“Reliable lodging for a decent price.”

BEST WESTERN Tumwater-Olympia Inn
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Tumwater
California
“Reliable lodging for a decent price.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2011

We have no complaints about the facility or our room, once we found the building, which is rather hidden. There is very little in the way of restaurants anywhere close, and while the pizza at a local restaurant was good, we would have preferred something else.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TheGrovelandCatLady

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Ontario, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2011

This was my second visit in the last two years. The place is no frills and nothing in terms of view but it's economical, the rooms are spacious and comfortable and the staff are friendly. Complimentary breakfast (pastries, bagels) and free WIFI.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled solo
Traverse City, MI
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2011

We have stayed at this motel many times (we have family in the area), but will not be coming back. The housekeeping staff was friendly and hard-working, but the rooms have had the same drab decor for years. The middle aged gentleman at the front desk was helpful, but the younger women staffing it much of the day bordered on rude. Despite a reservation over a month before our stay, we could not get a confirmation for the type of room we wanted. We asked them to change it on arrival, and were told that was impossible. We were therefore surprised when other family members were immediately given the type of room we had requested with no reservation at all. The time for breakfast closes at 9:30, which we learned when we appeared at 9:31, only to have the cereal whisked away even as we were reaching for it. (We nicknamed the attendant Eva Braun of the Raisin Bran.)The laundry facilities are inadequate and were always in use. We won't stay here again.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
R_Zabroski, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Tumwater-Olympia Inn, responded to this review, May 9, 2011
Rude service is not what you want or expect from any establishment where you spend your hard-earned money. With the economy in the shape it is in, we should try are absolute best to gain and retain every guest that walks through the door. The easiest area to acheive this is by giving great customer service. I am truly sorry you did not receive the level of service you deserve. I promise this will not happen again.

I understand the hotel is starting to show it's age. Our carpet is nearly 7 years old and ready for replacement. There are also several aspects of the guest rooms that could use improvement. This is why we began plans to renovate the property last year and have nearly reached the end of the planning phase and are ready to begin the project. I would love to provide anybody with further information regarding this project. You may call (360) 956-1235 anytime if you would like to know more.

B.C. Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2011

This is a nice clean Best Western, really no frills, but at under $80.00, it is a good quality stay. The lobby is inviting and comfortable. Rooms are clean, and the bed is comfortable. Breakfast is adequate with hard boiled eggs, cereals and breads/danish. I read an opinion on a previous post here that the furniture was too large in the dining area and that more can be accomodated if the furniture was changed. I hope this doesn't happen here. We have had many a breakfast at other Best Westerns where they have those 10 minute metal patio type dining chairs. They come across as a cheap appearance (for indoors)....at the patrons expense. We like the comfy decore at the Best Western Tumwater inn. Oh, and the desk staff are top cut.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Abbotsford, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2011

We stayed 1 night at the Tumwater Inn as part of a mini vaction to celebrate 40 years of marriage. The area was a suitable stop over point and we chose this hotel due to prior experience with Best Western, price and other review comments. The hotel is well located for stop over travel. It's a fairly dated establishment but pretty well maintained given it's age. The complimentary continental breakfast was totally satisfactory and while I agree with other reviews that the eating area is fairly small, the option is available to take the food back to your room if preferred. No issue with that. Overall the hotel met our expectations against the price point. I would add only one comment as an aside: I had taken liberty to pre-advise all hotels included in our trip that is was part of our 40th wedding anniversary celebration. In fact the stay at this hotel was on the actual date. While the check-in clerk happily acknowledged our anniversary, as opposed to all the other hotels, there was no additional comp or whatever. While I realize that options may be limited (eg: B/W in Salem upgraded room to honeymoon suite), to my thinking, in such a location where customer care is your primary competitive tool (as seems to be noted in Gen Mgr contributions to Trip Advisor reviews), a small gesture such as even a flower arrangement would have contributed hugely to our experience. That being said, the absence of such had no bearing on our general impression of the hotel or its service.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
R_Zabroski, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Tumwater-Olympia Inn, responded to this review, March 17, 2011
Thank you for your kind review. I would like to congratulate you on your 40 years of mariage and apologize for not offering you a complimentary item. Customer service is very important to me and I must admit I intended to provide a complimentary bottle of champagne upon your arrival. Unfortunately, I myself am nearing a 40 year milestone, my age, and it seems my memory is not what it used to be. I am so sorry I failed in my opportunity to provide a lasting memory of your 40th anniversary as well as a good impression of the Best Western Tumwater Inn.

I do appreciate the nice comments and would like to take this time to point out to all future Best Western Tumwater Inn guests that our hotel will be renovated soon with great improvements in guest quality and comfort. Details are available by e-mail, or phone.

General Manger
vancouver
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2010

We have stayed at this Best Western several times over the years. The hotel is clean and quiet, the rooms are large and the Mexican restaurant right next door is of excellent quality.
We stay here as much for the hotel as the restaurant..

The bed was very comfortable and the breakfast was very good as well. It has very easy access on and off the freeway but is just far enough off the freeway not to hear any noise. You get good value for the money paid but we visit off season so I don't know what the rates would be in the summer. We definitely will stay here again.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Spokane, Washington
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2010

Checked in at the Best Western Tumwater. I have educated myself with regards to bedbug prevention, so when my son and I entered the room the first thing we did was check the beds. We pulled up the edges of the sheets then my son pulled back the mattress from the box springs and found them! They were in-between the mattress and box springs on both beds! We quickly left the room and told the woman at the check-in desk about what we found. She was rightfully horrified and checked us out without any problem and no charge. My son went back to the room with her (and several people we were traveling with) to show her so we could prove our claim. She was thoroughly disgusted. We left with three other families who refused to stay there. All and all, we got lucky. Some people are still in denial about the problem or uneducated and would have stayed there and brought them home with them. Room 245

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank Travellite09
R_Zabroski, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Tumwater-Olympia Inn, responded to this review, November 4, 2010
I would like to ensure every guest that reads this review that a professional pest control company actually trained in bed bug detection was brought in to check the room referred to by this reviewer. He found NO EVIDENCE of any current or past bed bug infestation. He stated to me that single bed bugs are VERY difficult to find without the use of specially trained bed bug sniffing dogs.

We will continue to maintain a clean and comfortable hotel for our current and future guests and take issue with any review that states an opinion as a true fact.

Best Western Tumwater Inn
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tumwater
La Quinta Inn & Suites - Tumwater / Olympia
Hilton Garden Inn Olympia
Hampton Inn & Suites Olympia Lacey
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Olympia
Hotel RL Olympia by Red Lion

Been to BEST WESTERN Tumwater-Olympia Inn? Share your experiences!