE computers for customers---that was a first!
The AAA price in August was a resonable $90/night including tax for a Queen Non-Smoking room for two guests.
Quality at a good price. All in all, a good place to stay for us!

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank Nursemaker
Reviewed August 29, 2008

Please stay somewhere else. The power for our 'wing' of the hotel went out and they seemed put out! We spent an hour waitting to get a call back from the front desk. I got sick of it and walked down to the lobby and got a new room. They never said "Sorry". The office desk people are lazy and do not want to work. The hotel is old and the breakfast area has a total of 12 chairs! That's it. The breakfast was not stocked well, only 2% milk. I had to ask them to clean the bar area and refill the fruit. The location is bad too. Please don't stay here. It also took them 30 minutes to check us in and there was no one in front of us!

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
rmunn1957, marketing director at Best Western Tumwater-Olympia Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2008

I was working the night the power went out in our North wing of the hotel. Though it was a hectic situation, I was very proud of my staff for the efficiency and professionalism they displayed. We contacted all rooms immediately and provided them with rooms in another wing of the hotel and helped them move their belongings. I was surprised at this particular review as I found all our guests who were effected by the outage to be very understanding and appreciative of our efforts to handle the situation. In fact, we had everyone situated in a new room in less than an hour. I am very proud of my staff for their speed and efficiency at check in, and particularly proud of them for their friendly and outgoing attitude.

Reviewed July 27, 2008

I agree with many of the other reviewers - this is a clean, quiet, modern Best Western. Although it's only a hundred yards or so off I-5, and just behind a gas station/mini-mart, it was very quiet at night. The mattress in my queen room was sturdy and comfortable.

Decent complimentary breakfast too, with hardboiled eggs, make your own waffles, Danish, cereal, juices, etc. There is a nice Mexican restaurant right next door open til late (~ 11). I didn't use the fitness room or pool/spa but they looked good.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled solo
1  Thank andsank
Reviewed January 21, 2008

It was quiet and clean. I must say I was surprised at how clean it was. I had stayed in a higher rated hotel a couple weeks before, that could not compare in cleanliness. I requested a 2nd floor room because I did not want to hear people walking above me. I got what I asked for. I'm a late sleeper, so did not experience the breakfast. It is close to the freeway, and I would absolutely stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled solo
Reviewed November 9, 2007

I agree with others who recommend this hotel. Remember, it's the Best Western so don't expect anything too fancy, but it's clean and comfortable with big rooms and a friendly staff. The free breakfast each day is nicer than it needs to be and there are other good extras (lots of cable channels, free wireless and local phone calls). There is an adequate weight room (universal gym, Bowflex treadmill, rickety exercise bike and stair-climber) with a jacuzzi (not hot enough, but pleasant) plus locker rooms with his-and-hers saunas. We stayed here for three nights and had a very pleasant time.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tumwater
La Quinta Inn & Suites - Tumwater / Olympia
#2 of 9 in Olympia
Comfort Inn Tumwater
Comfort Inn Tumwater
#3 of 7 in Tumwater

Been to Best Western Tumwater-Olympia Inn? Share your experiences!