“Worst Hotel Stay of my Life!”

Knights Inn Sea Tac Airport
Ranked #16 of 19 Hotels in Tukwila
Reviewed September 24, 2013

I have traveled a fair bit around the world and stayed in everything from $10.00 hostels to $500.00 luxury resorts so I think I have a pretty good range of experiences. I paid $100.00 to stay for one night at the Knights in before leaving on a trip to San Diego for the weekend. The condition of the room was worse than any hostel I have ever stayed in. It was filthy dirty, long black hair in the sheets and woven through the blankets. The carpet was disgusting. The sheets were cleaned (and I say that loosely) with something that made your skin sting a bit. The bathroom was in terrible disrepair. When I turned on the water a big clump of black hair came out of the drain and bobbed around the rim of the drain obviously caught in it. The room smelled of old cigars. The continental breakfast was a few loaves of bread and a toaster with a plate of mini muffins. The staff were not courtious, when I asked for two extra pillows and two extra blankets they only brought me one - when I asked again for a second they asked me why I needed it. I needed it because they pillows and blankets in the room were filthy and didn't even cover the whole bed. When they brought the second blanket they brought a bedspread and the second pillow was dirtier than the ones in there. I stayed there with my family who are not very picky and they had a hard time with it. Needless to say, none of us slept because there was also a big break in our window (on the ground floor) held together with duct tape. It was the worst hotel stay of my life!!!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed September 5, 2013

We booked this property because as Worldmark owners we are offered discounts at Wyndham properties. This property offered 2 queens for $79. When we arrived, the room was not ready, probably because hookers were not thru turning tricks! What we got was a king and a double that looked freshly slept in. The entire room was a disaster of filth!!! We decided to eat and on the way back checked into another hotel nearby. Upon confronting the desk clerk he was contrary and would not refund our prepaid night. We have since written Knights Inn Corporate to tell them of this nightmare property and have asked Wyndham to remove it from their inventory. Don't even consider this property and from now on, we will never book without reviewing this site!!!!!!

Reviewed September 5, 2013

We stayed here in order to save a few bucks during vacation to Seattle. We booked through an online booking site which showed the wrong address, and had a tough time finding the right street. I assume this wouldn't be an issue if you had a flight and knew where the airport was.

The first room we were in was smoking and horribly outdated. We had requested nonsmoking through the site, and the front desk allowed us to switch to a nonsmoking and more updated room without issue when we asked at 11 pm. The bathroom was roomy and clean but the mirror was in a weird spot. The bed wasn't super comfortable but we slept fine having arrived from a 1000 mile drive that day. I probably wouldn't use the kitchen; didn't inspect it closely but it didn't strike me as thoroughly cleaned.

Continental breakfast was limited but fine. Muffins, cereal & (I think) bagels. If you are going downtown I would skip the motel breakfast and find something there.

The area is not the best, as evidenced by the pawn shop and other such businesses right across the street. However we didn't have any issues with security.

There aren't any real restaurants open after 10 pm, even on weekends. We arrived starving and wanted to go sit down at a bar/restaurant, but couldn't find any open. One person told us there is a place open later, but we couldn't find it. Our first room had a pizza delivery place's menu but the second room didn't have anything of the sort.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 3, 2013

My family and I stayed for two days at this hotel. The service and the rooms were O.K.
The staff were very friendly. We had some problems with the keys. I believe their keys demagnetize easily. My overall impression was pleasant. We would stay at this hotel again.

Reviewed August 15, 2013

I was thoroughly disappointed with this hotel and its accommodations. We rented two non smoking rooms and the first thing we noticed was the smell. One was so bad (smoke and musty, dampness), we had to ask for another room. The staff was friendly and accommodating to change it. The other was slightly better at first glance but when we opened the shower curtain, there was thick black mold in the shower grouts. It looked like housekeeping did not clean it for months. We bought air fresheners and Lysol spray and wipes just to feel comfortable to sleep. One bed had bed sheets that was so rough with fuzz balls. Housekeeping was able to bring another set of sheets and changed it with no complaints. This property is pretty old and run down in a neighborhood that is not that great. The pictures on the website is pretty deceiving. One night stay on 14 Aug 13.

Room Tip: Pay a little to have clean rooms.
1  Thank Cris S
Reviewed August 7, 2013

I am at this hotel right now and here is a litle flavor of my stay so far. First. the front desk manager upon arriveal was pleasant. SO far so good.

What follows is not made up:

1. The keys to get into the room do not work, after about 20 tries one worked.
2. The non-smoking room was SMOKING. We complained and they said they did not have another room and brought and sprayed an air freshner. We called severla more times to get spray more.
3. The air is pumpingh a minimal amount of cool air; that was brought to their attention and they maintained it would work well within the hr. It is now four to five hrs since checking in and the room is warm.
4. One room had a non-working lamp; no button to turn on the light. They eventually came to replace the fixture.
5. The sink had woman's hair in the sink.
6. The pillows had long hairs, I broight this to the attnetion of the front desk and they said they could not do naything about it until tomorrow (Thursday). "Yes. use the pillows" is the response I got. I think this bed was used before I arrived and the sheets are not pressed. Was somone rolling in the hay and tied it up some before I arrived???!!
7. The draperies are falling apart.
8. There is blood spots in the shower curtain.
9. The shower floor was some gue where the water washes off!

I am not kidding. I have pictures that I will post as a follow up. I made this reservation through Expedia and they say they will speak to management. Should I have to pay for this room? Let's see how Expedia and the hotel deal with this. As for the hotel having to accomodate for the poor performance on their part and making alternate arrangements ... let's see.

Right now I recommend that you look elsewhere unless the above deficiencies are considered minor.

Room Tip: Bring your own sheets and pillows! Also bring an air freshner, fan (to supplement the air conditioni...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Roberto C
Reviewed August 5, 2013

If you are looking for a hotel that rents by the hour, make your reservations now and bring a friend. Do not let the front lobby kid you. The rooms are disgusting. I cannot understand why there was fruit stickers on the floor and walls of the kitchen that were not cleaned off except that it was never cleaned. The glass on the kitchen table even had a clob of dirt stuck to it. The couch was soooo stained, I almost got sick. I thought I was in the slums of Seattle. Since I live out of the area, I probably was. I cannot understand how this place stays in business, but anyone that gave this place even 1 star clearly is blind. Thought since this is a Wyndham Property they would assist me in getting my money back, but even they let me down. I cannot believe they would allow this filth to go on. - Never going back to Seattle

Room Tip: Rent by the hour only or stay elseware
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tukwila
Ramada Tukwila Southcenter
Ramada Seatac Airport
Ramada Seatac Airport
#19 of 34 in SeaTac
Hampton Inn Seattle/Southcenter
Ramada SeaTac Airport North
Americas Best Value Inn & Suites
Crowne Plaza Seattle Airport

Been to Knights Inn Sea Tac Airport? Share your experiences!