“Food? A+. Service? D.”

What the Pho
Ranked #67 of 152 Restaurants in Tukwila
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Reviewed December 28, 2012

We are big pho fans, but had never been here before. Nice decor, nice vibe. Our order was taken quickly, our spring rolls were brought quickly. They were marvelous, the peanut sauce was unusual, spicy but not aggressive, fine all around.

My "jasmin tea" was delivered. It was not jasmin and may not have been tea. Odd and bitter, more like weak coffee. Wanted to complain to waitress and get what I ordered but she was nowhere to be seen. For quite a while.

Then she delivered our two bowls of pho, said "Enjoy"and literally ran away. No plate of basil, sprouts, peppers, and lime? Not just that we usually got that with pho ... The menu SPECIFIED that with pho orders. Pho was among the best ever. Rich broth, scads of meat, hot and fragrant. We slurped right in, looking up for waitress occasionally. We never saw her again until we finished. We eventually nabbed a waiter from another station and got our vege plate when we were about half finished.

When we paid the bill we left a $2.00 tip. If SHE didn't get the message from our tip, her boss might get a clearer message from this review... Your kitchen works fine, train waitstaff better. Ask customers "how is it so far?" Listen to that feedback. You have the potential to be the best pho place in King County. But I won't be back to check on you.

Reviewed December 10, 2012

The soup is not hot enough. The server gave us the raw bean spout for the pho noodle soup. The spouts were still raw in the noodle soup for awhile.

The coffee is like in taste and too sweet. Vietnamese coffee usually come with a dripper and it's quick strong (like espresso) but this one, the server made it really for us.

Will not come back again.

Reviewed December 3, 2012 via mobile

There sandwiches are delicious! You must try. The sandwiches come with tarro fries and a very good rhubarb catsup for dipping and is only around $7. The pho is also very good, the staff is very friendly and the restaurant is very clean! I Would recommend this place, and I don't think anyone would be disappointed!

Reviewed October 17, 2012

My family and I went to this restaurant twice! We simply love it. Price is little high for the usual pho, but the true is, restaurant itself is very clean and the decor is very modern. When you are craving for a bowl of pho this is the place to go.

Reviewed September 15, 2012

Located in one of the many malls south of Southcenter Mall, What the Pho has a nice variety of pho (Vietnamese beef broth noodle soups) and some other very tasty dishes. While not extraordinary, it is quite good. I often get a meal to go, and service is pleasant and fast.

Been to What the Pho? Share your experiences!