“Dirty room and noise; unacceptable”

Extended Stay America - Olympia - Tumwater
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Tumwater
Victoria, Canada
“Dirty room and noise; unacceptable”
Reviewed November 17, 2013 via mobile

Our one night stay at Extended Stay in Tumwater/Olympia was a complete disappointment. We checked-in late evening, and shortly after realized simple expectations when staying at a hotel were not met; clean room and quiet accommodations.

It was obvious the room had not been cleaned since the previous guest had checked-out. Dirty toilet. Garbage in trash bins. No drinking glasses or coffee mugs. Carpet needed vacuum. No dish soap. Bedding on queen sized bed was fit with twin sheets and was thin.

Again, simple expectations when staying in any hotel is a clean room and quiet accommodations. Front desk closes at 11pm and is literally abandoned all night. This is unacceptable when you check-in and find major problems with your room. The rest of the night was not pleasant; blaring television from the room above and snoring from a guest above or next door. Again, how can Extended Stay rectify a poor and uncomfortable situation for a guest when the hotel is literally not available overnight?

I will not recommend this hotel to anyone. I hope it was just bad timing and an isolated incident.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Ryan A
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Olympia - Tumwater, responded to this review, December 30, 2013
Ryan - Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. Please accept our apologies that you where checked in to a dirty room. As this hotel's manager, I can assure you that this is an isolated incident and I will be working with my team to ensure this doesn't happen in the future. Also, I want to let you know that we always have someone here on-site to assist guests with any issues they may be having. If staff is not available at the front desk, they can be reached by the phone in the lobby. I apologize that you were not made aware of that.

Thank you for your feedback. We hope to see you again soon to show you our enhanced efforts.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Bellingham, Washington
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Asked for room on higher floor and was told room next to entry on ground floor was the only one available. Talking and laughing outside window went on early and late. Smoke alarm went off in the middle of the night and fire department roamed around with no explanation. A pile of dry macaroni, paper scraps and dirt adorned the middle of the carpet and heater didn't work in the room with no extra blankets. But the microwave worked and ice trays were full.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Tumwater, Washington, United States
Reviewed September 30, 2013

Front desk staff is untrained and not helpful. Fridge in room was not turned on so we couldn't keep our food cold and there is no ice machine. Utensils were dirty. Coffee pot still has a coffee filter in it from who knows when, it's moldy! The bed was badly made with the top sheet and blanket practically short sheeted. The room smelled terrible of chemicals.
This hotel looks nice and was fairly comfortable. The people and the work they are doing are the problem.
I know this is a hard job because I've done it before. But if people would just do the job they are supposed to do right the first time, it is possible to do it right.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank BNT71185
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Olympia - Tumwater, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. We appreciate you letting us know about the cleanliness issues in the room. I want to let you know that this is definitely not our standard here. We are sorry for this issue, and are ensuring that guest rooms are inspected thoroughly before guest check-in. Still, I am happy to read that you where satisfied with your overall stay at our hotel.

Reviewed September 7, 2013 via mobile

Just somewhere to sleep really,no frills. But our room did have a mini kitchen ,not really any grocery around to utilize. 1 fast food place,so that's limited. And bring your blow dryer and toiletries,none provided except I sml bar of soap.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank Wickedblondie
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Olympia - Tumwater, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. I'm glad that we were able to accommodate you during your stay. I would like to let you know that we do have hair dryers and additional toiletries for guest at the front desk; I apologize that you were not informed of that at check-in.

Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

Rooms were adequate, basic. Beds were comfortable.

Basically, you need to ask for everything you need (hair dryer, soap) but the service is friendly.

No maid service or fitness center.

Free coffee and pre-packaged breakfast bars / muffins.

Located right off highway, next to 7-11 and Jack in the Box.

Stay here if its close to where you want to be... Otherwise no reason to pick this place.

• Stayed August 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Olympia - Tumwater, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I am glad to read that you were pleased with the friendliness of our staff and the cleanliness of your room. As well, it is great to read that you liked our grab-and-go breakfast as well as our hotel's location.

Albany, Ohio
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Staff was great, room was clean (appeared newly remodeled), microwave and refrigerator worked well, and had a free Grab-N-Go breakfast every morning...everything I needed to live comfortably throughout my 38 day stay. The Tumwater location was only 20 min away from JBLM where I was working for the 38 days, so the drive wasn't too bad. There is a Mall within a few miles of the Extended Stay, so I was always close to a store for anything I needed. Great place...hope I get to stay there again.

Room Tip: I suppose it depends on your preferences....I was on the first floor and enjoyed the convenience of...