“It's Just OK!”

Extended Stay America - Seattle - Tukwila
Reviewed January 14, 2014

I've been staying at this chain for a while now. I've tried them in other locations and was pleased so I thought I'd give this place a try. It worked but, the room I got here was half the size of the room I had at the ESA in Alameda, CA. last week. No couch (no room for one) and the kitchen was much smaller. The room was clean but if you have a window open you'll get lots of noise from the freeway which the hotel is right along side of. And I didn't realize it when I booked the room but all of the room doors go to "outside" entry. Again it worked out OK but I prefer a hotel where I exit my room to a hallway, not the outside. Guess it's a security concern that I have although I did not have any issues. The check-in experience was good and very efficient and the internet service was great but there was very limited TV channels. And no such thing as a TV channel guide. As I said this place worked OK but it's not my cup of tea and no, I won't be back. I'll be looking for a larger room with less noise. I don't see the value of a small room with no maid service for $100 / night.

Room Tip: Try to get a room away from the freeway.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Dale K

Reviewed September 11, 2013

We went to ESA at Tukwila, WA. It was a nice room. Nice people but my only concern was they have hidden cost. They didn't let you know that there will be. You'll be surprised once you receive your receipt. $35 hidden fee for a 2 night stay. and you can hear people talking from the other room.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Grace D
Reviewed September 9, 2013

When I first saw the location of this hotel I was concerned the interstate traffic may keep me awake. I was completely wrong. There were no horns, just calming white noise. I slept great. The staff was super friendly and very accommodating. Definitely recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: You will hear traffic in any of the rooms, but there are no horns so it is very calming.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Seattle - Tukwila, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am happy to hear that the comfort of or hotel location exceeded your expectations. Also, I am pleased to know that our staff provided you with courteous and great customer service. I'm thrilled that you had such a wonderful stay.

Thank you for choosing our hotel. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed August 28, 2013

We had a wonderful stay at this hotel. Our room was bigger than we're used to and the kitchen was a great addition. The staff was very welcoming, helpful and bright! They always helped us with a smile on their face. The other guests that we met were also friendly. I'd have to say my favorite part about this hotel was the staff, right when we checked in they were ready to help us with whatever we needed. The man who checked us in gave us ideas for entertainment and transportation to our Mariner's game--which was a lifesaver! We would gladly stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: We had a room facing the highway, although we didn't mind the noise. But if this is something th...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Seattle - Tukwila, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2013

Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels and for taking the time to provide feedback about your experience. One of the greatest rewards of my job is receiving encouraging feedback such as yours. Our staff at the Extended Stay America Seattle - Tukwila takes pride in creating a memorable, exceptional “home away from home” for our guests. Hearing that we have accomplished that goal means that we have delivered you the value and experience you expect and deserve.

Reviewed August 9, 2013

Spent a 4-day weekend in Seattle...instead of paying a premium for a room in dowmtown Seattle, I opted for a cheaper room closer to the airport in order to be able to afford a car rental.

This was my first experience with Extended Stay America, and it was pleasant. The room was clean, comfortable, and even though I didn't use it - the kitchen was a nice extra.

The toilet seemed to have a clog in it...I went down to the main desk to report it, and by the time I went to the car and returned to my room, it had been taken care of. Talk about speedy service!

My only gripe has to do with the fact that my room was facing the highway, and the steady hum of cars speeding by was very loud. Of course, the BENEFIT to being near the highway was that I could hop on & off the highway with minimal fuss...but the loudness of the highway was irksome. I suspect that anyone who may have trouble sleeping could find this harsh to deal with (fortunately I was exhausted all 3 nights so falling asleep was no problem).

I definitely would stay here again under similar circumstances.

Room Tip: Choose a room that does NOT face the highway!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Ren Z
Reviewed August 8, 2013

We have to have a kitchen wherever we stay. This property has everything we needed plus is convenient for sightseeing in Seattle and traveling from the SEATAC airport. Checkin was easy. The room was very clean, comfortable and well equipped. The hotel staff took care of all our requests quickly and efficiently.

Room Tip: Close to SEATAC airport
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank L D
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Seattle - Tukwila, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2013

Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels and for taking the time to provide feedback about your experience. We value your opinion so we can continue to improve the service we offer. It was a great pleasure for me to read the comments you submitted. Our staff takes pride in creating a memorable, exceptional “home away from home” for our guests. Hearing that we have accomplished that goal means that we have delivered you the value and experience you expect and deserve.

Thank you again for your positive comments. I have shared them with our entire team as well as our Senior Management. We look forward to hosting you once again at Extended Stay Hotels.

Reviewed July 22, 2013 via mobile

I've constantly stayed here for business trip. It's near to the mall, near to the airport. The price is also in good value.
Room is clean, the free breakfast only offers muffins, oatmeals, coffee and tea as its standard.

• Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank Claire S
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Seattle - Tukwila, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2013

Claire - Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels and for taking the time to provide feedback about your experience. We value your opinion so we can continue to improve the service we offer. It was a great pleasure for me to read the comments you submitted.

One of the greatest rewards of my job is receiving encouraging feedback such as yours. Our staff takes pride in creating a memorable, exceptional “home away from home” for our guests. Hearing that we have accomplished that goal means that we have delivered you the value and experience you expect and deserve.

We look forward to having you stay with us again in the future!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Tukwila
Hampton Inn Seattle/Southcenter
Extended Stay America - Seattle - Renton
Ramada SeaTac Airport North
Homewood Suites by Hilton Seattle-Tacoma Airport/Tukwila
Ramada Tukwila Southcenter
DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Seattle Airport - Southcenter

Been to Extended Stay America - Seattle - Tukwila? Share your experiences!