“Second Best Mexican Restaurant in the Area”
Review of Plaza Jalisco

Plaza Jalisco
Ranked #20 of 49 Restaurants in Tumwater
Cuisines: Mexican
Description: on Capitol Boulevard near Trosper Street Exit, next to Best Western
Tumwater, Washington
“Second Best Mexican Restaurant in the Area”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Huge meals - genuine Mexican - great atmosphere - also check out original restaurant just off I-5 in Chehalis

• Visited April 2013

Mccleary, Washington
“Awesome food”
Reviewed January 3, 2014

Very clean place and you receive plenty of food for your money and great lunch specials! I love the Seafood Enchiladas!

Visited September 2013
Victoria, Canada
“Food was OK but not the best Mexican Food”
Reviewed August 13, 2013

We had dinner here since we like Mexican food and Plaza Jalisco was right next door to our hotel. We just wanted to sit and enjoy our margarita before ordering dinner but the waiter kept coming back every 2 or 3 minutes to take our order after we told him we would just like to have time to sit and enjoy our drink first. The table next to us had patrons wanting to do the same and he was bugging them as well. It was 5:30 pm so it was not like they were closing soon. After he started to get rude we decided to order. I had the combo plate with a chili relleno and a chicken burrito. It was the worst chili relleno that I have every had. It had a thick batter about a half an inch thick covering it and the chili inside was small. The coating should be very light but I think they were trying to make something small look big. My chicken burrito was good and it came with a huge portion of rice and beans which were ok but nothing special. Also the margaritas were not that great either. They didn't even taste like they had any alcohol in them. When we asked the waiter how many ounces of liquor was in them he just said "I don't know" and the sad thing was, he turned out to be the owner! Great! We won't be going back when there are other Mexican restaurants in town that we have been told are better.

• Visited August 2013
Olympia, Washington
“Friendly place to eat great food”
Reviewed May 18, 2013

One of the better restaurants around the Tumwater area. Their combination plates are tasty, well prepared and B I G ! ! ! The appetizer salsa and chips are IMO the best. I needed to take some with me, plenty there for two meals. Fajitas aren't over cooked, so they're tender. I love their tortillas de harina much better tasting than most restaurants serve. Atmosphere is relaxing, music isn't too loud, staff are competent, prompt and helpful. The restaurant is located at 5212 Capitol Blvd, back from the road. Recommended~

• Visited May 2013
2 Thank SBruce J
Vancouver Island, Canada
“Lots to eat”
Reviewed March 25, 2013

We tried this restaurant because we could walk from our hotel. We were greeted immediately and, once seated, nachos and salsa arrived quickly. The nachos were good but the salsa was a bit bland. The meals were hot (temperature) and plentiful and as is typical in many Mexican restaurants there were lots of beans and rice; there is no need to go hungry. The food will not satisfy everyone's taste but there was lots to eat.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank MesaMac

Been to Plaza Jalisco? Share your experiences!