“Nice & Comfortable Hotel”

Homewood Suites Seattle - Tacoma Airport / Tukwila
Ranked #4 of 19 Hotels in Tukwila
Lafayette, Louisiana
“Nice & Comfortable Hotel”
Reviewed August 19, 2013

My husband & I stayed here in early August for 6 nights. We arrived rather late at night coming from the airport, but didn't have any trouble finding the hotel. It was located at the end of an office park. At check-in, they were friendly and polite. We drove around the property trying to pick where to park when we saw some shady persons hanging out in the back of the lot by the railroad tracks. Therefore, we decided to park near the front of the hotel. I would have mentioned this to the staff if I had seen them again, but only saw them that night. I've seen other reviews stating that there are no elevators, but our building had an elevator. We were on the 3rd floor. The room was a king bedroom suite, which included a separate living area and full kitchen. The kitchen included a full size refrigerator, dishwasher, microwave and utensils. A door separated the living area from the bedroom. The room was nice and well cleaned. The large Southcenter mall is only about 5 minutes away. There were plenty of restaurants and coffee shops in the area surrounding the mall. We used link light rail to go to Seattle one of the days we were there. We parked our rental car at the Tukwila Int'l Station, which has 600 parking spaces. However, during the weekdays we could not find any where to park and just drove to downtown Seattle. This hotel also provides shuttle service, but we did not use it. The wifi was free and they don't charge for parking. The water pressure in the bath was good, but the pleather couch in the living area was quite uncomfortable. I didn't hear any trains the 6 days I was there. I can't comment on the free breakfast, since I never had it. The air conditioning worked fine in the room. I really enjoyed having a full size refrigerator. During check-out, the staff was also very polite. Overall, I enjoyed my stay here.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Port Coquitlam, Canada
Reviewed August 14, 2013

I booked this property because it was the only 2 bedroom suite in the Seattle area available that evening (family of 6). When we arrived after a long day on the road, I was very suprised at the complementary dinner with beer and wine waiting for us. Property was very clean, spacious and well-maitained. Basketball Court and pool were great for the kids. Staff were all terrific!

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

SEATK_DS, Manager at Homewood Suites Seattle - Tacoma Airport / Tukwila, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
Thank you for choosing our hotel for your family's stay in the Seattle Area. We are pleased to hear you took advantage of our great amenities and that you stay was great. We look forward to seeing you again soon!!
Roanoke, Virginia
Reviewed August 13, 2013

Upon arrival I thought this Homewood Suites looked a bit odd. The layout is different from what I'm used to, but it is still the same great brand. I love the huge rooms, the breakfast is great, I'm sure the manager's reception was good but I missed it, and the service was great. The location in a business park was a bit bland, but the complimentary shuttle more than made up for that. More than anything else I appreciate the friendly, helpful staff that assisted us during our stay.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
SEATK_DS, Manager at Homewood Suites Seattle - Tacoma Airport / Tukwila, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Thank you so much for choosing our hotel. We are glad that your utilized our complimentary 5 mile radius shuttle. We take a lot of pride in our property and how we are different from the other hotels in our area. Thank you again for choosing our hotel and we look forward to you staying with us in the future.

Regards,

Brian.
Kansas City, United States
Reviewed August 12, 2013

It is refreshing at the end of a long and tiring day of travel to arrive at your hotel and immediately feel so at ease with your surroundings and the staff. Nancy at the front desk checked us in and made us feel very welcome. We really did appreciate her helpfulness and sense of humor. Mike, the van driver, ran us around every day to dinner, to the light rail station and even to the 7-11 for wine. Pilar, the van driver, was also a very positive breath of fresh air. Just a very positive atmosphere overall and really great staff. The property itself is lovely with a relaxing, quiet vibe. Even the train nearby didn't bother us at all. Quality of sleep was fantastic. The complimentary breakfast was great and the shuttle service is awesome. I would definitely stay here again in a heartbeat!

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

SEATK_DS, Manager at Homewood Suites Seattle - Tacoma Airport / Tukwila, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Trisha,

Thank you for the comment about our hotel. We are pleased to hear about your excellent stay and look forward to seeing you again soon! Safe travels!

-Sales Manager
SALT LAKE CITY
Reviewed August 11, 2013

We had a 2 bedroom suite and overall accommodations were nice. The room was clean and spacious. However, the area of the hotel did not feel safe especially since we were traveling with young children. Other than problems getting an initial email reservation confirmation, most of our problems occurred following check out when I left jewelry on the bathroom counter. I called the next day when I realized I had left it recalling the exact location. We received poor follow up and finally had to go in person when we returned to Seattle 1 week later. Again, we were told housekeeping was not available and nothing was done to make good on the loss of my jewelry. Overall, we were very unhappy with the response to this problem and feel certain that whoever cleaned our room that day is happily wearing my jewelry which had great sentimental value.

1 Thank Stacie G
SEATK_DS, Manager at Homewood Suites Seattle - Tacoma Airport / Tukwila, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
We are extremely sorry to hear about your experiences at our hotel during your stay. As you can see from previous tripadvisor.com posts, situations like these rarely ever happen and our management staff will be looking into this ASAP. Please call our hotels Sales Department to see if there is anything we can do to help rectify the situations.

Safe Travels,

Sales Manager.
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed August 8, 2013

stayed here five nights. Staff was very friendly, however did not know much about how to get around on public transit. Jennifer R and Nancy were especially helpful and nice. Mike the van driver was great, took us to get wine one night on the way back from the light rail station. breakfast was very good, more than your standard continental fare. suites were more like studio apartments with a separate bedroom. overall, very good experience We did not have a car but got around by taking the shuttle to the light rail station and going downtown on the light rail.

Room Tip: About thirty minutes from downtown on the light rail.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
SEATK_DS, Manager at Homewood Suites Seattle - Tacoma Airport / Tukwila, responded to this review, August 9, 2013
Thank you so much for submitting your review about our hotel on Tripadvisor.com! We are pleased to hear you enjoyed our customer service, amenities, and the Light Rail service to Downtown Seattle. We hope to see you again soon!
Austin, Texas
Reviewed August 8, 2013

We were spending one night in Seattle on our way home from Orcas Island, so we wanted to be near the airport. This hotel was perfect for our needs-myself, my husband and our two children under the age of 5. I am addicted to Homewood Suites ever since I had kids and felt the need for a suite. It is located in a parking lot with lots of office complexes (at least that's how it appears) so you may feel like you're going the wrong way the first time. This hotel was quiet, nice pool, basketball court, workout room-although the A/C in the gym was broken and they didn't fix it while we were there, which was kind of a drag, and I believe one of the treadmills was broken so there were only two choices-but hey, at least they have a workout room, right? Also on our second floor, there was a TERRIBLE smell-like someone had left freshly caught fish outside their door for a week-no one explained this to us, but at least our room smelled fine. I love the 24/7 coffee bar-kind of a big deal for me. Also, breakfasts are usually amazing at these hotels-this was no exception. I was slightly disappointed that they didn't have a waffle maker. We arrived 30 minutes late to breakfast and one worker let my husband go into the kitchen and pack up several to-go boxes for our family-that was really nice!! They were very accommodating. Hotel is very close to good restaurants (Duke's Chowder House was DELICIOUS even though it's in a mall), shopping-Target and a mall, and it was VERY easy to get to either I-5 or 405. The hotel has a 24/7 airport shuttle, which was didn't need, but the drive to the airport for us was maybe 10 minutes and really really easy directions. There is a family fun center nearby, too, but we didn't have time for that. Btw, if you hate kids, or kid noise, or soccer tournaments-may want to steer clear of this place. I believe there is a sports complex nearby and we saw a ton of young soccer kids around. They weren't too loud, but I'm sure it gets loud during certain tournaments. I highly recommend this hotel!

Room Tip: I heard a train when I was outside, so rooms near the back may have train noise, but I couldn't...
Auntjemima07,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review about our property. We are pleased to hear that your stay and the location of our property suited to your family's travel needs. We hope to see you again in the near future.

Safe Travels,