Extended Stay America - Olympia - Tumwater
$66
  • Pool
$79
$71
Hotel RL Olympia by Red Lion(Olympia)(Great Value!)
$119
$99
Quality Inn(Olympia)
$109
All reviewsjack in the boxgrab and goallow dogsoatmealkitchen itemscommunity collegesouth puget soundeleven storesized fridgerooms are largeupon checkpleasant stayvisiting familyroad tripfast fooda great place to staybeds were comfortable
Reviewed March 25, 2014

One of my worst hotel experiences, and I've had many. The issues: (1) I was surprised to learn, that in a state like WA, smoking rooms are still available. The front desk clerk informed me that she had to "unfortunately" put me in a non-smoking room. I'm a NON-smoker, and the very thouIght that I could wind up in a smoking room horrified me. And the hotel does smell of smoke. (2) I was put on a ground floor witih cars right outside my room. I couldn't sleep from headlights going on/off and car noise. (3) the room was dark and dingy- I slept fully-clothed and didn't even want to get under the sheets (4) in the room layout, the bathroom opens right into the kitchenette. I didn't use the kitchenette, but shuddered at the thought of cooking while looking at a toilet. (5) hotel staff was generally indifferent.

I normally try to balance the negative with some positive, but nothing positive here. Maybe the price? But no, even at a low price, I'll look for other alternatives.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
4  Thank trappedinfrance
Reviewed March 7, 2014

My wife, Gino (our beagle) and I have stayed here for approximately one week. We sold our home and are searching for a new one. Tara, Front Desk, is extremely courteous and professional. She has gone out of her way to make our stay extremely pleasant. We are very pleased with our stay here. The price is right and the rooms are clean.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed January 27, 2014

My daughter and I stayed here 2 nights while she was visiting Evergreen State College. It's probably the closest hotel to the college. I thought the place was great for the price. The room was clean and the staff was very friendly. I was really surprised to find the room had a very nice kitchen area, considering we just reserved a regular double room...full sized refrigerator, sink, nice microwave, countertop burners, dishes and silverware. Each bed has about 6 pillows of varying firmness so you can pick which you like. There's a to-go continental breakfast that includes breakfast bars, fruit, muffins, oatmeal packets, coffee and hot water. There's a large shopping center just over the highway and down the road a ways.

The cons - I found some listings online that said there was a fitness room - there is not. There's no pool, if that's what you need. It's easy to see from the highway but not as easy to get to. We drove through the 7-11 parking lot several times until we saw a small entrance leading off the access road. The wifi is very slow, although you can upgrade to faster for a price. They don't have daily maid service but you can request extra towels or to have your trash picked up if needed.

Overall, I suspect this will be the place I'll stay when I visit my daughter at college in the future.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed January 25, 2014

I am very happy with all aspects of my stay - I've been here almost 4 months and have felt safe - it has been a great place to transition to a new location - yet to be determined. The staff, especially Tara, Ashley, and Sarah , have been very friendly and helpful. I have traveled all over the world and have stayed at the best hotels, and this is on a par for value, hospitality, and overall service.

Room Tip: Is is quieter away from traffic - at the back of the building. Staying on the 2nd or 3rd floor adds to the feeling of domfort
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed December 28, 2013

We expected to stay for a couple of weeks. It will now be 4 months. The longer you stay, the better the price. There is also a special arrangement by calling Corporate, especially if you pay in advance.

Room Tip: Rooms away from the freeway are quieter.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business