“Nice lunch” 4 of 5 bubbles

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Nice lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2012

I had a meatball sub here last week & it was really good. The bun was super fresh & the entire sandwich was very tasty.

1 Thank Macque411

Olympia, WA
“So Disappointed.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2012

Meconi's has been a favorite of mine for years. I've ordered sandwiches for working lunches and my coworkers loved them too. I've had excellent service at the Lacey and Olympia Meconi's in the past.

However, the Tumwater Meconi's seriously disappointed me last Thursday night. I called in an order for pick up because I was in a hurry to grab the food to meet up with a friend and deliver her son's dinner before his baseball game. When I arrived there was quite a line, but it was close to dinner so that can be expected. While waiting, I noticed a sign that said "Pick up Phone Orders Here." So I moved over to the register under the sign only to wait and wait and wait... The young woman at the register next to me just acted like I wasn't there. I don't normally call orders in so I didn't know how this worked...so I waited....until someone came out from the kitchen to give someone their sandwich and said "Uh, hey, just so you know, that register isn't open." If I hadn't needed that meal for my friend's son - I would've left at that point! I got back into the line I had originally been standing in - behind another five people who came in AFTER me. When I FINALLY made it to the register, I pointed out to the young woman that I had been standing under the sign and suggested they put a sign in front of the register that would let phone orders know that the register is CLOSED or that maybe she could have told me instead of making me wait for ten minutes. I was in a hurry so I phoned in the order. However, I might as well had come in and ordered and just picked it up. When I expressed my frustration the young woman simply said, "I'll try to do better in the future. Have a nice day." I sure hope she'll try to do better...because otherwise, your fan base will certainly dwindle. You lost me.

My friend's son had to scarf his food during breaks at his baseball game. Next time someone wants Meconi's I'll drive to Olympia or Lacey to pick it up. It'll probably be faster and certainly less frustrating!

Note: Meconi's only offers white bread - not very healthy, but it is fresh and yummy.

• Visited May 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Best subs in town”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2012

I like to stay away from the chain sub shops....okay in a pinch but they pale in comparison to places like Meconi's. Give it a try. I especially like to grab a sub and then enjoy a picnic in one of the great parks around the Olympia area.

Visited December 2011
1 Thank Skullmann
Olympia, Washington
“not impressed”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2011

will never go back, un professional employees talking behind peoples back in ear shot of customers, seemed more interested in closing than in treating the public with respect

The NW
“Your average sub shop”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2011

Some say the bread is everything here but in my estimation, it seems like regular ol' french bread loaves you can get at the store. I know the owners are Italian and these are supposed to be real Italian subs....I just don't get it. It's a Subway only with more meat on their sandwiches.

Visited December 2011