We stayed at the Tumwater Guesthouse Inn on two different occasions last month. The hotel is clean and pleasantly decorated, although a little worn in spots. Tea and coffee were available all day in the reception area. The staff was very friendly and helpful. There was a small indoor pool and spa which my kids enjoyed splashing around in.
We had a king bedroom adjoining a double queen room. Both rooms were fairly spacious and well-equipped. The king bedroom included a kitchenette with microwave, small fridge, sink, even a few dishes. There was a table and two chairs off to the side.
The second room had a sofabed in addition to the 2 queen beds. This made it possible to comfortably sleep 5 people in the room. One of the queen beds had a tempurpedic mattress. My kids liked sleeping on this but it felt too soft and sinky for my tastes. This room also had a refrigerator and microwave, small table and chairs.
There were no restaurants in the immediate vicinity, but the front desk has a list of restaurants nearby that you can try. Their first recommendation was close but turned out to be expensive, entrees in the 20-30$ range. We ended up driving to a shopping area with several good family restaurants including Applebees and Olive Garden. We got a little turned around trying to find our way back to the hotel in the dark without a map. Make sure you get good directions or a map of the area.
Breakfast was included with the room. It was just OK, however they had a machine to make fresh waffles. The breakfast area was small and only seated a dozen people or so.
When I checked in to the hotel, I was given a registration form to sign that had a higher room rate on it than what had been quoted to me on the phone. Thankfully, they had sent me a confirmation by email which I had brought along, and was able to get the lower room rate.
It was interesting to find out that the Comfort Inn next door has the same owner as the Tumwater Guesthouse.
This was a nice hotel in a good location, right off the freeway on the way to Seattle. The room layouts made it an especially good value for our family.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An elegantly appointed hotel nestled in the forests of Tumwater, yet minutes from the Washington State Capitol. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Reservation Counter and Despegar.com so you can book your GuestHouse Inn & Suites Tumwater reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Guesthouse Inn And Suites Tumwater
- Guesthouse Inn & Suites Tumwater Hotel Tumwater