“Spacious comfortable stay”

Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Tumwater
Singapore
“Spacious comfortable stay”
Reviewed July 30, 2014

Very big and spacious room, clean and comfortable. Comes with a kitchenette with microwave, stove and large fridge. However, there are no plates, cutlery or any pots and pans available in the room. You need to request for these at the reception. Strangely, there are no air dryer in the room also. Guess I need to request at the reception for that also?! Anyway, there is free wifi and parking. Breakfast is included but it's grab and go type. Seven-eleven convenience store and Jack in the Box just next door within walking distance.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JaimeT22

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Davis, California
Reviewed July 21, 2014

I did not have a choice of smoking or non-smoking, and ended up in a "smoking" room. Pee-you! Wanted to pack up my clothing to avoid lingering stale tobacco scent on them.
Cleaning products were left in the bathroom. Generally felt "cheap," but I guess it is cheap.

Room Tip: Non-smoking!
Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Cindy D

Travelers are raving about these Tumwater hotels

Shoreline, Washington
Reviewed July 3, 2014

I've been staying here on a weekly basis for years, and really appreciate the clean and quiet nature of the hotel, as well as the helpful front desk people. Lots of thanks to Tara & Jess for making my stay so nice.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
San Diego, California
Reviewed June 3, 2014

... then this hotel is for you. If you like next to flat pillows, you'll like this hotel also.
Stayed 3 nights here and by the last day, both my daughter, who never gets back aches, and I could barely move when we woke up.

Although we didn't cook, the little kitchen was stocked nicely.
A chair was jammed into the corner by the bed, but we still had to move it in order to open the nightstand drawer. The closet had a folding luggage rack that, when you opened it out, it was so narrow, it wouldn't hold a suitcase?
There are no hairdryers in the room, and if you don't notice until the morning when you're in a hurry (and wet), when you call the front desk, they can't bring it up so you'll need to run down and get it. (I don't think I've been to a hotel without a hairdryer in the room in years!) Unfortunately, it just wasn't my week to stay at Extended Stay because the hairdryer I received made a whole lot of racket, but only a whisp of air.

Staff was always nice and polite.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank absinthine
poulsbo, Wa 98370
Reviewed April 28, 2014

Love the kitchen, warm wood floors and an above average bed. No frills, just value and exceptional convenience. Always helpful front desk. Big smiles and useful source of information. We have stayed many times with Extended Stay. We prefer the floor plan with the walled in bed and bathroom. We will always choose Extended Stay if we have the option. No oven so you have to plan the meal carefully, a bit like camping, and you need to request extra place settings if the kids and grandkids are comming over for pasta Desk is always willing to help.

Room Tip: ask for non-smoking
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank moejo62
NY NY
Reviewed March 25, 2014

One of my worst hotel experiences, and I've had many. The issues: (1) I was surprised to learn, that in a state like WA, smoking rooms are still available. The front desk clerk informed me that she had to "unfortunately" put me in a non-smoking room. I'm a NON-smoker, and the very thouIght that I could wind up in a smoking room horrified me. And the hotel does smell of smoke. (2) I was put on a ground floor witih cars right outside my room. I couldn't sleep from headlights going on/off and car noise. (3) the room was dark and dingy- I slept fully-clothed and didn't even want to get under the sheets (4) in the room layout, the bathroom opens right into the kitchenette. I didn't use the kitchenette, but shuddered at the thought of cooking while looking at a toilet. (5) hotel staff was generally indifferent.

I normally try to balance the negative with some positive, but nothing positive here. Maybe the price? But no, even at a low price, I'll look for other alternatives.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
4 Thank trappedinfrance
Tumwater, Washington
Reviewed March 7, 2014

My wife, Gino (our beagle) and I have stayed here for approximately one week. We sold our home and are searching for a new one. Tara, Front Desk, is extremely courteous and professional. She has gone out of her way to make our stay extremely pleasant. We are very pleased with our stay here. The price is right and the rooms are clean.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tumwater
Hotel RL Olympia by Red Lion
Hilton Garden Inn Olympia
Best Western Tumwater-Olympia Inn
Hampton Inn & Suites Olympia Lacey
The Governor Hotel, a Coast Hotel
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Olympia

Been to Extended Stay America - Olympia - Tumwater? Share your experiences!