“NO One Wants An Extended Stay Here”

Extended Stay America - Seattle - Tukwila
Reviewed May 28, 2014

First impressions are a clue. I went into the office to obtain my room today for what is supposed to be two glorious nights in an undiscovered city--Seattle. The front desk person was taking a personal call on the office phone and made me wait while she completed her conversation. I proceeded to take out my phone to find somewhere else to stay. However, I paid for this rathole through Priceline. Needless to say, the room was much like the customer service--patheticly poor. The room is old and only the flooring is cheaply updated. The furnishings are well worn. The room is not clean and the stuff on the wall may well be a bio-contaminant. I usually bring a sheet or sleeping bag for my adventures. Sadly, I only brought a sheet this time. I have to go to sleep now. I don't know what surprises I will carry home. I'm scared--so very scared!

• Stayed: May 2014
2  Thank ttr107369
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Seattle - Tukwila, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2014

I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. The issues that you described are unacceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. To uphold our company's high standards, I will be working with our staff to make sure our guest rooms are cleaned properly prior to check-in and will be coaching them on how to provide better customer service moving forward.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at stu@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

There are newer reviews for Extended Stay America - Seattle - Tukwila

Reviewed May 23, 2014 via mobile

When my apartment building was burned down, my insurance company gave me two options of hotels in which to reside while renovations were completed; having stayed in both hotels before there was no question as to my preferred choice; excellent staff, safe, close to American amenities, the International airport & 6 mins on freeway to downtown Seattle: entrance 30 secs away.
Respectful, respectable, courteous and exemplary stay in every way; what I most like is in the evenings when I return home the front office is always bright & cheery; inviting lights on, good landscaping and beautiful spring flowers right now. In an awful unforeseen circumstance, that "welcome home" vision of well maintained foyer, clean steps & just the feeling that someone is "home" has made this difficult time less stressful.

• Stayed: April 2014
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Seattle - Tukwila, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2014

I want to thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review of our hotel. I'm so glad that we were able to provide you with a "home away from home" during this difficult time. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay America. We hope that you will stay at our hotel, or any of our other brand locations in the future.

Reviewed May 11, 2014

My only complaints would be that our keys stopped working everyday and there never seemed to be anyone at the desk when i needed something. The toilet didn't work when we got there but they came and fixed it immediately. Other than those things i really liked our stay there and would stay again.

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank LLJ625
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Seattle - Tukwila, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I sincerely apologize for the maintenance issues in your room and the level of professionalism displayed by some members of our staff. In response to your feedback, I will meet with the staff to review our maintenance policies and guest protocol to ensure your experience is not repeated. Again, thank you for the comments. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better stay in the future.

Reviewed May 11, 2014

This was our second stay. As before, the staff took very good care of us. The room was very clean and in good condition. We always need a kitchen when we travel, and this room had a full kitchen, not a mini-fridge and microwave that other properties provide. We shopped and ate nearby, and used the LA Fitness that is within a few minutes drive. The hotel is located close to two interstates. Our trips to downtown Seattle were easy, but expect traffic delays during rush hour. The drive to the rental car return at SEATAC airport is less than 10 minutes. This location has everything we need, so we will be back again.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I’m happy to hear that you enjoyed our friendly staff and clean rooms with fully equipped kitchens at a great value. Your feedback is greatly appreciated and it will help us in our efforts to continually improve our hotel. We look forward to hosting you again in the future!

Reviewed May 7, 2014

I've got nothing but praise for the whole staff. Since day 1 I've felt at home. Just a great group of people here. If I have any questions, they've always been answered swiftly and very politely. They have always treated me with the utmost respect. Even when I might be in the wrong, they have worked with me to get whatever resolved. Two Thumbs Up to the staff.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Seattle - Tukwila, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2014

Tyrone - Thank you so much for writing such a great review of our hotel. I'm glad to hear that you were pleased with the great customer service provided by our staff. Customer service is a top priority of ours, so it is great to hear that we met that goal. I will be sure to share your kind remarks with our entire team. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay America. We would love the opportunity to provide you with another "home away from home" experience in the future.

Reviewed May 6, 2014

I booked this hotel for 3 employees visiting from another out of town facility. I received to following feedback after they completed their two week stay.

Two expressed that the hotel wasn’t in the best part of town and they feared for their safety and/or having their rental cars vandalized. One called to order a pizza and was told that delivery drivers were not allowed in that part of the city. They also mentioned that the vending machines at the hotel had been broken into.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
3  Thank T G

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am sorry to hear that our hotel did not meet your needs and that your employees did not feel safe. In response to your feedback, I am going to ask our employees to patrol the parking lot as much as possible. Guest safety is a top priority of ours, and we will make sure to take every action necessary to ensure each guest feels comfortable at our hotel. I really appreciate you bringing this to our attention. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at stu@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

Reviewed May 4, 2014

I love the mini-kitchen even though I didn't use it for my overnight stay; it has a full-size fridge. Although my room was facing the freeway off ramp, I didn't hear the traffic noise with the window closed. The room is smaller than most hotels I've stayed at, but since everything is well laid-out you don't feel cramped. I didn't notice any signs of "wear and tear" in my room and the outside is well-maintained.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Seattle - Tukwila, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2014

Stephen - I want to thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I'm glad that you enjoyed your fully equipped kitchen and the layout of your room. As well, it's great to hear that you did not experience any noise disturbance from the nearby traffic. Thank you again for your feedback. We hope to see you again soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Tukwila
Ramada Tukwila Southcenter
Hampton Inn Seattle/Southcenter
DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Seattle Airport - Southcenter
Home2 Suites by Hilton Seattle Airport
Crowne Plaza Seattle Airport
Americas Best Value Inn & Suites

Been to Extended Stay America - Seattle - Tukwila? Share your experiences!