“"Prostitution and Drug Watch Area" signs all aloong the street.”

Knights Inn Sea Tac Airport
Ranked #16 of 19 Hotels in Tukwila
Reviewed July 11, 2011

As stated, there are city-posted street signs warning of the fact that the area is known for prostitution and drug dealing. As for amenities, it was lacking the advertised microwave, no available roll-away beds, the pool was closed, the room smelled of mildew, and the room was infested with sugar ants.

• Stayed: July 2011
1  Thank kageneko
There are newer reviews for Knights Inn Sea Tac Airport

Reviewed July 5, 2011

Okay, it's my first time to write a review or sort of things as I am pretty much a relaxed traveler, but this time I had to because of this absurd thing.

I stayed there on May.20. 2011, for a cheap price through online website for about 4 hours to crush and sleep before I take a flight to Las Vegas in the early morning.

As far as the price goes, I didn’t care too much about the cleanness of the room or the dirtiness of the room. As we were just supposed to take shower and sleep for like 3 hours before flight.

Exactly at 4:30 in the morning, we checked out the motel and headed to the airport. Las Vegas trip was fabulous, and I thought everything went well except the hostile attitude of the front desk person at Knights Inn at Tukila. Then I just found out that they have charged me $200 US on my credit card. At first, like a casual traveller, I considered this as a security deposit for motel. It turns out that they didn’t even credited that amount back to me until now. Finding that weird, I phoned the motel tonight only to feel very humiliated and treated very very poorly.

The front desk person stated that the room TV had disappeared from the room and that she had to charge me for the missing TV with very irritated and angry voice. I and my husband first hung up the phone as we were literally stoned finding that out.

Now it wasn’t about damn $200 US, IT ISABOUT MY DIGNITY. So I phoned the hotel back, and kindly expressed my concern that we did not take the TV away from the room. She then just gave me the community police number with case file number and asked me to contact them. I told her that I would, and asked few more information from her.

I asked if I can get the NAME of the front desk person who had been working at the motel that day and time, and when it was that the police was called or when incident was reported to the police, and who reported it and who it is that is answering the phone with me at that time. She then yelled at me saying that “WHY ARE YOU WASTING MY TIME?”

I asked her to give those info again, but she kept yelling at me repeating the same sentence over and over and not giving me those information. I felt very bad and angry about this whole situation, and when I was about to say something to her, she HUNG UP ON ME which she shouldn’t have done as a customer service person.

I wonder if it was such a big deal of her to give me those information. I also wonder if there is any hidden things (who knows) going on at this motel with this front desk person. I really would like to get an idea from the general manager of this motel as soon as I can. I also want to know if there is any security camera around the motel to prove that

WE WERE NOT THE ONE WHO TOOK THE TV FROM THE ROOM, AND THAT WE ARE NOT TO BE TREATED AS THIEVES OR TO BE CHARGED FOR WHAT WE DIDN'T HAVE TO PAY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

At the end: DON’T EVER STAY AT THIS MOTEL, YOU WOULDN’T EXPECT WHAT WILL HAPPEN IF YOU STAY HERE.

I will definitely get this thing resolved right now!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends
3  Thank anastasiaVancouver
Reviewed May 27, 2011

Hard to know where to even begin. After reading the reviews for this hotel we decided to stay here because of the location and the weekly parking rates (and the price for the package). Knowing what I know now, I would have much rather paid more - I have no idea where the good reviews were coming from. Customer service was appalling, room was terrible. Parking was good.

We arrived late in the night, during a bit of a snowstorm. There was a sign on the reception door saying that whoever was in the office would be back in 10 minutes. We waited for half an hour and then finally called the "in case of emergency" number (which turned out it was just the hotel number). The lady on the other end was very flustered, and I suppose that's fairly understandable seeing she was working by herself and also driving the airport shuttle. She came back, checked us in (while grumbling about the people she had just picked up from the airport and being quite rude to some other people on the phone). She showed us to our room and left quickly again to do another airport run. We got in to our room and it was pretty unbelievable. We asked for a non smoking room, which is was clearly not. The heater was broken (in the middle of a snow storm!). There was graffiti on the bathroom door (though to be fair it did look like they had tried to scrub it off), the closet door was broken, none of the lights except for the bathroom and kitchen lights worked, the deadbolt was broken, there was glass on the bed from a picture which had been broken above the bed. The box spring on on of the beds looked like it had blood stains on it. We called the hotel number and told the lady about this because we didn't want to get charged for all the damage, and then seeing it was almost 1am and we had to take the 4:30am shuttle to the airport in the morning we decided to get whatever sleep we could seeing as we knew it's probably be another 1/2 hour until the lady got back from the airport. The hotel lady did get back and banged on the hotel door when she did - we were all almost asleep. To her credit she did offer to take us to another room but we now had only about 3 hours of sleep left and it really wasn't worth getting up, moving all of our stuff... In the morning she came into our room and showed us the list of our complaints and let us know that when we returned it would all be dealt with. I have to say that that was handled well.... until we returned (this review would be a lot different if it actually had been handled when we returned).

We returned, expecting everything to have been dealt with and it was not and the man who picked us up from the airport completely refused to deal with it. He said we would have to come back in the evening when the lady was working because she wanted to talk to us about it (we're from Canada - we're not going back to talk to her). We tried to argue with him and told him that he should deal with it so we left. We called that night and spoke with the lady who said that this guy said he offered us 50% off and we refused and were threatening to steal office supplies and making a huge scene. She said she would look into and get back to us. We called and spoke with her 2 more times over the period of 2 months and she kept on saying she'd get back to us (and there were many more unsuccessful calls to her to try to get ahold of her). Finally we emailed the general manager. There was a lot of lying going on between the worker "Jay", who was the man we dealt with the morning we returned and this is part of the email he sent the general manager in regards to dealing with our situation (after the GM asked him to deal with it): "so i dont what the hell they went they were b**ching around when they come back and on the phone the only problem was in that room was wall picture was little broken thier was breaker was stripped so there was no light on half so i dont think that was big issue" - don't think we were supposed to receive this email in the thread.

To the credit of the hotel manager they did end up giving us 50% off (after 2 months and many calls) and I will say that we had absolutely no problem at all with leaving our car there for a week. The other rooms may be nicer - we didn't see any of them but I would absolutely never stay in this hotel again.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
  • Stayed: February 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank sunnydays067
Reviewed April 14, 2011

I stayed at this Knights inn for park and fly and i just wanted to let other people know that this place is butter than 75% hotel around the airport i park my car for 14 day and fly out next day what a profitional sevice i have recieve from front desk and manager i will have my all the friends and family stay here every time they fly out from seattle i think for me their is no good place like this hotel at this price no doute if people wented service like 5 star at this price than go and stay on 1 but i think what you get at the price you paying is more than enough.I also went people to know some review i was reading on this web site and one was saying about people hanging out side so what that's why i guess people rent the hotel to hang out and other one say some thing about drug and stuff but i have not seen singel person look like doing drun if that's a case i would not have stay at this place i had reservation at econo louge and i didn't stay because frontdesk guy was rude they also had some hucker arguing with frontdesk and wont go than we went to travelouge and same story their was gang of kid where fighting in their parking lot so we got scared so we left from their. Finelly we went to knights inn and we like it so we stayed their good place with good employee with smile to welcome you. Thank you Knights inn make my trip easy

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Loveguru42
Reviewed April 13, 2011

I been to this hotel and really enjoyed a lot. staff is very friendly and helpful throughout my stay. location is very nice. very clean place with the excellent customer service.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 7, 2011

This hotel was very dirty. when i got there i had to pay more to upgrade my room because the room i booked didn't even exist they said. False advertisement. the hotel is right on old 99 witch is crack head, drug dealer and prostitute heaven lol. i booked one night then flew to Vegas came back to the hotel for two more nights and they put me in the same room the coffee i made a week before was still there and was now growing mold. they didn't change the sheets or any of the bedding. this place was disgusting and i will never stay again. oh yea and there was a bag of some type of crushed pills stuffed in the extra roll of toilet paper.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank hollyluckey
RameshR, Manager at Knights Inn Sea Tac Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2011

The only question I would ask here - if these guests knew that the place is bad, why did they come back and stayed again!!! Matter of fact, these customers had booked non-smoking room thru 3rd party website, checked into the non-smoking room and ended up smoking in the room. When our staff told them that as per hotel and WA state policy (clearly indicated on guest registration card and marked at front-desk) they can be charged $100 fee for the smoking violation; however hotel waived the charges as good gesture. When confronted for the smoking violation, guests got upset.

As far as room cleanliness complaint, the same room was cleaned and rented many times in between their stays. They asked for the same room second time.

Reviewed March 24, 2011

okay. The rooms weren't bad for the price, but that is the only okay thing about this place. My family purchased their park and fly and stayed a night while we traveled out of town. They advertise a 24 hour shuttle service. The first shuttle went good but after returning from our week vacation at 1130pm we called from the service phone as instructed for our shuttle pick up. After calling 5 time for 15 minutes and not getting an answer I decided to try my cell phone and call the front desk, still no one picked up. I called every 5 minutes from my cell phone and the service phone for an hour and no one ever picked up the phone. Despite being tired from traveling for 20 hours with 2 kids under the age of 3, we had no one to pick us up and take us to our vehicle at the knights inn. I ended up paying for a Taxi to drop me off. When I arrived the clerk was sitting at the front desk, I asked why he hadn't picked up the phone and he looked at me dumb founded. He told me the phone is working and doesn't know why it wasn't ringing. That's BS. While the clerk was refunding my taxi fees, I dialed the front desk again and sure enough the phone rang 10 feet in front of me. The clerk offered no explaination why my phone calls were not answered. On top of it all I contacted the manager and heard nothing but excuse after excuse, about how the phone must not have been working when I called, because he reviewed the "24 hour audio serveillence." At the end of the conversation I was told to, and I quote, "to TAKE MY SERVICE ELSEWHERE", so I will. And I strongly advise you to do the same.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank hammertime30

We apologize for any inconvenience guest had encountered by not reaching the hotel via phone. It could be the phone system issue between airport courtesy phone and hotel's phone system. Unfortunately its outside of our control. We tried to explain this to guest so many times but he woudn't listen. Though the Airport shuttle is complementary, we did pay for taxi charges to provide guest setisfaction. Our front desk was well attended and answering all incoming phones. Matter of fact we had many airport pick-ups that night without any issue.

When we talked to him on later time, we offered reasonable compensation for the inconvenience but he kept putting unreasonable requests which unfortunately can't be rendered.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Tukwila
Ramada SeaTac Airport North
Ramada Tukwila Southcenter
Ramada Seatac Airport
Ramada Seatac Airport
#19 of 34 in SeaTac
Americas Best Value Inn & Suites
Hampton Inn Seattle/Southcenter
Best Western Seattle Airport Hotel

Been to Knights Inn Sea Tac Airport? Share your experiences!