Homewood Suites Seattle - Tacoma Airport / Tukwila
Ranked #4 of 19 Hotels in Tukwila
Vancouver
“Train Noise”
Reviewed June 15, 2010

The hotel is really quite nice in all respects, except I had a 2 bedroom suite in the back and there are train tracks within a hundred yards or so. I paid $249 for the suite, which would have been fine, except a train goes by about every 1/2 hour. The trains didn't blow their horns at night, but it still resulted in a disturbed sleep. Had a nice free buffet breakfast as well. So only stay here if you have a quiet room in the front.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Palm Beach, Florida
Reviewed June 1, 2010

This was the most terrible experience I've ever had in any of the hotels in the US. Although the room was overall clean and met our expectations, the lack of security and surrounding area was the reason for our dissappointment.

We intended to stay in this hotel for two nights before our flight from SEATAC, but had to stay three nights instead. The reason: our car with personal belongings and passports was broken into at the hotel parking lot while we were checking out in the morning - it took just 15 minutes for criminals to complete!!!! The most outrageous was the fact that it all happened at daylight and when I asked hotel management if they had any parking lot surveillance cameras to track who did the break in - they answered - there were no cameras! Fortunately we were lucky to retreive our passports later the same day to continue on our trip as someone had brought the stolen documents to the 'lost and found' at the airport which was located nearby.

If you care about your safety never stay at this hotel.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank I_love_Florida34530
SEATK_DS, Manager at Homewood Suites Seattle - Tacoma Airport / Tukwila, responded to this review, June 2, 2010
Thank you very much for your comment, we appreciate all feed back from our guests, both positive and negative. We do try to remind our guests of the possibility of theft, via a memo at the front desk from our local police department, as well as signage posted throughout the parking lot. In addition to these public postings each guest receives, upon check in, a parking permit with another written reminder to remove all valuables from the vehicle. If you would like to provide me with contact information and I would be happy to discuss this further. Thank you again for taking the time to provide feed back.
Tarin Kemp
Front Office Manager
Seattle, WA
Reviewed April 27, 2010

Of all the reviews for this hotel I cannot believe more people do not mention the train... An otherwise pleasant hotel stay is ruined every 15-45 minutes as a train goes thundering past. I actually wondered if it was an earthquake. Another minor point, parking near the lobby is a joke. Rent a scooter...

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed April 10, 2010

We stayed here for nearly 3 months in one of the suites in the summer of 2009 and had an excellent experience in spite of the hotel going through major renovations. The management and staff could not have been more helpful. We highly recommend this place for an extended stay. The location proofed perfect for us in the Seattle area.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
Rosemount, Minnesota
Reviewed March 27, 2010

Spent almost the whole month of February and part of March in the Homewood Suites, Tukwila. I was pleased to get a Habitat-for-Humanity rate, which, as stated, promised $5 a night to that worthy organization. I booked a king fireplace suite and the room was spacious and clean (not spotless). Balcony overlooked the Green River, which truly isn't much to look at, but beats staring at a parking lot or busy street. The room was like a small apartment. Bed comfortable. Bathroom spacious and loved having toilet/shower in separate room. Having a mini kitchen was nice, even though the utensils and cooking supplies kind of limited. (Did not plan on making gourmet meals, so this was fine!) High-speed internet was nice, but not speedy quick. I did stream several movies on my computer without issue.

Things to be aware of:
Parking very limited for rooms towards the front of hotel by lobby. I had difficulty finding nearby parking even early in the evening. Sometimes I had to park on the opposite side of hotel. I worked very early and late shifts while I was in town and as a solo woman traveler I found walking through dark parking lots a little precarious. Most of the lots are lit fairly well, but still a little creepy.

Train noise from nearby tracks is atrocious. Trains often made my whole room shake. The tracks get A LOT of use.

I thought it was odd that the fireplace suite had a Duraflame log and wasn't a gas fireplace. Perhaps there is a rule about gas fireplaces in hotel rooms, I don't know. I do know that I was mighty disappointed to not be able to turn on the fireplace for 20 minutes on a cold, wet day to warm me up! Those Duraflames burn for awhile and I didn't want to fool with all that.

There is a soccer complex next to the hotel which gets a lot of traffic. A lot of soccer players stay at this Homewood for tournaments and there can be a lot of teenagers - frequently unsupervised, it seemed to me - running around and making noise. Not the hotel's fault, of course, but be advised!

Location kind of odd, but close enough to mall area without being too close.

I had no problems with any front desk staff, in fact they were all very courteous. I would stay here again for business purposes, but for pleasure I'd find a great hotel downtown. Seattle is fabulous!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank Mardo
Brisbane
Reviewed March 21, 2010

Reception staff were rude. I asked for a late check out when i checked in and i was told they couldnt tell me if it woud be ok until the day i checked out. On the check out day i was told that i couldnt have a late check out because 2 other people were already getting late check outs and the housekeeping staff couldnt manage more than 2 late check outs. The supposed high speed internet ran a maxium of 14kb/s wich maybe high speed 4 a snail but not for the rest of us that actually need web pages loaded in less than an hour. Dont expect to get milk with your coffee in your room i was told if i wanted milk it would be a lengthy walk to a service station. The air conditioner in my room was crap to say the least, maximum heat was the same temperature as the coolest. Upon check in 2 of the 4 lamps in my room actually worked, the tv in the bedroom was not plugged in. Also while not entirely the fault of the hotel there were many noisy kids runing up and down hallways staircases and just generally making far to much noise. This hotel was by far the worst hotel i have ever stayed in, a very big diassapointment to the end of my trip, while i will deffinately be coming back to seattle i think its fair to say i will never be staying in another homewood suites, if i was mr hilton i would be ashamed to have my name attached to such crap.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled solo
North Alabama
Reviewed March 13, 2010

This place is a little off the beaten path. The road to the property is a little confusing, and activities at a nearby park may increase the difficulty in getting where you need to go, but it's great once you get there. The front desk personnel were great and very accommodating when my plans changed and I needed to check in very early. The rooms were large and spacious, and aside from a few rowdy kids in a neighboring suite, extremely quiet (though my windows faced into the courtyard). My only complaint was the breakfast, since the food itself wasn't bad, but the facilities were not great and the organization a train wreck. Having booked on a weekend with the AAA rate, I thought this was a steal and nearly came back the following weekend.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled solo