“Quiet getaway...”

Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Tumwater
Hoquiam, Washington, United States
“Quiet getaway...”
Reviewed February 26, 2013

Hubby and I had a chance to getaway. So I booked a room cheapest place yet had what we needed. Pool, hot breakfast, micro/fridge. When I checked my email confirmation the dates were for that day. Which I made the reservation at 11:30pm online via 3rd party. So I called the hotel and explained the mix up and Eric made a call to management then called me back and got it cleared up, Thanks. Good breakfast choices. I even made our waffles w/out burning them. He cooks at home. Was a bit noisy but what can you expect being that close to I-5. We'd stay there again. If we ever have another chance sooner than the next 5 yrs.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Mike K, Manager at GuestHouse Inn & Suites Tumwater, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Thank you for your feedback! I am glad that we were able to accomodate all of your needs. Aerick is a wonderful employee and I am happy that he was able to clear up the mistake for you guys. I can't wait to have you stay with us again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
  • Turkish first
Wisconsin
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Stayed here during a business trip. It was clean and well maintained but had some issues that kept me from rating it higher. The decore is dated. The water pressure in the showers and sinks needs work and don't expect to get more than luke warm water in your room. Noise from the highway easily penetrates even closed windows. The continental breakfast is the standard fare which you might have to eat standing due to the very small dining area. What added to my lower rating was the daily presence of an elderly guest with an agressive, unpredictable attitude and foul mouth who relished intimidating other guests. This elderly guest was known by the management and was never approached to cease his unwelcomed conduct. But there was a shining star working the front desk at this inn by the name of Ebony. Best public relations tool this place has.

Room Tip: Try the south side away from the highway.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. Ebony is an amazing asset to this hotel. She works incredibly hard to give every guest the best experience that she possibly can.

I want to address some of the concerns that you had. You are not the first guest to comment on the size of our breakfast area. We have opened up or meeting room on busy mornings as a way to free up space for all guests to enjoy breakfast. Also, our maintenance team has been hard at work making sure that water pressure is improved in all of our guest rooms.

I also want to assure you that the guest in question was removed from the hotel shortly after your stay and that the new management team will not allow unruly guests to disrupt anyone's stay at our establishment. I hope that we get the chance to host you again in the future and show you the improvements that we have made.
Tumwater, Washington, United States
Reviewed February 14, 2013

We stayed in a spa room, for a special occasion. The room was ready, clean, with all the ammenities advertised. We had a great stay, the front desk gentleman working that night showed us around and pointed out where everything was. ABOVE AND BEYOND! The hotel was quiet, and smelled and looked warm and inviting upon entering. Plenty of parking, and close to many restaraunts, shopping, and close/ easy freeway acess. WE LOVED OUR STAY! Would definately stay again!

Room Tip: Romantic spa room with fireplace! Gotta try it!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for taking the time to give us your feedback! I am glad to hear that you had a such a good experience with us. Our staff works very hard and it is great to hear back from guests about the outstanding work that they do. I hope that we get to see you back here soon. Thank you so much for choosing the Guesthouse Inn & Suites.
Boise, Idaho
Reviewed February 2, 2013

I was a guest, along with a colleague, Mike, on January 17 when we were dropped off by another local colleague. My partner and I were starving hungry but found out we had no transportation and our other colleague wouldn't be back for several hours. We felt stranded for food because the nearest eating location was about a half mile walk from the hotel. The desk staff were helpful in pointing out some eating places and providing directions. One of the very friendly and helpful staff, Amy I believe, knew some mutual friends of ours so we did establish some "trust". As my partner and I were preparing for a chilly walk in the fog to find a restaurant, the other young lady, (?), working with Amy said she would get her car and give us a ride and even let us choose the location. We are indebted to such thoughtful employees. They deserve a bouquet of flowers for their thoughtfulness toward us. I may be working in that area again this spring and if I do, flowers are in order. Thank you so much, Carter and Mike

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Amy H, Director of Sales at GuestHouse Inn & Suites Tumwater, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
It was our absolute pleasure to take care of you and your colleague. We are glad we were able to earn your trust and satisfy your hunger. Thank you for choosing the GuestHouse Inn & Suites and for sharing such a kind review with us and other travelers. We hope you will visit again soon!
Tacoma, Washington
Reviewed January 10, 2013

My husband and I stayed new years eve night, to get out of the house for alone time. The guesthouse is a perfect get away :) ) Clean room, cozy fireplace and wonderful jet tub. Location is close to the freeway, but quiet. Sleep like a baby. The front desk had a VIP posted for us with a gift bag. We have stayed there twice before this and will return again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Amy H, Director of Sales at GuestHouse Inn & Suites Tumwater, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
Thank you so much for your feedback on your recent stay. We are so happy that we were able to provide you with an enjoyable getaway. Please come see us again soon!
Belmar, NJ
Reviewed December 12, 2012

My wife and I stayed here for 5 nights and were very satisfied. The staff was extra friendly and quick to assist. Room is a bit dated but really clean. Electronics are old (the TV needs to warm up) you can even slip in a VCR tape if you have one. The convenient computer access room in the lobby could use an updated system and improved internet access as the system was unavailable for 2 days during our stay. Loved the pool and hot tub which was very clean. It could use a couple of plants to reduce the barrenness of the place. Access to Interstate 5 is excellent making this hotel very convenient for sightseeing. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: ask for a view of the forest rather than the parking lot.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
ComfortInnTumwater, Director of Sales at GuestHouse Inn & Suites Tumwater, responded to this review, December 14, 2012
Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to post your review. We greatly appreciate both your positive feedback and suggestions as to what we can do better. We'll work hard to continue to give our guests an outstanding experience. I can tell you we are planning to upgrade the TVs in the near future. We look forward to seeing you again, and hope you enjoy the upgrades.
Victoria, Canada
Reviewed November 30, 2012

Check in was quick, our room was on the second floor and to our surprise it was a suite fully furnished including all the dishes and cutlery. Nice and clean and quiet even though it was close to the freeway. The free breakfast was as good as any other on our trip (thanks to Ebony).
It was also nice that the pool and hot tub stayed open until 12:00 midnight. Only two draw backs, the fan in the bathroom was very noisy and couldn't be turned off and there are no restaurants within walking distance of the hotel. We wouldn't hesitate in staying there again.

Room Tip: Clean quite and well priced
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us and other travelers. We really appreciate it. I have passed along your kind words to Ebony and the rest of our staff.

And thank you for bringing the issue with the bathroom fan to our attention so we can take immediate action to fix it for the next guest.

We look forward to your next visit to the Olympia/ Tumwater area. Please make sure to stop by the desk so we can provide you with several restaurant menus that deliver straight to your room.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tumwater
Comfort Inn Tumwater
Ramada Olympia
Ramada Olympia
#2 of 9 in Olympia
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,145 reviews

Been to GuestHouse Inn & Suites Tumwater? Share your experiences!