“Intimate spot for wine and food”
Review of Uncork & Unwind

Uncork & Unwind
Ranked #4 of 50 Restaurants in Tumwater
Cuisines: Wine Bar
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Welcome to Uncork and Unwind, the first and only wine bar in Tumwater, WA. Uncork & Unwind specializes in Washington wine, specifically targeting smaller to midsized wineries. You'll note when reviewing our menu, we have several bottles of wine open, so you have a wide variety of wines at your finger tips to sample, via a wine flight, by the glass or share a bottle with friends.
Stanwood,WA
“Intimate spot for wine and food”
Reviewed September 28, 2013

I looked up eateries in Tumwater to find a quiet spot for conversation with my brother. I find it hard to find a good place to actually enjoy food and conversation without yelling. I hit the jack pot with this place! The wine selection was great, and the flights a good way to try out the selections. The menu is limited but delicious. The salads are super fresh and tasty, the pastas hearty and the appetizers just perfect to pair with flights. The setting was so enchanting too; a charming modern/rustic feel with warm hues and ambiance. The perfect place for a quiet intimate evening with both spouses or friends. This place is truly a gem...good spot for a date, and fairly priced. A shout out to Michelle (owner)-she knew we wanted to have dessert but we were so full and chose to pass...we found 2 chocolate truffles in our "to go" sack upon arriving home....thank you!

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank dklmwl

Custer, Washington
“Oh wow!”
Reviewed July 30, 2013

This little place was exactly what we were looking for. My sister-in-law and I were in Olympia for a short getaway. We had been downtown for most of the day and wanted a place where we could get a glass of wine and relax. I think we struck gold. The building is a wonderful old house with both indoor and outdoor seating, lots of warm wood and what I think must be the original window frames. They serve some interesting wines by taste, flight and glass, reds and whites. We both went for flights and I was able to taste some wines I had not had before. My favorite was an Albarino which was new to me. We got a plate of bread, cheeses and fruit (Beecher's cheese -- 3 kinds -- yes!) that was perfect with our wine. For dessert, we each had an enormous truffle which were killer. I had a taste of port with mine and was a happy person. The service was really very good. Pretty much every question we asked was answered with a "yes" -- "Can I get some beer to go?" (for that IPA guy at home) "Can we buy glasses?" Their menu isn't huge, apps, fondues and a couple pastas but then dinner isn't the point. This is a place to go after work, after shopping or to simply have a quiet moment. The street it is on seemed fairly busy but the traffic noise doesn't register. My wish is that I lived closer. I'd be a regular.

• Visited July 2013
2 Thank Notthatcuster

Been to Uncork & Unwind? Share your experiences!