“Azteca is our family tradition”

Azteca Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #20 of 158 Restaurants in Tukwila
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed December 11, 2012

I've been going to Azteca (various locations) for over 25 years. I am amazed that a chain is able to maintain the high standards for quality food and service, yet still affordable.

Azteca restaurants are usually very busy--an indicator it is well-liked--but the servers and service is almost always speedy. When I visit my son, daughter-in-law, and granddaughter in Seattle area, we always have at least one dinner at Azteca in Southcenter. The chips and salsa (mild, medium, and hot/hot) are the perfect appetizer, but save room because the portions are good size.

My classic selection consists of two chicken enchiladas with beans and rice or the chicken quesadillas.

The settings are spatious enough that there is room to manuever strollers and wheelchairs, although it can be a bit noisey.

Highly recommended for lunch or dinner outings, either solo, as a couple, or group. The servers are very personable and you'll feel like part of their family tradition.

Reviewed November 15, 2012 via mobile

Came in for lunch and one plate was enough for two and I didn't fill up on chips.
The food is very good I got a variety plater #dos which came with a chimichanga chilereno rice and beans. These were full portions I recommend the pork in the chimi. The meat was cubed and tender very nice / flavorful. The service was excellent and the establishment is clean on the outside and inside. Being from Houston this place met my craving for mexican food.

Reviewed September 17, 2012

It's not a fancy place nor is the food fancy. But it's good food and at a great price. The service was good. I got my food quickly and tasted as expected. I would go there again.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

Chips, salsa, enchilladas, taco, beans, etc. was all good. Not fancy food, but good food and worth the money.

Reviewed March 9, 2012

I've invited many people to Azteca, and some grumble at first that it's "tex-mex" and not real authentic mexican food. As I've told them, show me another of any mexican restaurant that can offer consistently good food and service and we'll go there. The thing about many mexican restaurants is the food always looks and tastes different. Azteca has it down to a science. The food is always good, it always looks good, and it looks the same every time I go. The past three times that I've been to this location, I've had the same server. She is very pleasant and goes out of her way to make sure customers enjoy their visit. There have been times when I've been alone where she has come by my table repeatedly to check on me. This trip with friends, she knew to give us some space to let us talk and enjoy each others company. Everyone enjoyed their lunch, and their $3 lunch Margarita was in a large 'fish bowl' glass and packed a punch. Not a watered down limeade with dot of tequila. I have been to better mexican restaurants in the world and even in the Seattle area. However, one of those is a 25mile drive and average parking is $15 per car. Azteca is located all over the area, has free parking and I think excellent food. They also offer many vegetarian options, and even offer different kinds of beans and plain rice instead of mexican rice which is cooked in Chicken broth for non-carnivores. They also offer airline miles with Alaska and Delta airlines when using your registered credit card for payment. I LOVE THIS PLACE!

2  Thank struct84

Been to Azteca Mexican Restaurant? Share your experiences!