“Perfect for our Max Event, Nice Conference Room, Great Service, Quiet Surroundings, Peaceful Nights Sleep”

GuestHouse Inn & Suites Tumwater
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Tumwater
Saint Helens, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2011

A Real Success Story for our Business Event! The Staff could not have been better! I do plan to have another business event at this place, Their conference room was perfect for us, the rooms were spacious and clean, I was a little concerned for my guests for our event would not be well served or that it would be too noisy, but to my delight I did not hear anything but praises from our guests, and the rooms were in fact very quiet. All thumbs up from me! Did I mention the Great Staff! Deana was very accommodating and met all of our needs for hosting our Max Event. Brian was very helpful in setting up the audio-visual equipment, I received so many compliments about our choice to host our Max Event at this place, that I can't wait to do it again! We will be back! Jerry Allen - Newhealth.max4u@comcast.net

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
  • Turkish first
Camano Island, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2010

I made my reservation via the 800 number earlier in the month, and they placed me at a hotel quite a distance from my meeting place. I had expected to be across the street at the Guesthouse or the Comfort Inn, both with the same general manager. GM Tammy showed me the meaning of "customer service" when she made multiple calls to try and get me a refund from my guaranteed reservation at the inconvenient hotel--to the other hotel, to the reservation line, to customer service for the facility, and finally to inquire if a room was available at either of her two hotels, which were in the desired location. I ended up staying at the Guesthouse in spite of having to pay for BOTH hotel rooms for the same night. Her helpful attitude was in stark contrast to the other hotel that flat out refused to accommodate the change in location, and refund my already-charged credit card. I found the Guesthouse to be very clean, well stocked; the room was spacious, and quiet, in spite of being very near the Interstate highway.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Spokane Valley, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2010

I stay here a several times a year. Not fancy but quiet. Rooms had sinks and dishes which is nice. Close to I-5 freeway.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
Vancouver, BC
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2010

Won this on priceline for $49.00.
Room was a decent size, but bed was not overly comfortable.
They have disney channel, which is a bonus (most hotels don't have it these days). Little kitchenette was handy. We stayed here for 2 nights.
Used the pool and it seemed dirty. The hot tub was emptied out and DISGUSTING black crud all over it. The next day it was working, but no way would we step foot in it.
Air conditioning worked well. Dominos pizza delivered quickly and it is cheap (5.99 for a medium pizza).
Location is fine for a quick overnighter stop while traveling on the I-5, but is sooooo far from anything in the way of restaurants and fast food.
Typical hotel breakfast. Waffles were good. Staff was friendly to us.
I might stay there again if traveling along that highway and needed an easy stop over spot.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank liz413413
Vancouver
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2010

This is a 2 star motel, no better. I booked on Priceline for $49 (parameters = 2.5 stars, Tumwater). With taxes and fees it was $62 and I suppose was worth about that. The breakfast buffet included cheap muffins, bagels, bread, 4 kinds of cereal, apples, bananas, orange juice, apple juice and horrible coffee. Room was reasonably clean but the bed was not comfortable (rock hard). Staff member did help us with a situation and a nearby pizza place (menu in motel room directory) delivered fantastic pizza very fast. The other guests were a bit scary and generally rude. Two of my three traveling companions got a urinary tract infection after swimming n the pool and the hot tub looked gross. All in all it was okay for one night. Probably wouldn’t stay there again though.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank RainingAgain

Travelers are raving about these Tumwater hotels

Seattle, Washington
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2010

The clerk at the desk was unapologetic when she told us we only could have 2 rooms not the 3 that we had reserved well in advance. I showed her my confirmation numbers and she still would not give me the 3rd room. Our room was to be a non smoking room but it smelled like smoke. and we had to cram our group into 2 rooms since there was no alternative given.

One positive note was the clerk at the desk in the morning was very pleasant and expressed her sympathy for the error.....

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank kto51
Victoria, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2010

We booked our room via the guesthouse web site on April 23 at 9:30 pm for a May 22nd stay. In early May I received my Visa statement and noticed that we had already been billed for the room. When I called the hotel to explain the problem, they said too bad, we are keeping your $135. They were not willing to acknowledge the booking problem let alone discuss any solutions.

DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL IF YOU VALUE YOUR MONEY!!!!!!! H

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
3 Thank 1december
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tumwater
Comfort Inn Tumwater
Ramada Olympia
Ramada Olympia
#2 of 9 in Olympia
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,131 reviews

Been to GuestHouse Inn & Suites Tumwater? Share your experiences!