“Ok time but probably won't stay here again”

Comfort Suites Airport Tukwila
Ranked #7 of 18 Hotels in Tukwila
Calgary, Canada
“Ok time but probably won't stay here again”
Reviewed October 17, 2013

We were in Seattle for a family wedding so picked this hotel because of location and appearance. The hotel and our room were very clean. The room was a family suite so was very large (enough to sleep 8, they advertise) but only had the 1 bathroom which made for an interesting negotiation in the morning even with only 4 of us. The closet in the room looked like it was jerry rigged up and was too shallow for hangers to hang nicely.
The staff was efficient but not approachable at all. Only a few people ever smiled. Not outright rude but not helpful either.
Breakfast was good but limited, we were told that was because we stayed over a weekend. Often the women were busy setting up other things and hard to find when something ran out, like milk.
Pool area was clean and large

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank Bumblebutter
wa124, Manager at Comfort Suites Airport Tukwila, responded to this review, December 24, 2013
Thank you for sharing your comments with us. We have shared your feedback with our staff and are constantly training to provide the best service and accommodations. We hope you will visit us again on your next stay in Tukwila and see all the improvements already in place.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Wenatchee, Washington
Reviewed October 14, 2013

I booked a king size suite 2 weeks before my arrival, when I checked in they put me in a double, I showed them my confirmation for the king and was told sorry they were sold out and there were no king rooms available, and they charged me full price. Worst customer service, the bathroom had hair in the tub. Not a pleasant experience. Do not stay here unless you have no other options! I usually have good experience with Comfort Suites.....but will NEVER stay at the Tukwila one again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Khayes1
Thank you for your feedback. Allow me to apologize on behalf of our hotel for failing to meet your expectations regarding your room assignment and service. We have made changes since your last visit to provide the best service and acommodations. We hope you will give our hotel another chance and see the exciting changes in place.
Reviewed September 26, 2013

I stayed at the comfort suites for business. I was given room 136. The room was big and spacious. Lots of stains on carpet and retouched walls. I tried to use the jacuzzi tub in the room, but the jets did not work, so it was a big bath tub. I noticed that the room had a rumbling. At firsI thought maybe someone was taking jacuzzi tub bath above me-NOT! The wall was vibrating adjacent to my room. The floor was also had some motion going on. It was the commercial washer and dryers for housekeeping that was making all that noise and vibration. On the other side of the wall was where the housekeeping used... all night long. When checking out the gal behind the counter asked me how thing were. I went on to tell her and it was like shdidn't even hear me. Have a nice day she said. I found ouI left my Cher still plugged in the room. Humm... maybe that's because I had not too much sleep. I called them to see if they could send through the mail to a local office down the street??? I am a 168 miles away. They said that they would charge me 10 dollars to my credit card. I know that doesn't cost that much.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank ginnylady
Vienna, Austria
Reviewed August 30, 2013

After a three week trip our family had an early morning flight back to Europe from Seattle, so we chose this Comfort Suites because it's so close to SeaTac Airport. As we didn't want to change hotels, we decided to stay there for all of our three nights in Seattle. The hotel was definitively a good choice for our family (2 adults, 2 teenagers). We have stayed in many Comfort Suites before, this is a rather large branch. The room with two queen beds was spacious and clean, beds really comfortable with nice bedding, though I still prefer the "European style" with real covers instead of blankets just between sheets. I liked the arrangement of a separate washbasin outside the real bathroom with tub and toilet, which is especially useful for a family. The breakfast was the best of all our visited Comfort Suites so far, with a huge choice of warm and cold food in a large and tidy breakfast room. As we had to leave before 6 a.m. in the morning of our departure, we were invited to grab lunch bags from the front desk. We also liked the idea of the complimentary afternoon snack, but at least the Monday cookies were all gone at 6 p.m.
We did not use the pool, but it looked definitively inviting, but my husband went to the fitness center. He said it was too small for such a big place, with only one treadmill, so two other people who wanted to use it too, had to come back later. I also used the guest laundry, where everything was working fine, prize was rather high at $ 2,- per load compared to other locations.
All in all, our stay was a good experience and we can recommend this hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
wa124, Manager at Comfort Suites Airport Tukwila, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on your recent stay at our hotel.

calgary, Canada
Reviewed August 21, 2013

Room is very spacious, have a separate sitting area. Very comfortable beds, lots of parking, WiFi is excellent! Hotel is very secure, you have to use your room key to enter through the side doors. Pool is excellent, light changes colours at night. Also, you need your room key to enter, ensure that only guests uses the facility. Loved that there's coffee readily available in the lobby. Very close to shopping mall. Getting to the hotel is a bit of a challenge, depending on which direction you're coming from. Overall, very good hotel to stay at, will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 22, 2013 via mobile

The staff was great, rooms were nice.. Walking distance to Family fun center. I would definitely stay here again.. Lots of parking and its free.. Love all the complimentary amenities this hotel has to offer for a decent price..

• Stayed July 2013
Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed July 16, 2013 via mobile

Don't get me wrong, our room was nice. We had a room that had 2 Queen Beds and a sofa bed, so we had a ton of space (travelling with my 7 and 9 year old). Plus the room was really clean (extremely important). I found the continental breakfast to be very good (eggs, hash brown, sausage patties, waffles, muffins, fruit, juice, coffee - typical of any continental breakfast). The breakfast room was large and kept clean. The pool was good as it had a shallow end that started at 1 foot and gradually got deeper (to only about 5 feet). The hot tub was mild temperature (almost too mild) and you weren't really able to tell when the jets for the hot tub were turned on. The lady at the front desk was not overly warm and welcoming. We had my iPhone and iPad and were not successful in connecting to the complimentary Internet service. When I called down to the front desk (I called probably 4 times), they did send someone to try and help us (didn't fix it). My last call to the front desk, they provided me with an 800 number to call, which I gave up on as well. She let me know that they were "swamped" and would get back to me (they didn't). My expectations are simply...they missed the mark on our stay....possibly I just caught them on a bad day...

• Stayed July 2013