“Thank you!”

Americas Best Value Inn & Suites
Ranked #12 of 18 Hotels in Tukwila
“Thank you!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2012

This is a strange circumstance however I need to say American Inn is awesome! Heidi specifically was able to take a challenging situation (having to young people from Chicago on a college tour in Seattle be stranded because of another franchises ridiculousness) and resolve it so that they would NOT be stranded. They love the hotel and I think the staff; Heidi and John (great job with your leadership and management ) are terrific!!!!!!

• Stayed July 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Walnut Creek, California, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2012

Single male business traveler, been playing in traveling bands for 20 years: I know a little about hotels.
This was the worst I have ever seen. Permanent residents that should be featured on Hoarders Buried Alive.
I checked into my room to find half eaten food on the table and a sink full of dirty dishes. I plugged my lap top charger into the wall that looked like someone had beat it with a hammer. I t smelled like someone had just stabbed out a smoke in there and I fully felt like the management had kicked out a squatter to sell me the room.
A cursory look at the bed linens, (scratch that: Linen...no top sheet) revealed a plethora of human hairs and stains...I was halfway to the office to get the linensreplaced when I realized that a fresh sheet was not going to make this room better so I split.
This hotel was rated at 2 1/2 stars on HOTWIRE and cost me 67$! I stayed at the BEST WESTERN PLUS down the road for 99$ and had a business suite with two 42" flat screen TV's, hottub and pool and a free breakfast.
Do not bring your kids here!

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank 3rdrail9er
JRossSeattle, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites, responded to this review, July 23, 2012
Dear Traveler,
I first want to apologize for your unfortunate experience here at our Hotel. It is clear that you had been checked into a room that had not had housekeeping yet, This is rare but does happen from time to time, and again my apologies for this mistake. Had you brought this to our attention we would have corrected this immediately. The property is also undergoing renovations to guest rooms as well as common areas and landscaping. I hope you will give us another try in the future and see what a great property we can be!

John Martin
Vancouver, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2012

Here's a little background info..

I was going into Seattle on Wednesday June 20 and during a phone conversation with my mother, we decided to make a girls trip out of it and drive up (from Vancouver) on Tuesday evening. So I go on Hotwire to book a room and end up with this gem of a place (not the sarcasm). A few minutes after booking, my mom called me to say she had an appointment Wednesday morning so would not be able to drive up Tuesday night. Well, thats just great. I called the hotel and explained my situation. The lady at the other end of the phone was extremely rude and obnoxious, I could not believe the customer service I was getting. She said she would not give Hotwire authorization to refund my credit card and would charge my account. I called Hotwire and although they were understanding (I spoke with a rep as well as the manager) they could not offer a refund without the authorization of the hotel. The rep and supervisor at Hotwire also called the rude lady (HEIDI) at the hotel. After being on the phone for over an hour, I called the hotel again. I was kind at first, and my kindness turned into anger when Heidi started talking to me like I was an idiot. She hung up on me and I have been unable to get a hold of the General Manager John for the past two days. I have left messages upon messages. I should mention that my boyfriend said he would go stay at the hotel so he drove to Seattle and they wouldn't pick up his calls either! ABSOLUTELY THE WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER. So John, if you ARE the general manager, CALL ME. THis isn't even about losing the money, these people are obviously desperate for anything they can get, its about morals and values and HOSPITALITY being in the customer service industry ESPECIALLY hotels. JUST RIDICULOUS.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo