“Car Break-ins at the Homewood Suites - Tukwila, Washington”

Homewood Suites Seattle - Tacoma Airport / Tukwila
Ranked #4 of 19 Hotels in Tukwila
Reviewed December 27, 2006

My husband and I were meeting family from overseas in Tukwila, Washington for X-mas. On our second night at the hotel, our truck was broken into and various items from our vehicle were taken. When the police arrived, they informed us that this hotel averages 2 break-ins a week and that he was here two nights before investigating a break-in only two parking spaces where our vehicle was parked. 2 break-ins a week equals 112 break-ins a year -- obviously our break-in is not an isolated incident.

This hotel is very aware of the break-in probelms that occur in their parking lot, but have not make any steps in which to thwart off potential break-ins, such as security cameras, fences/gates around their property that admit only registered guests with keys or on-site security officers.

It is very upsetting to know that break-ins occur on a fairly regular basis at this hotel and yet the hotel itself has done nothing to prevent such incidents. This incident cost me approximately $600 for the damange to my vehicle and a loss of over $200 worth of items removed from my truck. I do not recommend staying at this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2006, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
7  Thank Montana-aa

Reviewed September 4, 2006

Stayed here over Labor Day weekend and was pleased with all aspects of the hotel.

I especially enjoyed their morning breakfast that is included in your room price. The selection of hot and cold items allow just about everyone to find something they really like.

The only thing you should be aware of is that this hotel has some rooms on the first floor that are below street level. This is what I was given on check-in. When I informed the desk that there was no way I was going to stay in a room like that they informed be I could stay in a better room with a higher price.

Being assertive, I got a better room at the same price. Suggest if you book this hotel you request a room on the second floor or higher to remove any misunderstandings.

Other than this one item I found the staff to be friendly and helpful. The problem with my airconditioner was solved within 30 minutes.

Note that it is a long walk to downtown and the windows do not open for fresh air.

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
7  Thank agia
Reviewed July 14, 2006

Stayed here for 4 nights and found the this Homewood Suites absolutely great. The staff went the extra mile to ensure comfort of their guests. I especially liked the great breakfasts and evening Manager's dinners (Monday thru Thursday). Clean, quiet, roomy, and well maintained. Also great location near jogging/bike path. My number one choice for Seattle.

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled on business
4  Thank Jolangfo
Reviewed July 13, 2006

The Homewood was a very nice surprise. The room was spacious and very clean. The free Evening meal was tasty and the breakast very good as well. I booked well in advance and received a great rate around $70. Overall, the Homewood was a great experience and I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2006