“Treat you like a DOG!”

Extended Stay America - Seattle - Tukwila
Washington, United States
“Treat you like a DOG!”
Reviewed August 29, 2012

Horrible staff! Our family came in from out of town and we were told one hotel had no rooms, and we were told to call another, hung up on. Calling the other hotel the lady was RUDE, cut me off in the middle of my sentences after asking me questions, Put me on hold 3 times and kept me on hold for the length of 7 minutes, asked me how many were in my party, etc. only to tell me they were full. I tried to ask the woman why I was left on hold, she then proceeded to cut me off again and tell me she had the right to refuse me service. DON'T Give this hotel your business. HORRIBLE, not worth your hassle. Pay a bit more for a business that will treat your family and kids like they want you to stay in their hotel.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Seattle - Tukwila, responded to this review, September 4, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Extended our hotel. Given our company's commitment to superior guest satisfaction, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. Please understand how truly sorry I am.

I am grateful for the opportunity to respond to your concern. I have spoken with my staff and reviewed the importance of being professional and polite with each and every guest, no matter how busy we may be. It is my sincere hope that apart from this unfortunate occurrence, the rest of your stay with us was satisfying.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Annville, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 15, 2012

I arrived at 3:30am to find a hand written note taped to the lobby door telling me that if I wanted service, I had to pick up the house phone and call. I did, and 5 minutes later the clerk checked me in to what was supposed to be a non-smoking room. When I got to the room, it reeked of a combination of cigarette smoke and mildew. Not wanting to lug my gear back down stairs and go through the phone experience, I decided to rough it. It wasn't until I decided to get in bed that I found all 4 of the pillows were dirty. Still decided to rough it without a pillow. The next morning I informed the front desk of my experience in person, (the clerk didn't so much as say "sorry, sir"), and switched rooms. The next room was satisfactory.
This is a bare bones hotel. Maid service will cost you an extra $3.00 a day if you want it more than once every 6 days. Clean towels? No problem. Just bring them to the front desk. Shampoo and extra soap? Front desk again.
This isn't a hotel in the traditional sense. It is a roof over your head.
No pool, no fitness room.
And the toilet overflowed for no particular reason (plunger under the bathroom sink.)

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank RickOL
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Seattle - Tukwila, responded to this review, July 24, 2012
I recently received a copy of your review of the Extended Stay America Seattle - Tukwila. Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Tukwila
Ramada Tukwila Southcenter
#1 of 34 in SeaTac
5.0 of 5 bubbles 2,240 reviews
Home2 Suites by Hilton Seattle Airport
Seattle Airport Marriott

Been to Extended Stay America - Seattle - Tukwila? Share your experiences!