“Pleasant, friendly and convenient”

Homewood Suites Seattle - Tacoma Airport / Tukwila
Ranked #4 of 18 Hotels in Tukwila
Colorado
“Pleasant, friendly and convenient”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2009

We were in Seattle for a soccer tournament and enjoyed this hotel. The room was a one bedroom suite, for the adults, and a two bedroom suite for the kids. It had a living area, kitchen and single bathroom.

The only issue we had was there was not enough cooking utensils and euipemtn for meal preparation, but when we needed more, the kitchen staff was more than helpful. The kitchen had a stove, no oven and a microwave, dishwasher, sink. it would be adeuqate to prepare meals for a family, but in our case we used several rooms due to the soccer team.

There was adequate room to move around, the tv's were new and flatscreen, the bedding was newer and the hotel was what you would expect from a Homewood. The entry area led straight to the kitchen and then to the right was the living area. The back right was where the bedroom and bathroom were located.

The breakfasts included toast, cereal, fruit, drink, and the food itself varied daily. One day it was ham and another biscuits and gravy. As a frequent traveller, the importance of a nice breakfast is valuable, and especially with a bunch of hungry soccer players. I also enjoyed the cofffe and availability of drinks throughout the day.

This facility is very close to the Sounders complex and we walked there. We took the bus to downtown and that also was convenient abeit a small walk of maybe .3 miles. The bus was convenient and we did nto have to change buses at all.

A very nice hotel that we would not hesitate to stay in again.

Stayed November 2008, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Yakima, WA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2009

My wife and I stayed at the Homewood Suites near Southcenter Mall on 3/20/09. The price was under $100 per night with taxes, by booking 3 days in advance.
We liked the fact that it is right behind the Family Fun Center in Tukwila, near the Southcenter Mall, close to the Emerald Downs Horse Track, and 20 minutes from Muckleshoot Casino.
We were pretty impressed with the room. It had a microwave, full size fridge, coffee pot, stovetop, and all of the utensils and flatware that you would need.
The room also had a couch with a hide-a-bed, coffee table, and a chair with ottoman.
The room had a great Hilton comfort bed with tons of fluffy, soft pillows. It also had a very nice alarm clock that I think you could plug your Ipod into.
The bathroom was also topnotch, with marble and tile.
Overall we really liked the room but could see some issues staying on the East end of the property, where trains go right next to the property several times a day. We heard one train go by and were glad that we were not at that end of the facility.
The room was pretty clean except for some fuzzy's on the comforter cover. The hallways and elevator area were not very clean and looked like they had been neglected for a week or so.
The free breakfast was great. They had one of those waffle makers, french toast, bagels, eggs, biscuits and gravy, yogurt, cereal, oatmeal, etc. We were pretty surprised at the variety. They also had milk, soda, juice and coffee. Also, they had USA Today right there to grab while you ate.
We also looked into the business center and it was very nice. It had a couple computers, ample desk space for several people, and printers.
I didn't use the wireless at the hotel.
The hotel also offers an evening beverage reception Monday - Thursday, but we were there Fri - Saturday.
Overall, I would definitely stay here again. The location is top notch for SeaTac, shopping, gambling, popping over to Seattle, running up to BellSquare, whatever.
We usually stay at Embassy Suites, but I chose Homewood due to the good TripAdvisor reviews. We were not disappointed.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Roook
Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2008

I recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to the Seattle area. In the suburbs but only a ten minute drive to downtown Seattle. Nice rooms, free breakfast, easy in/out. Stayed here in 2004 and again in 2007 for a week at a time. No complaints.

• Stayed July 2007
Kansas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2008

For the price this hotel is a good choice. Not only are they full suites with kitchen equipment they also serve a free breakfast and dinner. In addition to dinner they have beer and wine that flows freely. The dinner and breakfast are nothing to write home about but they are good and fill you up.
The rooms are average, but not out of date and have normal accommodations for the price. I had numerous problems with the internet and there is only wireless internet in the lobby, the rooms have Ethernet cables.
The staff was ok but did not go out of their way to make you feel happy and make sure everything was going well with your stay.
The location of the hotel is excellent as long as you don’t have to travel to downtown in rush hour. If there is no traffic you can make it to downtown in less than 15 minutes. This hotel is located about 5 minutes away from Boeing field and Boeing Reaton.

• Liked — Value
  • Disliked — Service
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled on business
La Jolla, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2008

We stayed at the Homewood Suites in Tukwila over MLK holiday. The price seemed right and the location was convenient. I was also thinking that we could use the refrigerator/stove, etc, but decided instead to eat out.

The room was very nice and large with a nice leatherette sofa, great lighting, ample seating at a desk or the sofas. The kitchen/lounging area was separate from the sleeping area. I was impressed by the amount of room provided.

The kitchen is small but adequate. It has no oven. Also, ours did not have a colander in case we wanted to strain food.

There are apparently nonsmoking rooms with fireplaces, but these were not available when I checked in. I also received one of those Homewood Suites blankets at check-in (an option at the $139 price when I made online reservations) and it is great. We stayed on a weekend and did not get to experience the light dinner hors d'oeuvres.

I did notice a rather strange odor in the hallway of my building, something similar to sour milk or curry (but not in a good way). However, this did not carry into the room.

The breakfast was fairly standard. As a budget Hilton member, I enjoy the Hilton Garden Inn breakfasts the most. The Homewood Suites breakfasts tend to have oddly shaped scrambled eggs, greasy meat and the usual continental affair. They did have a decent oatmeal.

The business center was large with two computers and an awesome color laser printer. My husband, however, felt that using Microsoft office applications was very cumbersome due to their security software.

It was too cold to use the pool, but it looked like it would be nice in the summer.

Overall, the stay was pleasant. In retrospect, if I knew I wasn't going to use the kitchen, I would have a chosen a less expensive Hilton option.

• Liked — Spaciousness
  • Disliked — Weird smell in hallway
  • Stayed January 2007, traveled as a couple
3 Thank ReviewsByJEN
Kenmore, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2007

I was in town for an interview and the company booked the hotel. It was a very good experience. Their shuttle came and picked me up, took me to grab some food, back to the hotel and then out to the company for the interview and back again. All of the staff were extremely nice. I had a double room with a full kitchen. They have a full complimentary breakfast in the morning and during the week they have themed dinners that are also complimentary. You're definitely getting a good amount for your buck. I was even late to the dinner and one of the workers went back to the kitchen and got me some food anyway. I have nothing but good things to say about the staff and hotel. I'd stay again and probably will this month when I relocate to Seattle.

• Liked — Close to the airport and shuttle service takes you anywhere in a five mile radius
  • Disliked — Not much to do within walking distance
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled on business
4 Thank jbutters
North West England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2007

With one notable exception, all my stays at Homewood Suites have been very good and as expected. This one was also good.

We had a suite with king bed and everything was clean and in good condition. There were some fake red flowers on the coffee table which provided a splash of colour.

I booked this one night stay 11 months in advance and got a great rate of $99 plus tax for the night. It was considerably more expensive later.

The only slight negative for us was we had travelled from the UK on a Saturday and the buffet breakfast was not served until 7 am on Sunday. As we'd been up since 3 am thanks to the time difference, we went to the closest 24-hour Wal-Mart and stocked up on water, snacks etc for the rest of our trip.

The buffet was very good and as well as all the usual items, there were breakfast burritos (good), scrambled egg and a waffle iron was provided to make your own with the batter provided. There was also a separate food section with what appeared to be Japanese food, along with chopsticks.

The surrounding area to this Homewood Suites was quite pleasant. A good place to start a vacation.

• Stayed September 2007, traveled as a couple
2 Thank twasbrillig4
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tukwila
Hampton Inn Seattle/Southcenter
Home2 Suites by Hilton Seattle Airport
DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Seattle Airport - Southcenter
Embassy Suites by Hilton Seattle - Tacoma International Airport
Residence Inn Seattle South/Tukwila
Hampton Inn and Suites Seattle-Airport/28th Ave

Been to Homewood Suites Seattle - Tacoma Airport / Tukwila? Share your experiences!