“Very fun”

iFLY Indoor Skydiving - Seattle
Ranked #1 of 7 things to do in Tukwila
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Ever dream of flying? Now you can at iFLY Indoor Skydiving in Seattle. Experience the thrill of skydiving without having to jump from a perfectly good airplane - no falling, no parachutes, just you floating on a smooth cushion of air with our professional instructor right next to you. No special skills are needed, just a sense of adventure. iFLY is safe for kids 3 and up, fun for the entire family, and perfect for birthday parties or groups. iFLY is the experience of a lifetime.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities, Activities for young children, Lockers / storage
Reviewed August 23, 2013

Mike Willard was our group's flight instructor. He was very patient, entertaining, and talented. There were some children in our group that while not quite getting the form, he still made it a great experience for them. Our group had two teenagers and two eleven year olds plus me the "old man". We got a DVD of the experience included with our family package or you can purchase them separately. They also offer photos available for purchase online. After everyone in our session had two one minutes flights, our instructor demonstrated just how good you can get. He had complete control over where he went in the flight tunnel including many different positions. The extra charge Gary W talks about is optional and only if you want the instructor to take you to the top of the tunnel.

There are newer reviews for iFLY Indoor Skydiving - Seattle

Reviewed August 19, 2013

We went to iFly for a teambuilding experience. I was not too excited about the opportunity at first. But it was fun and a great experience. It is easy for beginners but our instructor showed us some really cool tricks at the end.

Reviewed August 12, 2013

We took six teenage girls to iFLY for a birthday party, and they all had a great time. The facility, the staff, and the experience all live up to expectations. With this said, I don't give iFLY an "excellent" rating because of an extra charge they sneak in after you have committed. Following registration and payment at front desk (and be warned that this is an expensive outing), you go upstairs and watch others enjoying their experience while you await your turn. This includes watching people soar up to the top of the wind chamber with an instructor--which everyone admits is the best part. Then, just as you are getting suited up for your experience, you are told that "going up" like we saw others do costs an additional $10 per person. That was irritating. A flight already costs about $25 per minute (yes, you read that correctly); so why not include everything in the fee? The current approach feels like a bait-and-switch tactic. Anyway, it was a lot of fun; but I don't know that we'll go back.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

Great day out at iFly in Seattle. From the minute we arrived we re met by very friendly and professional people. Booking in process was simple and we were ready to go. I was nervous at first but my fears were soon ellayed. My first go I ended up flapping about everywhere but I seemed to get to grips the 2nd time. I also managed a 3rd shot. Then our instructor gave us a demonstration how the experts do it. Talk about standing with my jaw dropping! Wow, he was incredible.(I think his name was Darren, but I'm not sure). Will defo keep my eye open for iFly on my travels again.

1  Thank Roy Little
Reviewed July 29, 2013

I had such a good time there on my honeymoon with my wonderful wife. Chris aka "Elroy" made this experience such a fun time. he pumped us up before and put on an awesome show for us at the end and was excellent on instructing us on how to be in the right body position. Will defenetly go back there again to IFly

1  Thank ArvidME