“Simple, no frills - kitchenette in room - free wifi, coffee snacks”

Extended Stay America - Olympia - Tumwater
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Tumwater
Brooklyn, New York
“Simple, no frills - kitchenette in room - free wifi, coffee snacks”
Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

Rooms were adequate, basic. Beds were comfortable.

Basically, you need to ask for everything you need (hair dryer, soap) but the service is friendly.

No maid service or fitness center.

Free coffee and pre-packaged breakfast bars / muffins.

Located right off highway, next to 7-11 and Jack in the Box.

Stay here if its close to where you want to be... Otherwise no reason to pick this place.

• Stayed August 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Olympia - Tumwater, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I am glad to read that you were pleased with the friendliness of our staff and the cleanliness of your room. As well, it is great to read that you liked our grab-and-go breakfast as well as our hotel's location.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Albany, Ohio
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Staff was great, room was clean (appeared newly remodeled), microwave and refrigerator worked well, and had a free Grab-N-Go breakfast every morning...everything I needed to live comfortably throughout my 38 day stay. The Tumwater location was only 20 min away from JBLM where I was working for the 38 days, so the drive wasn't too bad. There is a Mall within a few miles of the Extended Stay, so I was always close to a store for anything I needed. Great place...hope I get to stay there again.

Room Tip: I suppose it depends on your preferences....I was on the first floor and enjoyed the convenience of...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Mark1073
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Olympia - Tumwater, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
Mark - I appreciate you taking the time to write such a positive review. It's great to hear that we were so conveniently located for your job and all your needs. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
Nanjing, China
Reviewed July 10, 2013

I stay here in July and I will stay here for six months. I am highly satisfactory with all aspects,kitchen,bathe room,water,breakfast,sunshine and cost. Only the beds are a little too soft.The hotel is clean and more convenient life.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Luyu7day
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Olympia - Tumwater, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so glad to hear that you have been pleased with your room and all of the amenities our hotel has to offer. As well, I am pleased that your room is clean and that you find our location to be so convenient.

Thank you again for posting your review. We are so glad that you will be will us for the next six months and we hope that we can be of service to you in the future.
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Best value is if you stay for a week or longer. Probems while rare for me have always been quickly remedied, especially by Emily or Victoria at the front desk. Location is good right off the 101 and I-5. While the trip to JBLM is a little long it is direct and quick.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank Stormraker
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Olympia - Tumwater, responded to this review, July 5, 2013
The team and I appreciate your positive remarks. I am so glad that the staff was attentive to your needs and quickly corrected any issues that arose during your stay, especially Emily and Victoria. As well, I am happy that you enjoyed our convenient location.

Seattle, WA
Reviewed June 8, 2013

We stayed here in April, Our room had been renovated save for the kitchen area. The rest of the room had fresh paint, carpeting, linens, upholstery, etc. The bed was firm but must have been comfortable because I slept well. The entire room was very clean. The checkout process was slightly cumbersome, as the front desk clerk had to navigate through many screens in order to close out the bill. The "grab & go" breakfast consisted of things like apples, cereal, coffee and small prepackaged muffins. Some Costco-type, fresher muffins would be an easy improvement, along with another type of fruit like oranges or bananas. The hotel should also look into their employee scheduling - the same clerk that was working as late as 11pm was also there at about 6am the next morning.... We were planning on staying here again, but now that the prices have gone up over $20.00/nt., we will reconsider. The room is not worth $100.00/nt.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ScarlettMX5
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Olympia - Tumwater, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
Scarlett - I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I am so pleased to know that you where happy with our renovations. As well, I am glad you found your room to be clean and that you enjoyed our grab-and-go breakfast. Lastly, please know, the overnight shift for our staff is from 11:00pm to 7:00am, so that would by why you saw the same agent assisting with your needs.

Once more, we truly appreciate your remarks. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.
Great Falls, Montana
Reviewed June 5, 2013

We stayed here for a week and were very pleased. The beds are a little too firm, but other than that not bad. We had an issue with the shower and it was handled quickly and expertly. We used the guest laundry a couple of times and the only suggestion I would have is to install a change machine. The hotel is clean and the room was quiet. We had an issue with some kids that were staying upstairs (jumping off the beds and other running around) when we first arrived and the desk handled it immediately. We will be staying here on our next trip.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Sue I
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Olympia - Tumwater, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Sue - Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. I am glad to read that you were pleased with your overall stay, especially your clean, quiet room. Please accept my apologies for any issue you experienced; however, I am happy to know we were able to correct them quickly and to your satisfaction.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Tumwater
Hotel RL Olympia by Red Lion
Hilton Garden Inn Olympia
Best Western Tumwater-Olympia Inn
Hampton Inn & Suites Olympia Lacey
The Governor Hotel, a Coast Hotel
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Olympia

Been to Extended Stay America - Olympia - Tumwater? Share your experiences!