Homewood Suites Seattle - Tacoma Airport / Tukwila
Ranked #4 of 19 Hotels in Tukwila
Reviewed June 19, 2011

Stayed here the first and last nights of my cruise trip due to its location near the airport. When we arrived (around midnight), we called for a shuttle and it arrived about 30 minutes later and could only accommodate 3 out of 4 of our party. After another 30 minutes, the shuttle returned with barely enough room for me, much less my luggage. Five more people were left waiting.

When I got to the hotel, they gave us a smoking room to which we had no choice because they were sold out. Due to how late it was, we just dealt with it. Had to buy Febreeze so we could wear our clothes the rest of the week.

Breakfast was ok, but they didn't have any of the boxes or ingredients list, so I wasn't sure if my daughter (who has celiac disease) could eat.

Took the the shuttle to the light rail station into the city the next day without issue.

On returning from the cruise, we took a $50 cab ride back to this hotel and arrived around 9:30am. Clearly too early to checkin as they were sold out the night before. Staff were exceptionally nice and offered us breakfast and use of any of the amenities while we waited. Took the shuttle to the mall (around the corner) and watched a movie and had lunch. They called and told us they were oversold and sent us to another comparable hotel.

Couldn't fault the staff as they took care of the charges.

Room Tip: Good luck to you...
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
SEATK_DS, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites Seattle - Tacoma Airport / Tukwila, responded to this reviewResponded June 23, 2011

Thank you for staying with us and we appreciate your review. I apologize that you were not happy with your room assignment during your recent trip. We strive to accommodate all reservations but occasionally cannot meet every room request. We hope you will consider giving us a second chance if you return to the area.

If you have any questions or if I may be of assistance to you please let me know.

Reviewed June 8, 2011

My first experience at a Homewood Hilton, and I have to admit I was floored with the home like warm feel of the hotel. Room was spacious and I didn't feel like I was in a cracker jack box. Was able to spread my work out, and make myself comfortable. Long hours for work make it difficult to pry myself out of bed in the morning but the hot breakfast was delightful and I was pleased. Staff was great, smiled and welcomed me. Will spend time in Tukwila every so often for work, although I will not frequent the area I will stay here each and every time.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
SEATK_DS, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites Seattle - Tacoma Airport / Tukwila, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2011

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a response about your first stay with us. Your feedback is very important and I am delighted to know that you had a wonderful experience, the accommodations fit your needs, and that our staff provided outstanding service. We appreciate your business and look forward to welcoming you back for your next stay with us!

Director of Sales

Reviewed May 28, 2011

This was my first time staying at this property. I was impressed with the home like feel.
The light dinner was a nice surprise. The housekeeping staff was very good at their work, 20 minutes and my suites was better then new! I did experience a small problem of my own doing, however the desk staff person (Mike) was able to help me find a solution and was very helpful.

I look forward to my next vists and will be staying here again, for business or pleasure.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
SEATK_DS, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites Seattle - Tacoma Airport / Tukwila, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2011

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a response about your stay with us this past weekend. Your feedback is very important to us and I am happy to hear that you had a great stay with us and that our staff "wowed" you with their service. We appreciate your business and look forward to your next stay with us!!

Director of Sales

Reviewed March 14, 2011

Living in Bellingham, WA we usually book flights out of SEATAC in the morning and spend the night nearby before the flight. I've spend a fortune staying 'at' the airport, just for the luxury of being across the street. Once we found the Homewood suites in Tukwila, we stopped staying at the airport. Its barely ten minutes away.
1) You get 3 to 4 times the amount of room for your buck, in space and comfort compared to airport hotels.
2) The shuttle service is great if you need it.
3) The rooms are clean and the staff are friendly.
4) The rates are actually quite reasonable for what you get. If you want a low budget motel experience, there are plenty available in the area. This is not a luxury hotel. It's a typical business travelers all suites property, and its worth every penny, even though I could live without the typical heartburn inducing lobby breakfast and the train noise. As to security, I've stayed there at least a dozen times over the last couple of years and have never had any problems whatsoever, nor have I met anyone who has, though I'm sure it happens. It happens everywhere. I would say that 8 out of 10 times I've been able to park my car within 50 ft of our room when staying in a ground floor unit (which I always request).
I highly recommend this property. Just make sure you book in advance for better rates.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
SEATK_DS, Manager at Homewood Suites Seattle - Tacoma Airport / Tukwila, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2011

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel with others. We appreciate your business and for your continued loyalty to our hotel. We look forward to your next stay with us!

Reviewed February 19, 2011

Homewood Suites Tukwila was always my favorite place to stay when visiting the Seattle area; however, their rates have skyrocketed over the past several years which forced me to find cheaper accommodations. Beautiful atmosphere, great freebie food for breakfast and in the evening, spacious suites, and if you're lucky to have a room facing the 405, you *might* get to see Mt. Rainier in all its glory on a sunny day. Highly recommend, if you don't mind paying alot more for a room than is necessary; there are other nice places in the area.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with friends
SEATK_DS, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites Seattle - Tacoma Airport / Tukwila, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2011

We are sorry we were not able to provide you with the quality of amenities and services you deserve. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding experience at Homewood Suites. We appreciate your feedback and I will be reaching out to you in order to make this right.

Reviewed February 16, 2011

I have never seen a set up like this before. When we arrived, I thought we were driving up to a refurbished apartment complex, but it was in fact a Homewood. We stay at Homewoods quite often, but this was a disappoinment. The staff, while friendly, seemed too busy for people checking in. My room key cards would not open half the doors most of the time. It's almost like a complex and not very easy to get around. Parking not that handy, and we had to "trick" the room thermostat by sticking a lamp near it so the A/C would run more often as it was pretty warm that day, even for Washington weather. The rooms were clean, so that was nice, and seemed a bit bigger than the standard Homewood set up, which makes me think this used to be something else under a different name. The rates were too steep, and the location STINKS. This had to be the worst hotel for us to locate, even with GPS

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family

Reviewed January 15, 2011

Booked 2- 1 bedroom suites for my family and another that came up to play in a soccer tournament at Star Fire.
I read the reviews and was a little tentative. If you read the worst reviews, I can address most of them.
The staff here is awsome, helpfull and friendly. Took care of any problem or possible problems I had, beyond my expectations. Thank you to Kellie and Mike..
The location is on the green river with railroad tracks on the other side of it. The trains came through but the noise inside was minimum and any rumble barely noticed. The rooms are well insulated and the annoyance was minimal at best.
The parking lot had no cars broken into while I was there. I walked around and looked for glass on the ground and found none. Any public parking lot has its share of problems.
The fireplace is for ambience and the fire log was great. The rooms have central air heating so the room was always comfortable.
The kids outside running around were mine and the ones that were not were respectfull and well behaved.
I slept like a log on my king size bed.
Good breakfast
So if you are a parent and have a child that plays soccer this is heaven. You can walk right out to the largest soccer center in the area, Star Fire.
Would have liked to stay longer.
The rooms are set up like a condo/apartment and quite well appointed.
The ones we stayed in were courtyard style
The parking lot is about 100 feet from the furthest most rooms so not that long of a haul unless your over 70 and the handicap parking is about 50 feet so should not be a problem.
Wifi loaded quickly and was standard G wifi. Not N. No problems getting on the net.
My friends, that stayed in the room next door to us, agreed with my evaluation.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with family
SEATK_DS, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites Seattle - Tacoma Airport / Tukwila, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel. We truly appreciate your business and are happy to know that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to seeing you again soon!